IGNORED

Classic99 emulator to real TI994/a

syd michel

I have written an extended Basic program in a windows text editor (notepad) and imported it into Classic99 emulator using the excellent Paste feature.  The program runs on the emulator very well.  I would like to share it with my User Group, but most of them have real TI99's so I cant just email the text file.  I can save the program to an emulated 'floppy disk' and email the file, but what format and how do they get it onto their machines?  Any help would be apreciated.

On a stock machine, it's possible but tricky. If you are looking at bare consoles with TI BASIC, the cassette wav idea is probably easiest, but you won't be able to do it with Classic99 (it can't write the wav). There are standalone tools that can though.

If they can load a terminal emulator of some kind (ie: Telco, FastTerm), then you can save it as a FIAD (file). This has the XMODEM header on it so can be transferred from the PC via XModem.

The more modern add-ons are the simplest way. A CF7/MiniPEB will let you copy a disk image to a compact flash card for loading. The TIPI is even more full featured, and basically anything the PI can access can be loaded into the TI.

Other people will have other ideas!

5 hours ago, syd michel said:

I would like to share it with my User Group, but most of them have real TI99's

They may have ways to get internet stuff to their TI already ... why don't you ask them?

I know the problem well and compile my programs, create a module and load it to my FlashRom99 card (I don't have a FinalGROM yet). One day I will setup a serial line, a TIPI or ...

This is an interesting question, my StrangeCart cartridge (which hardly anyone has) is able to do this. I haven't really thought about this use case in the past, but if someone only has a bare console and wants to transfer TI Basic programs into it, my cartridge would help. It can't do that yet for extended basic programs, but is something I could add, although would require some effort from me due to differences how TI Basic and Extended Basic look for external devices.

• Like 1