IGNORED

I'm giving in to madness and going for a full set of officially-released games

T.A.P.

I've had a Lynx since the early 90s, and over the years I've ended up with a good chunk of the library.

I was mostly content with what I have, although it seemed like every few years, I'd end up going back and getting a few games I'd passed on before, or I'd repurchase a game I had and had gotten rid of.

I'm at 60+ games now, and after ordering a few for my brother, I've finally snapped and decided to just get the last ones I was missing.

For those who have done it, what were your tough ones to find? For those who decided not to go for a set, how did you managed to talk yourself out of it? :P

Congratulations and welcome to the madness of collecting all 76 (or 71) depending on which ones you consider part of the full set.

Most of them are still available as new old stock here is Australia, so you shouldn't have TOO much trouble finding your missing ones.

Some of the harder ones to find for me were the following...

Ninja Gaiden (i'm still looking for a new sealed one)

Lemmings

Super Asteroids and Missile Command

BattleWheels

BattleZone 2000

It wasn't that hard to collect all 76, the real fight is finding all 76 NEW/Sealed in box, i'm only 4 or 5 off that and have them all in my watchlist of Ebay.

If you need help sourcing some titles, write down a list of all the missing titles and we'll help you source your missing ones.

Edited by WesleyrpgAust
spelling
  • Like 2

Here's what I'm missing from the list of 71 (I plan to get the others that make the 76 once I get these):

Desert Strike
Dinolympics
Double Dragon
European Soccer Challenge
Lemmings
NFL Football
Power Factor
Super Off Road
World Class Soccer

I'm going for complete copies, preferably new ones when I can, although that bit me on the butt recently when my new copy of Gordo arrived with a dreadful manual inside its shrinkwrapped box. 

I've sourced potential copies for all of those listed, except for Lemmings, which I figured was going to always end up as the toughest and most expensive to hunt down.

I was just never too into sports games, and sadly, all three of those soccer / football games are some of the most expensive ones for me to get. :(

• Like 1

The toughest ones for me to get so far were boxes for California Games, Hard Drivin', and ninja Gaiden. Xenophobe was tough too. Honestly those four all have rather shabby boxes that I would love to replace, but I'm guessing that wont happen.

I still wish I could get a small manual for California Games too. I just have the large one.

I also went out of my way to get curved lip versions of the early releases instead of the flat or ridged versions, just cause I like uniformity.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, T.A.P. said:

Desert Strike
Dinolympics
Double Dragon
Lemmings
NFL Football
Power Factor
Super Off Road
World Class Soccer

Desert Strike, Double Dragon and Super Off Road can be bought from Songbird Production's webstore. (about $89 US each)

Dino Olympics is $42.95 Aussie Dollars on ebay AU (Approx $29 US Dollars)

European Soccer Challenge is $57.95 Aussie Dollars on Ebay AU (Approx $39 US Dollars)

NFL Football is SOLD OUT but is usually around $30-$40 on Ebay AU (Approx $20-$30 US Dollars)

Power Factor is $37.95 Aussie dollars on Ebay AU (Approx $25 US Dollars)

World Class Soccer can be bought from Telegames UK for 29.99 UK Pounds Sterling (Approx $37 US Dollars)

Lemmings is the tough one, a loose cart shows up of ebay from time to time, there's a loose cart on ebay for 71.50 Euros (about $75 US) and there's a shabby box and manual on ebay US for $99 US Dollars!

Edited by WesleyrpgAust
added pricing
  • Like 1

I gave up on collecting them all and just grabbed the RetroHQ cart.

I did wind up buying Eye of the Beholder and Wyvern Tales though.

I think that's probably going to be my strategy moving forward with

the Lynx, just keep the already released games on ROM and support

and encourage the authors of new content by buying their products.

Win-win...  :)

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Blany said:

I've been trying to collect the full collection for years. Can't really afford the 'mint' factory sealed games but tend to go for good to very good condition. I'm up to around 65 boxed copies now.

Congrats on hitting 65, you're not too far away from the official 71 or 76 complete collection! Which titles are you missing?

Hey @DarkLord, how many are you up too?

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 11:41 PM, WesleyrpgAust said:

Congratulations and welcome to the madness of collecting all 76 (or 71) depending on which ones you consider part of the full set.

Which five games are you including for 76? I imagine you are including the later Telegames releases like Krazy Ace Miniature Golf, Fat Bobby, Hyperdrome, Bubble Trouble, and Raiden, but I am not sure.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jeremiahjt said:

Which five games are you including for 76? I imagine you are including the later Telegames releases like Krazy Ace Miniature Golf, Fat Bobby, Hyperdrome, Bubble Trouble, and Raiden, but I am not sure.

Yep that's the extra 5.

I often wonder whats the deal with Road Riot 4WD? Was that one finished but not released? Official box art and manual?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WesleyrpgAust said:

Yep that's the extra 5.

I often wonder whats the deal with Road Riot 4WD? Was that one finished but not released? Official box art and manual?

That one is neither finished nor ready for release. It’s just a single track, I think. No official box or manual.

$99 for any Lemmings box and manual seems reasonable to me. Unless you’re going to the Netherlands your odds of finding better seem pretty low. But then my own box is pretty gnarly.

EDIT: that box is in MUCH better shape than mine. It’s just crushed a little.

On 12/11/2022 at 1:38 AM, WesleyrpgAust said:

Congrats on hitting 65, you're not too far away from the official 71 or 76 complete collection! Which titles are you missing?

Hey @DarkLord, how many are you up too?

The usual rare ones:

Lemmings

Astroids/Missile Command

Dinolympics

Joust

Gordo 106

Ninja Gaiden

Crazy Ace Miniature Golf

Double Dragon

I seem to have collected lots of Prototype games along the way but I'd love a copy of Zaku.

If you need help sourcing the ones in Australia, let me know and i'll ship them off for you!

Don't forget that Telegames UK also has a ton of old stock, and is pretty cheap on some titles EVEN with shipping from the UK!

For example......Shadow of the beast in Oz is expensive, but it's cheap to buy from the UK.

Edited by WesleyrpgAust

I think i've mentioned this before but Desert Strike, Double Dragon and Super Off Road can be bought from Songbird Productions USA OR Telegames UK. (depending on shipping prices)

World Class Soccer is a Telegames UK one.

Power Factor is cheap and easy to find.

Lemmings is tough, but there's a few on Ebay as well speak.

On 12/15/2022 at 10:23 PM, T.A.P. said:

Just 6 to go, if everything pans out:

Desert Strike
Double Dragon
Lemmings
Power Factor
Super Off Road
World Class Soccer

After that, I'll finish off the other 4 Telegame releases (I already have Raiden).

My list of games is similar in number to yours, but not in value.  I just today bought a sealed Blue Lightning just for the box, so now I am down to four complete games and one box to finish off my collection.  A box for Gates of Zendocon and complete copies of Zarlor Mercenary, Jimmy Connors' Tennis, Malibu Bikini Volleyball, and Viking Child are nothing compared to Lemmings or Desert Strike, Double Dragon, and Super Off Road if you are looking at the original releases.  Now if you are fine with the new Telegames versions, then it gets a little better, but still pretty pricey.

I hope you can find those for less than the going rate.  Are you looking loose or complete?  *Edit-I see where you are going for complete or new.

I do not have any of those five late Telegames releases, but I can buy those from Telegames direct, or from Songbird.  Since none of those last games had full retail releases, I am fine buying whatever version I can.

Edited by jeremiahjt
Question already answered.

10 hours ago, jeremiahjt said:

A box for Gates of Zendocon and complete copies of Zarlor Mercenary, Jimmy Connors' Tennis, Malibu Bikini Volleyball, and Viking Child are nothing compared to Lemmings or Desert Strike, Double Dragon, and Super Off Road if you are looking at the original releases.

I was just looking around and Zarlor Mercenary is harder to find than it used to be.  I better pick one up before the prices go any higher.

6 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

I was just looking around and Zarlor Mercenary is harder to find than it used to be.  I better pick one up before the prices go any higher.

The price of Zarlor Mercenary is still quite decent here in Oz, however Battlezone 2000 is starting to get up there on price!

Edited by WesleyrpgAust
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, jeremiahjt said:

My list of games is similar in number to yours, but not in value.  I just today bought a sealed Blue Lightning just for the box, so now I am down to four complete games and one box to finish off my collection.  A box for Gates of Zendocon and complete copies of Zarlor Mercenary, Jimmy Connors' Tennis, Malibu Bikini Volleyball, and Viking Child are nothing compared to Lemmings or Desert Strike, Double Dragon, and Super Off Road if you are looking at the original releases.  Now if you are fine with the new Telegames versions, then it gets a little better, but still pretty pricey.

I hope you can find those for less than the going rate.  Are you looking loose or complete?  *Edit-I see where you are going for complete or new.

I do not have any of those five late Telegames releases, but I can buy those from Telegames direct, or from Songbird.  Since none of those last games had full retail releases, I am fine buying whatever version I can.

Thanks for the offer. 

I'm fine with Telegame reissues, since otherwise trying to find those games would take way too much money and time.

At this point, it's mostly just a matter of saving up the money to get those last games from Songbird and Telegames, or waiting for Lemmings to show up on ebay. 

Speaking of hard to find, anyone have a spare Hard Drivin' box? It's one of like, 5 games I have that I purchased used, and sadly, there is a giant 'USED' sticker on the front, covering most of the artwork.