IGNORED

TI99/4a Web Browser Emulator

Hwlngmad

I watched the most recent ARG episode where the fellas covered the TI99/4a.  In the episode (linked below) they talked about a web browser-based emulator.  The website for the emulator is http://js99er.net/#/.  Definitely give this a whirl as every game and/or program (if I am not mistaken) is at ones fingertips with it.  BTW, the video below has the steps in order to get to the software / games.  As the TI99/4a was my family's first home computer, definitely this helps scratch the nostalgia itch.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Hwlngmad said:

I watched the most recent ARG episode where the fellas covered the TI99/4a.  In the episode (linked below) they talked about a web browser-based emulator.  The website for the emulator is http://js99er.net/#/.  Definitely give this a whirl as every game and/or program (if I am not mistaken) is at ones fingertips with it.  BTW, the video below has the steps in order to get to the software / games.  As the TI99/4a was my family's first home computer, definitely this helps scratch the nostalgia itch.

Thanks for sharing, we have known of this emulator for many years and it's creator is an active participant of these ti99 forums. Welcome to these forums and may you re-enjoy your childhood memories here.

Edited by RickyDean
spelling
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RickyDean said:

Thanks for sharing, we have known of this emulator for many years and it's creator is an active participant of these ti99 forums. Welcome to these forums and may you re-enjoy your childhood memories here.

Heh, yeah, I figured it was probably well known, but thought I would take the chance of sharing as I thought it was too cool to not share in case it wasn't well known as it is a seemingly great way to experience an old machine.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, WhataKowinkydink said:

I don't know about JS99er but I seem to recall that Classic99 fell more into the "simulator" category - not to say that it isn't any good though - the 'paste-into' function is particularly useful :)

Classic99 hasn't been a "simulator" for over 20 years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1