IGNORED

Jaguar GameDrive "Memory Card Unreadable"

Doc4

I formatted a brand new SanDisk 32GB card as FAT32 on a Mac, added some games and now the card is unreadable with the message "Memory Card Unreadable" (I've done this multiple times now) I even tried 'SD Card Formatter' but nothing helps.

Note that initially I just took the SD Card out of the package, added games, and it played fine. Sadly I only got one days worth of play before wanting to add more games and then seeing this message. Has anyone else had this problem and is it Mac related?

Lastly, I just jiggled the SD Card for a second or two and the GD said something to the effect of "reading directory" and the "Memory Card Unreadable" message disappeared but it didn't display any files.

Anyone have any ideas?

This is a symptom of a bad connection on the memory card socket, it looks like the connections on the socket will need re-flowing. Try the retailer first and see if they are able to repair or replace it, failing than I will always fix problems like this.

(Replied via email as well)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Following up on this in case anyone else is having trouble.

I've ruled out any Mac Fat/Fat32 formatting as I couldn't get the GD to recognize when formatted on a PC or either. We're both confident that the memory card socket has a bad connection. I attempted to reflow the solder but the part is so small I can barely see it (I'm working on getting a digital microscope for this type of thing) but in the end SainT was gracious enough to take a look for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Following up on this again. 

SainT was able to replace my Game Drive after discovering an issue. I'd like to point out that I either have a bad SD Card or there is some sort of issue formatting these on a Mac. Once I received the new Game Drive I tried out the same SD Card and continued to get the "Memory Card Unreadable" message. I finally picked up an identical SD Card, didn't format it on the Mac, just dumped the games on it and it worked fine. I've since removed this new card multiple times with no issues. 

Has anyone else had an issue with Mac formatting?