IGNORED

Want to program for lynx- don’t know where to start

Ecernosoft

Hello everyone!

As you (might not know), not only am I a big 7800 fan (Duh) but I am also a big lynx fan (somewhat Duh).

I understand the lynx is a complex machine but with no real VRAM (minus the frame buffer) or at least i don’t think so, it shouldn’t be too bad.

I do want to say I don’t think I’ll make an ICT this year or even next year as starting of 2023 I’m going back to modern machines (for the most part) in terms of programming.

Now, before you say “well Ecernosoft there’s a freaking tutorial on this website” I know. I’m just wondering if there are websites like 8bitdev.org which go into full detail on the system’s hardware and NOT the programming stuff (like game logic, how to code 6502, etc)

Thanks guys.

Edited by Ecernosoft

8 hours ago, Ecernosoft said:

Hello everyone!

As you (might not know), not only am I a big 7800 fan (Duh) but I am also a big lynx fan (somewhat Duh).

I understand the lynx is a complex machine but with no real VRAM (minus the frame buffer) or at least i don’t think so, it shouldn’t be too bad.

I do want to say I don’t think I’ll make an ICT this year or even next year as starting of 2023 I’m going back to modern machines (for the most part) in terms of programming.

Now, before you say “well Ecernosoft there’s a freaking tutorial on this website” I know. I’m just wondering if there are websites like 8bitdev.org which go into full detail on the system’s hardware and NOT the programming stuff (like game logic, how to code 6502, etc)

Thanks guys.

See my footer. There is a link to the Atari Lynx documentation. All that you need.