IGNORED

Donkey Kong Junior (Audio Edit)

Pat Brady

OK, I started this a long time ago, stopped after level one.

I reduced the volume of footsteps and climbing sfx, and changed the background music to be all in "pure" distortion settings.

I am attaching this as an IPS file, which I realize is not the norm on atariage, but is fairly common elsewhere. So you'll need an IPS utility (you can  choose one here; I use uips from cmdpack, which is open-source and cross-platform but is only distributed as source code). I have two different a78 files of the released Donkey Kong Junior (differing only in the header), and @KevinMos3's excellent graphics hack. This patch should work on any of those.

TIA can probably do better than this still, but that might require updating or replacing the audio driver code, which is outside the scope of what I did here (I only edited the audio data).

I'd like to eventually update the other levels, but no idea when I'll get around to that. Several other projects are higher priority.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...