IGNORED

New game by inufuto: Guntus

slydc

13 hours ago, slydc said:

Hi folks!

Seems that everybody missed the last Colecovision release called "Guntus" on October 27. It's a

fun Galaxian clone so go get it here: http://inufuto.web.fc2.com/8bit/guntus/#coleco

Have fun! ;)

Most AWESOME!

It is nice that the source is included so anyone gets to know how these games work.
I have spent days developing routines.  Coding has been real slow because no one teaches this anymore.
Sure, they teach the fundamentals but never how the puzzle was put together.

There are a only a handful of home brewers on youtube that make videos but they all seem to have given up.  There is one other amazing guy who goes by ChibiAkumas. He develops on like 10 different systems but none of them are Colecovision and his MSX1 work is kind of difficult to follow.

It would be great if all the others had their source included so I could increase my skills but all I could find was just a couple of them.

CC

Edited by Captain Cozmos

Are you not able to access his website? Direct link to the ROM, in case it works: http://inufuto.web.fc2.com/8bit/coleco/guntus.rom

Edit: Aha, my browser recommended me to block it because it comes from HTTP instead of HTTPS, and I suppose anything that ends with .ROM is considered naughty files.

Edited by carlsson

On 12/1/2022 at 1:13 PM, Captain Cozmos said:

Most AWESOME!

It is nice that the source is included so anyone gets to know how these games work.
I have spent days developing routines.  Coding has been real slow because no one teaches this anymore.
Sure, they teach the fundamentals but never how the puzzle was put together.

There are a only a handful of home brewers on youtube that make videos but they all seem to have given up.  There is one other amazing guy who goes by ChibiAkumas. He develops on like 10 different systems but none of them are Colecovision and his MSX1 work is kind of difficult to follow.

It would be great if all the others had their source included so I could increase my skills but all I could find was just a couple of them.

CC

Hi CC,

You should contact Amy Purple Bienvenu as she has done many homebrews, demos, and music/sounds for many other games.

And also, she developed many tools for programming on the CV. ;)

Hi again folks!

There is another homebrew that was released back in 2014 and the last update was 2 years ago called "Duelingtet" made by Dale Wick (aka hardhat).

Here's the small description of the game: A ColecoVision party game to fill shapes with cubes, dueling for points along the way.

But it's need to be assembled and programming/assembling for the CV isn't my cup of tea, so here's the link for anyone who can assemble it:

https://github.com/hardhat/duelingtet

;)

• Thanks 1