IGNORED

2 NEW BOOKS FOR THE ATARI 8-BIT XL/XE

ac.tomo

All you ATARIANS out there, you long term sufferers, amateurs and especially you retro-newbies there are 2 new books coming out for the 8-BIT XL/XE ATARI models. One of them is a revised and re-released "COMPLETE & ESSENTIAL MAP" describing all of the memory locations within these models AND has 43 appendix' explaining loads of programming subjects, a must for all ATARIANS, here's the AMAZON link:
Alternatively you can search "C&EM".
The 2nd book I'm trying to keep quiet about its contents at the moment, but be assured that it will be a completely new and never released before book with a THOROUGH explanation of everything within it regarding the subjects it explains. I will notify you when this book becomes available, but at the moment it's probably going to take a few more months.
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Just in time for Xmas. 👌 I noticed that the Amazon site doesn't show much of the contents. Can you provide a table of contents? I'd like to know what it contains as well as how it will provide current developers with additional information than what currently exists. For example, I already have Mapping the Atari and De Re Atari. What addition info can I expect from your book?

If you have a copy of MAPPING - REVISED then you won't necessarily need a copy of this book because the MAP section has about 90% information the same as MAPPING (this book originally used MAPPING as the main source of material), although mine does have more information and more BASIC programs in the MAP section, with a lot of corrected and added material. In MAPPING there was 19 appendix', in mine there are 43, explaining many more subjects including making your own handlers and writing your own BASIC commands (which I didn't finish in the original print of this book).

One of the reasons why I have re-published this book was because of the call I've seen on the ATARIAGE forums, so for the amateurs and retro-newbies then this book will be well worth the investment, if you do not have MAPPING - REVISED or my original C&EM book and you are interested in programming on the ATARI then this book is a necessity.

Another reason why I re-published this book was to give fellow ATARIANS something new to buy, a real book that you can have in front of you while programming whether it be on an emulator or the real hardware, instead of a digital copy open in another window.

It's also part of the celebration for ATARI' 50th anniversary.

Edited by ac.tomo
  • Like 6

On 11/23/2022 at 10:17 AM, ac.tomo said:
All you ATARIANS out there, you long term sufferers, amateurs and especially you retro-newbies there are 2 new books coming out for the 8-BIT XL/XE ATARI models. One of them is a revised and re-released "COMPLETE & ESSENTIAL MAP" describing all of the memory locations within these models AND has 43 appendix' explaining loads of programming subjects, a must for all ATARIANS, here's the AMAZON link:
Alternatively you can search "C&EM".
The 2nd book I'm trying to keep quiet about its contents at the moment, but be assured that it will be a completely new and never released before book with a THOROUGH explanation of everything within it regarding the subjects it explains. I will notify you when this book becomes available, but at the moment it's probably going to take a few more months.

First book arrived last night... Looking forward to reading it.... When do we get to find out about the 2nd book?

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, robus said:

Is it really typeset in Comic Sans?!

I think, legally, you have to take a star off for the use of Comic Sans. 🤣

https://brandcraft.com/blog/overused-fonts-our-branding-agency-avoids/. Comic Sans.....number 1 (in that countdown voice)

15 hours ago, Justin Payne said:

https://brandcraft.com/blog/overused-fonts-our-branding-agency-avoids/. Comic Sans.....number 1 (in that countdown voice)

Not sure that article should be trusted, it called Times New Roman a sans-serif font… 

Having also been a default font in Word for many years, Times New Roman shouldn’t be your go-to sans serif option.

• Thanks 1

On 12/14/2022 at 10:29 PM, Justin Payne said:

Oh no! I was looking forward to reading this, but comic sans ??? 🤢🤣

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2023 at 11:03 AM, spookt said:

My copy of the book arrived today. Looks good, haven’t had time for a proper read but looking forward to digging in to it. 

Got my copy for Xmas. Sitting on my desk right here. Hoping to look through it soon as well.

It is amazing that today there are still books made about our amazing computers. I am really positively surprised that you took the time and efforts to make this book. Thank you!

Do you know how accurate the information on Amazon is, when it says that there will be no custom fees to be paid? Does this mean that when I actually order the book, that not suddenly the mailman tells me that there are custom fees to be paid?

I might order the book. It looks great (I am not having an issue with the font either, by the way!) and it's something that would be great next to my Mapping the Atari and my DE-RE-Atari (and more books). But I am currently pretty low on cash, so I do not want to have to pay custom fees. 

I hope you know more about that.

Schermafbeelding 2023-01-12 om 16.09.06.png

Hello Marius

2 hours ago, Marius said:

Schermafbeelding 2023-01-12 om 16.09.06.png

When I click on the link in the first posting, I get this:

image.png.798338748cf8e4d3a6c9a90617058b6a.png

Btw I ordered a part for my car in the UK on november 6th last year.  It arrived in the Netherlands on the 10th.  They wanted more information and sent me a letter on the 17th (not the 16th as I wrote before), which I received the 18th and answered on the 19th.  They looked at the information on the 30th.  The package was delivered on the 18th of december!  I don't know why, but the delivery guy didn't ask for money, although the bill mentioned a little over nine euro for taxes and customs clearance. 

Sincerely

Mathy