IGNORED

Just got my Atari FujiNET!! (Does any emulation support FujiNET)

I am well late to the party, but am happy now.  Been waiting on a chance to get one of these for a long time.  

Thomas!  Dude.  You are awesome, as are the other developers.  I need to go read who.  

I was able to plug it into my 800XL, add wi-fi password and navigate my way to a game of Zork served right over the Internet in like 5 minutes!  It's even more impressive in real time on my own Atari!

For playing around, is there an emulation that runs on a Raspberry Pi that has FujiNET support built in?

For the last few years I've been way into my Apple ][ machines.  Looks like we are close to a solid Apple FujiNET device and I can't wait!  But, I'm really happy about being in the mood to grab the Atari and give it some love.  It's been lonely for a while.  YES!!  I used to have a full setup with disk drive and such.  That all got lost on a forced move and today I just have the XL and a 400.  The FujiNET is perfect because I can do all the stuff I want to on the Atari now, except read a floppy and I just don't need to do that.

Just want to say one more time just how impressive this device is.  I can't wait to write some BASIC and give that N: device a go.  Amazing!!

Edited by potatohead
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, potatohead said:

I am well late to the party, but am happy now.  Been waiting on a chance to get one of these for a long time.  

Thomas!  Dude.  You are awesome!

I was able to plug it into my 800XL, add wi-fi password and navigate my way to a game of Zork served right over the Internet in like 5 minutes!  It's even more impressive in real time on my own Atari!

For playing around, is there an emulation that runs on a Raspberry Pi that has FujiNET support built in?

For the last few years I've been way into my Apple ][ machines.  Looks like we are close to a solid Apple FujiNET device and I can't wait!  But, I'm really happy about being in the mood to grab the Atari and give it some love.  It's been lonely for a while.  YES!!  I used to have a full setup with disk drive and such.  That all got lost on a forced move and today I just have the XL and a 400.  The FujiNET is perfect because I can do all the stuff I want to on the Atari now, except read a floppy and I just don't need to do that.

Just want to say one more time just how impressive this device is.  I can't wait to write some BASIC and give that N: device a go.  Amazing!!

Thank you.

Short answer, yes, with a bit of a circuitous route.

You basically need to use the Windows ARM64 version of Altirra 4.x with WINE:

https://www.virtualdub.org/altirra.html

...and a copy of Fujinet-PC and the fujinet-emulator bridge:

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-pc

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-emulator-bridge

You can then connect the fujinet-emulator-bridge as a custom device in Altirra, and it will connect to Fujinet-PC.

-Thom

• Like 2