IGNORED

It's Conner time 3! V23.75 out now! ((c) 2023!) (Note: DOESN'T WORK ON JS7800.)

Ecernosoft

Hello Atariage!.... again.

Yes. I really did make a second thread for THE SAME GAME. Why? Well...... ....

Anyway, here it is:

ICT3_V23.75 (1).a78; Real game

ICT3_V23.75 (1).a; for the programmers

Background.spr; Use if you have Gorf's character editor. This is background graphics.

Enemy.spr; Enemy graphics. Again, use if you have Gorf's character editor.

I hope you enjoy. Here is an updates list:

V17.0: I'm sorry, I couldn't wait any longer. So here it is.

V18.0: Turbo isn't happy you're invading his castle!! Break the windows to... beat him. Wow. Nice job, Turbo. (Just hit them a number of times) I have plans for this boss fight, but it isn't done yet.

V18.5: $87 is now $47. 

V19.0: Crushers in Final zone!!!! ahh!!! Also, by using DBUG mode and pressing up AND down at the same time on the 2nd player joystick you can spawn these anywhere.

V20.0: Play this if you have V19.0. Also, there are Lopers in Sunset plains.... they are in beta though.

V20.25: Adds loper sprites (And they fall super fast!), le chuck en le window, and fish. None of these sprites have collision and Le chuck doesn't even chuck bombs yet!

V20.5: Collision detection added. (Thanks @splendidnut)

V20.75: Objects can't break the game by going past the top of the screen or falling below the bottom of it.

V21: Crusher overhaul + Beta 2nd stage of Turbo boss fight 

V21.5: Adds a real act A of the badlands (Act B showcases all the stages after the actual level data), fixes crusher behavior (Again!), Fixed Turbo sprites for Sunset plains, fixed jump bug I found (However it's not 100% fixed yet), adjusted fish location (They were at the right of the hole), fixed enemy generator logic (Hence why they were at the left side of the hole and the turbo sprites being buggy location wise), and Conner doesn't have an insane jump when using level select (Hit reset to select a level, press a direction to start), and compresses Enemy sprite data.

V22.0: Fixes ANOTHER fish-in-castle bug (There was one present in V21.0 if I'm not wrong) and Sky base / Underground zones are now "in the game".  (by that, their names are in there. Nothing else.)

This means that ICT3.... doesn't have a minus world (sad) because the rest of the slots are now taken! Due to the logic naming each 4th level "Special stage" and honestly, the minus worlds were not interesting. If you want a minus world, in ICT2 2600, go past the 1st screen, turn around, and the wall should be gone. Then, go past that boundary into the glitchiness, turn around, and go 2 screens right. Then you are in the real fun. ICT3's minus world..... wasn't good. It was mostly just the same as the actual stage due to the way I made my system (It would've been interesting if I made it have a pointer to each level's table instead of having a 9 bit offset into the table. Yes, the entire game is only 256 screens!!!!! This is because while there are 512 indexes, each index covers half a screen at 10*12 tiles.) I'd show you a picture of skybase/the underground zones but they are literally just Sunset plains act A at this point.

22.25: (Labled as 22.5) Graphics for Sky base (Labled in game as SCY BASE because someone forgot to put a K in the text graphics =/) added (it's the _ icon after the T in level select) added, along with "Cloulds".

Note: This version does not contain a signature. This means for dragonfly users the game will not run. However, if you own a concerto (Like me) then it should play fine.

by the way, the logo you see (Instead of the Conner sprite) came from Craiyon, formerly DALL-E mini. Type in your username and see what you get!

22.5: (Labled as 22.5 (1)) Adds jump, hurt (Beta), Coin collect and thud (Spike thing) sounds to the game.

22.75: MOAR SOUND! Chaos diamond collect, 1up, fish jump, and coin collect sounds (last is straight from ICT1). Also, for the minus world, Select the square level (Hit reset 31 times) and then beat that copy of SS-A.

V23.6: More stuff. (Would someone please ask Eagle to unban me from the experiments? Please? I promise I'll be silent, and banning me only stops me from talking, which I'm not going to do anyway. I log out regularly.)Just adds more graphics and adds a second act to the Badlands.

23.7: I meant to post this instead of 23.6 lol

23.75: For some reason Act B of The Badlands didn't get saved in 23.7. That's what this adds. Also, on the part where you can go up or down, choose the right path, otherwise You'll get sent bac

image.png.a7c0242d56c401a980828b7f7a66e9ee.png; NOTE: For the proper final boss colors make sure you hit select until the first icon resembles an apostrophe. Otherwise he'll look like this.

image.png.fc5b320802e086f9f7092b9d0f7af72d.png; Much better.
image.png.0814836b65b415fb8861f4ea168e8652.png; Oh yeah, can't forget the candles!

The crushers don't quite work right though, and I implemented extra frames of animation to make the up-and down smoother. 

Did you know that this image you see is only made out of 4 colors??? ;) 

image.png.8b23ff0d4d05a1b2757e92955844631b.png; Yes, this is a loper. :D It's still work in progress. It said it itself!

image.png.84ea13782b1ee656e0859d00c1b60d1d.png; Isn't that better? Also, he does have animation. Lopers also only appear in Sunset plains.

image.png.b39901bbd37d67352c84fab00e25f4f1.png; He looks like he's going to chuck the roof at you. He doesn't work yet...

image.png.1a462c0f2e0142db8df335bd83254008.png;FISH

image.png.89f4ee3165ca6532b014222064e1bb59.png; I tried ok? Cloulds have always been my struggle. I got them sort-of-right in stage 3 of ICT1 7800, but this is just a mess.

I hope you'll understand why I'm making this thread. Thanks guys.

One day, I really hope that you guys will take a different view on me. I don't have bad intentions. I promise! I understand I've acted badly in the past, but I've changed now. I promise. Unfortunately, some of you just can't have that. I understand that I belong in kiddie forums doing kiddie stuff, but then again, I'm probably the best you'll get from my generation. Take that as you will.

Also thanks for the Harpy's curse beta @Revontuli!!! can't wait to play it on my 7800!

Background.spr

Edited by Ecernosoft
..... or not.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Cris1997XX said:

You didn't even bother explaining why you made a thread about this AGAIN...sigh, they were right after all. You really are a teen...

6 hours ago, Cris1997XX said:

You didn't even bother explaining why you made a thread about this AGAIN...sigh, they were right after all. You really are a teen...

I didn't explain because the reason was NOT A GOOD ONE.

I said something less than pleasant on the other one and it got people mad, then I had to resolve it and all, and I just needed to start over.
Said issue has been talked about many times and the drama has been stopped, at least for now.

Edited by Ecernosoft

Can I be honest about something? Just once I'll say this to you:
I can tell you're very stubborn. Just like me. So, may I ask you to use stubbornness to scale back and maybe try making something smaller-scale? Just think for a moment: starting small is always a good thing. A lot of us newcomers, including myself, started with developing small games for game jams. So, instead of doing a medium-scale mascot platformer, why not start with something...like..."3d chess, but with platforming"? Just an example. Just...anything but a mascot platformer where the joke references "it's morbin' time," a.k.a. a literally unfunny and very mediocre meme that only exists because people were pissed at a bad movie.

Also, I'll be completely honest about this, full disclosure: stop posting new threads every time someone criticizes you. Hell, stop making new threads every time YOU screw up on taking constructive criticism.

I'm pretty stubborn too, but at least I know when to fall back. That's about it. If you respond to this, please...don't antagonize me. I'm honestly trying to help you.

Anyway, see ya soon I guess.

P.S.: I'm also annoyed by your shenanigans being talked about everywhere. Hence why I'm trying to help you become a bit better, y'know?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, r_chase said:

Can I be honest about something? Just once I'll say this to you:
I can tell you're very stubborn. Just like me. So, may I ask you to use stubbornness to scale back and maybe try making something smaller-scale? Just think for a moment: starting small is always a good thing. A lot of us newcomers, including myself, started with developing small games for game jams. So, instead of doing a medium-scale mascot platformer, why not start with something...like..."3d chess, but with platforming"? Just an example. Just...anything but a mascot platformer where the joke references "it's morbin' time," a.k.a. a literally unfunny and very mediocre meme that only exists because people were pissed at a bad movie.

Also, I'll be completely honest about this, full disclosure: stop posting new threads every time someone criticizes you. Hell, stop making new threads every time YOU screw up on taking constructive criticism.

I'm pretty stubborn too, but at least I know when to fall back. That's about it. If you respond to this, please...don't antagonize me. I'm honestly trying to help you.

Anyway, see ya soon I guess.

P.S.: I'm also annoyed by your shenanigans being talked about everywhere. Hence why I'm trying to help you become a bit better, y'know?

1. I'm sorrry........... I'm still trying to get over that, ok?

2. yes. I am very stubborn. I can't help it... at least not right now. I'm trying to better myself ok?

3. I appreciate EVERYTHING. I made this thread in hopes that the shenanigans wouldn't pop up... and they did.

4. I'll take all the help and POSITIVITY I can get. I'm trying to make myself a better person, not be a dark spot on Atariage and the 7800 community. (And plus, this is my last official 7800 game, soooooo....)

Hi Ecerno

Checked the actual version. On my Concerto, it works...on Dragonfly...not. On my Emulator...not.

So I played on Concerto. You should explain the

SELECT...but I could start the game. Plays very well...but I cannot get some HEARTS and some places are damn hard to beat....but i see, your game gets better....keep on the great work.

I think, we would like to have you here....everybody makes faults....and you are young 😉

Greetings Walter

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rj1307 said:

@Ecernosoft, is it really that hard to correct a bug in your game?

disclaimer: ICT3 won't get dragonfly support.

I'm sorry. I tried. I did send a PM to @rj1307. I tried to figure it out, but I just couldn't. And with ICT3 also being my last Atari game, or my last mainstream, I'm 99% sure that's going to be permanent.

I'm not going to use that as an excuse to not put it in, but I don't have a dragonfly myself, so how would I test for sure? I have a concerto, hence why it works there.

I hope you'll understand. Thank you.

Edited by Ecernosoft

4 hours ago, gambler172 said:

Hi Ecerno

Checked the actual version. On my Concerto, it works...on Dragonfly...not. On my Emulator...not.

So I played on Concerto. You should explain the

SELECT...but I could start the game. Plays very well...but I cannot get some HEARTS and some places are damn hard to beat....but i see, your game gets better....keep on the great work.

I think, we would like to have you here....everybody makes faults....and you are young 😉

Greetings Walter

Heya.

Thanks for the report... but I do want to say,

ICT3 won't be getting dragonfly support. I'm smart enough to make an Atari game, but not enough to do it on dragonfly. I tried for you guys.

Also, @gambler172, hit SELECT to choose a level. They go in this order:

Sunset A

Sunset B

Sunset C

Special stage (Finish a level with 30 coins or more)

Grand ledge A

Grand ledge B

Grand ledge C

Special stage (Finish a level with 35 coins or more)

Zeropage city A

Zeropgage city B

Zeropage city C

Special stage (Finish a level with 40 coins or more)

Aqua beach A

Aqua beach B

Aqua beach C <-- this is the out of water section

Special stage (Finish a level with 45 coins or more)

*Note: The badlands is currently WIP.*

I hope this helps. Also, you push a direction to start the game for those who haven't played it.

You can also hit select to move your cursor. 

In game, hit reset to stop the game and see a pascode you can enter to play again at a later time.

Does this help? Also, the special stages are for their respective zones. 

Also, some of the hearts (The ones at the tops of the buildings) are impossible to get. I will be fixing this, or they will be removed.

Edited by Ecernosoft

15 minutes ago, Ecernosoft said:

disclaimer: ICT3 won't get dragonfly support.

I'm sorry. I tried. I did send a PM to @rj1307. I tried to figure it out, but I just couldn't. And with ICT3 also being my last Atari game, or my last mainstream, I'm 99% sure that's going to be permanent.

I'm not going to use that as an excuse to not put it in, but I don't have a dragonfly myself, so how would I test for sure? I have a concerto, hence why it works there.

I hope you'll understand. Thank you.

Seriously??? You started a thread where you asked why it doesn't work, got a specific answer and still don't know? Do you really not understand that your game has a bug and it has nothing to do with DF? And correcting this error takes a few seconds in the hex editor?
Well, it's hard, everyone who wants to fix it themselves...  ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rj1307 said:

Seriously??? You started a thread where you asked why it doesn't work, got a specific answer and still don't know? Do you really not understand that your game has a bug and it has nothing to do with DF? And correcting this error takes a few seconds in the hex editor?
Well, it's hard, everyone who wants to fix it themselves...  ;)

@rj1307 I'm sorry, ok? Please, I made this thread in hopes that the drama wouldn't follow it.....

And also, WUT?????

image.png.6ad7d02b1b22ce8834f9586fdd33badd.png

SHOW ME DA WAE!!!!!! (please)

especially if I'm that dumb to not know it would take a few seconds ;) or that I got an answer on the other thread =| 

Edited by Ecernosoft

3 hours ago, Trebor said:

Plz god tell me I didn't say that, but.... ok

Edit: I looked..... and... I still can't figure it out.

Was it to do with the header? It was something with removing Pokey@450 right?

Edit: Happy thanksgiving by the way!

Edited by Ecernosoft

15 minutes ago, Ecernosoft said:

Plz god tell me I didn't say that, but.... ok

Edit: I just looked and also, was it in the PM? if It was I'm sorry for being stupid. otherwise..... help please

Linked: 

Captured:

image.thumb.png.58fc1bb186b792ef53d48656d29fac50.png

Quoted:

The rom is unsigned, so it will only run on PAL units, or flash carts and emulators that bypass the encryption check. If you run 7800sign to try and sign the rom, this is the output:

Read $C000 bytes of cartridge data.
Cartridge reset vector points outside hashed area!

Checking with a hex editor... it seems the reset vector is $4000, while the encryption hash byte is $87, which is instructing the bios to check the signature from $8000-$FFFF. This isn't a valid config.

Changing the encryption hash byte to $47 ($4000-$FFFF) allows the cart to be signed.

• Like 3

LINK: 

CAPTURED below:

image.thumb.png.58fc1bb186b792ef53d48656d29fac50.png

The same, QUOTED below:

image.png

OH

So, it's the $87 here:

image.png.f61045962e7e33c10c948809521039b8.png

What should I change it to?

The ROM does boot at $4000.... (duh)

This code worked on my concerto so i'd never know, I didn't really know what the $87 did in the first place honestly.

Edit: Here's a new ROM with the new $47 byte:

ICT3_V18.0 (2).a; Source code WITH $47 BYTE

ICT3_V18.0 (3).a78; Also has new $47

Hope this works....

image.png.1bc82d846bf6a41edc1c971e5213e526.png; <-- new code

Edited by Ecernosoft

1 minute ago, Ecernosoft said:

OH

So, it's the $87 here:

image.png.f61045962e7e33c10c948809521039b8.png

What should I change it to?

The ROM does boot at $4000.... edit: WHY DID I SAY THIS, OF COURSE IT DOES LOL 🤣

This code worked on my concerto so i'd never know, I didn't really know what the $87 did in the first place honestly.

Checking with a hex editor... it seems the reset vector is $4000, while the encryption hash byte is $87, which is instructing the bios to check the signature from $8000-$FFFF. This isn't a valid config.

Changing the encryption hash byte to $47 ($4000-$FFFF) allows the cart to be signed.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gambler172 said:

Hi Ecerno

Thanks for the Explanation....it helps a lot.

Yep!!!

You are welcome @gambler172. Hope this helps.

And if you can, would you help me with game design?

I also released a *NEW VERSION* replacing the $87 byte with a $47 at location $FFF9 (I think that's what everyone's been complaining about and why it doesn't work on dragonfly) 

You guys seem to be smarter than me on this.

image.png.df7b9ac3baf7f9a9e2dcab2f6adbe6ff.png

Well... you guys are smarter than I am. Thanks for telling me that.

Also, what's the difference between the new 18.5 version and the "fixed" version? Is that to do with the $47 replacing the $87? Because the 18.5 version SHOULD DO that... and if it doesn't I'll make ANOTHER 18.5.

Edit: I just did. 

Also, what else do I need to do? I am open to advice. 

Edited by Ecernosoft