IGNORED

5200 OE HSC Challenge 12/2022 Battlezone

zylon

For December, we'll play the not quite finished, Battlezone, 5200 version, bugs and all. Play from defaults on real 5200 systems, using any period control you can make work. None give any advantage in this game. Flashcarts, sd loaders, and repros are to be the way to play, running the Rom below. You can tank me later ;)

Pics preferred, but not required, except for HSC wins and records.

Round ends when year does.

Current HSC record- Bust it for a bonus point!

Battlezone -
DensB68 515,000

Final scores-

48,000  zylon +11

31,000  DamonicFury +10

28,000  RB5200 +9

16,000  RangerG +8

14,000  Frozone212- DNC

Current standings- 

DamonicFury - 116

rubeon - 100

zylon - 74

RangerG - 74

jeremiahjt - 50

jetset - 40

mark griff - 35

Crazy Climber - 18

IICCEEMMAANN - 15

phuzaxeman - 11

RB5200 - 11

Cafeman - 9

SINGLE TOOTH - 8

jerry32 - 6

Battlezone.BIN

Edited by zylon

3 hours ago, Frozone212 said:

is that not allowed? You do realize I don't have a real 5200 right?

Literally the first post

For December, we'll play the not quite finished, Battlezone, 5200 version, bugs and all. Play from defaults on real 5200 systems, using any period control you can make work. None give any advantage in this game. Flashcarts, sd loaders, and repros are to be the way to play, running the Rom below. You can tank me later ;)

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

so you made a HSC for the 5200 that leaves out people that use emulation or those that can't afford the actual machine? I honestly don't think this is fair to the general public. But it is your HSC. Still, might want to reconsider the real atari rule or modify it.

regardless, I made a mistake coming here. Have fun with your competition

On 12/10/2022 at 1:33 AM, Frozone212 said:

so you made a HSC for the 5200 that leaves out people that use emulation or those that can't afford the actual machine? I honestly don't think this is fair to the general public. But it is your HSC. Still, might want to reconsider the real atari rule or modify it.

regardless, I made a mistake coming here. Have fun with your competition

There’s two 5200 HSC’s, one for original equipment only (title posts are marked with OE) and another where emulation is welcome (no OE in the post titles). The emulation-friendly HSC is on its traditional December break, but will be starting again in January.   Please feel free to come back and join in with season 17 then!

6 minutes ago, Frozone212 said:

I assume OE stands for original equipment?

I apologize for my conduct. best of luck

This mini-HSC is solely for those wanting to play 1980s' style, as you would have then. We play one game per month, from the era. For the OE faithful, it's the most level field possible. It's not to take away from the regular HSC, but to add a dimension. :) Anyone may play along, it just won't get HSC points or count.

On 12/11/2022 at 2:23 PM, zylon said:

Should be right after the holidays. I used to run that too. 

And you’re always welcome to run it again, should you want to.  🙂 

On 12/11/2022 at 2:21 PM, Frozone212 said:

I get it. When is season 17 btw?

Hmmm, I could get the first poll up on January 2nd (assuming I get game choices from the season 16 champ by then.)  We could then start playing the night of the 8th. 

Aw man, I did it again: I went and left the country for the rest of the month without taking my 5200 with me!  I need a travelling case for that thing.

It was 40 years ago when I opened my first 5200 on Christmas morning 1982, probably the same as more than a few people on this board.

No score from me this month, but a merry, merry Christmas to the OE gang 🎄

On 12/23/2022 at 11:52 AM, rubeon said:

Aw man, I did it again: I went and left the country for the rest of the month without taking my 5200 with me!  I need a travelling case for that thing.

It was 40 years ago when I opened my first 5200 on Christmas morning 1982, probably the same as more than a few people on this board.

No score from me this month, but a merry, merry Christmas to the OE gang 🎄

Hope you’re enjoying your travels!  

Wishing you a merry Christmas as well!  Rooting for you in next year’s OE tournament (but not so much that I’ll make it easy for you.) 😁

• Haha 1

2022 season in the OE world has come to an end, with DamonicFury securing another year's title, while I pulled off an 11th hour win in our final round. I almost didn't play that final session, lol. Once again, thanks to all who play, and keep the original stuff alive. We'll have at least one more such "what if" round this year as well.

48,000  zylon +11

31,000  DamonicFury +10

28,000  RB5200 +9

16,000  RangerG +8

14,000  Frozone212- DNC

Final standings- 

DamonicFury - 126  🏆

rubeon - 100

zylon - 85

RangerG - 82

jeremiahjt - 50

jetset - 40