IGNORED

I'm giving in to madness and going for a full set of officially-released games

T.A.P.

7 minutes ago, WesleyrpgAust said:

Hard Drivin' was one of the games i bought new, but only came with a cart and instructions.

I have no idea why there are SO many copies of this particular game missing a box.

I think it was one of the Pack-In games Atari offered with new Lynxes.

My Atari and a few of the other online stores sell new cart + manual copies of it, and a few other of the hard-to-find-boxed games, like ninja Gaiden that way (that's another game I purchased that way and then had to scrounge up a used, dinged up box for).

• Like 1

There's only a handful of Lynx games I had to purchase used, or otherwise cobble a complete copy together for:

Blue Lightning - I was looking specifically for a curved lip copy, so I purchased a used one to make sure that's what I got, altough it's getting tough to find a new one of this now anyway.
California Games - was sold as a pack-in game
Hard Drivin - was sold as a pack-in game
Ninja Gaiden - was sold as a pack-in game
War Birds
Xenophobe - this one has just always seemed hard to find for some reason

On 12/18/2022 at 11:52 AM, jeremiahjt said:

A box for Gates of Zendocon and complete copies of Zarlor Mercenary, Jimmy Connors' Tennis, Malibu Bikini Volleyball, and Viking Child

I do not know what I was thinking, but I completely forgot I needed Scrapyard Dog and a box and cartridge of Hockey too.  So I went ahead and ordered Zarlor Mercenary, Hockey, and Scrapyard Dog from Best Electronics.  After these come in and my Blue Lightning comes in, I will be down to needing Jimmy Connors' Tennis, Malibu Bikini Volleyball, Viking Child, and a box for Gates of Zendocon.  I will also need to bust open my slabbed European Soccer Challenge or find a cartridge and manual for it.

1 hour ago, jeremiahjt said:

I do not know what I was thinking, but I completely forgot I needed Scrapyard Dog and a box and cartridge of Hockey too.  So I went ahead and ordered Zarlor Mercenary, Hockey, and Scrapyard Dog from Best Electronics.  After these come in and my Blue Lightning comes in, I will be down to needing Jimmy Connors' Tennis, Malibu Bikini Volleyball, Viking Child, and a box for Gates of Zendocon.  I will also need to bust open my slabbed European Soccer Challenge or find a cartridge and manual for it.

Not many to go....looks like you've gotten all of the hard ones out of the way!

• Like 1

Seeing you guys trying to complete your collections has made me re-evaluate my collection and i've decided to try to fully finish my set as well.

I have all 76 titles but am missing the following bits a pieces to make it a complete set.

Checkered Flag - Box and Manual. (not too fussed about this one as i've found a source for new sealed copies, thanks T.A.P)

Hard Drivin' - Just need a box (happy for a reproduction box, if anyone makes one)

Lemmings - Have a complete set, but have a spare cartridge so a second manual and box wouldn't hurt.

Ninja Gaiden - Need box and manual, this title also shows up as new from time to time.

and finally

Xenophobe - Need box and manual, not super rare, but box is usually tatty on ebay.

On 12/19/2022 at 5:22 AM, T.A.P. said:

Speaking of hard to find, anyone have a spare Hard Drivin' box? It's one of like, 5 games I have that I purchased used, and sadly, there is a giant 'USED' sticker on the front, covering most of the artwork.

Good condition boxed copies of Hard Drivin seem to be difficult to find, it took me a while to find one.

In case you wasn't aware there are reissues of Super Off Road, Desert Strike, and Double Dragon (released in 2018). It's hard to find the originals vs the reissues (the main difference is the cart labels), and it's even harder to find original glossy manuals for those 3 since Telegames UK started selling cheap photocopied versions once they ran out.

If you are able to fine loose copies or copies with poor condition boxes of any of those you could always ask Telegames UK if you could purchase "new" empty boxes for them.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2022 at 6:24 PM, WesleyrpgAust said:

Seeing you guys trying to complete your collections has made me re-evaluate my collection and i've decided to try to fully finish my set as well.

I have all 76 titles but am missing the following bits a pieces to make it a complete set.

Checkered Flag - Box and Manual. (not too fussed about this one as i've found a source for new sealed copies, thanks T.A.P)

Hard Drivin' - Just need a box (happy for a reproduction box, if anyone makes one)

Lemmings - Have a complete set, but have a spare cartridge so a second manual and box wouldn't hurt.

Ninja Gaiden - Need box and manual, this title also shows up as new from time to time.

and finally

Xenophobe - Need box and manual, not super rare, but box is usually tatty on ebay.

Guys and Gals, guess what?

I officially completed my collection today! Well the original '76' anyways! I've had all the games for a while, was just missing a couple of manuals and boxes to complete it!

It's been bugging me for weeks, so i finally sourced a new copy of Checkered Flag (thanks TAP), a complete Xenophobe in great shape, Ninja Gaiden complete in reasonable shape, and today i saw the last piece of the puzzle "a complete Hard Drivin' in the box" i had to convince the guy to separate it from the Lynx set he was selling, but he was handsomely rewarded.

I paid WAY too much for these final four. but wanted it done...

I have a lonesome Lemmings cart that needs a box and manual to go with it's complete Lemmings brother, but as it stands i'm done....until i start looking for a Zaku and other Lynx homebrew!

Now just need to wait for them all to arrive in the post!

4 hours ago, Ninjabba said:

Congratulations, must feel satisfying to have all of them boxed! I truly regret getting rid of them back in the days..

It was exhausting trying to find the last few pieces in the puzzle!

Checkered Flag can be bought as new old stock but it was almost impossible to find Ninja Gaiden, Xenophobe, Lemmings and especially Hard Drivin' in reasonable complete shape!

I guess repro boxes are out of the question? :D

Since I have very limited space in my house for my hobbies I don't bother with Lynx games, but I collect my Game&Watch games and get repro boxes/manuals. Its crazy to find a decent box from the early 80s, though I do have a few.

5 minutes ago, Ninjabba said:

I guess repro boxes are out of the question? :D

Since I have very limited space in my house for my hobbies I don't bother with Lynx games, but I collect my Game&Watch games and get repro boxes/manuals. Its crazy to find a decent box from the early 80s, though I do have a few.

I didn't know anyone who makes repo boxes! All genuine as far as i know!

• 4 weeks later...

A new Checkered Flag was the final piece of the puzzle to arrive in the mail today all the way from the US of A.

A special shout out to Lance from AtariSales, he was amazingly accommodating shipping me a new Checkered Flag!

Oh and also a big thanks to @T.A.P. put keeping an eye out for the missing titles!

I'll still be on the lookout for a new Ninja Gaiden, Lemmings, Xenophobe and Hard Drivin' but at that stage i'd like to say i've completed the set!

Edited by WesleyrpgAust
spelling

Seeing this pop back up made me buy a box for Gates of Zendocon.  So now I will just need everything for Jimmy Connors' Tennis, Malibu Bikini Volleyball, and Viking Child.  I just made an order from Best Electronics two days ago, but I bought three XE games I needed (Ballblazer, Barnyard Blaster, and Food Fight for anybody curious).  I almost bought the Lynx games instead, but I figured the XE games had lower stock than the Lynx games.

I think I might be ready to crack open my slabbed European Soccer Challenge. I look for that one on eBay occasionally, and it hardly ever shows up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeremiahjt said:

Jimmy Connors' Tennis, Malibu Bikini Volleyball, and Viking Child, European Soccer Challenge

Make friends with someone in Australia! Those titles are easily available here!

Or if you prefer i see all of those titles at Atari Sales, with the only one being a little pricey is European Soccer Challenge.

http://www.atarisales.com/lynx.html

European Soccer Challenge can also be had from Telegames in the UK for about $48 US (plus shipping)

http://www.telegames.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=5272

Edited by WesleyrpgAust
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2023 at 9:14 PM, WesleyrpgAust said:

Make friends with someone in Australia! Those titles are easily available here!

Or if you prefer i see all of those titles at Atari Sales, with the only one being a little pricey is European Soccer Challenge.

http://www.atarisales.com/lynx.html

European Soccer Challenge can also be had from Telegames in the UK for about $48 US (plus shipping)

http://www.telegames.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=5272

I know I can get those all cheap, but my last spending went to the XE.  Next time I will probably finish off the Lynx.  @T.A.P. sent me links to each one on eBay from MyAtari for the exact same price (or within cents at least) as Best Electronics sells them for, and I might go that route one at a time.  If I order from Best Electronics I am usually going to order three things at once.  I do miss buying from MyAtari through their website, but if eBay is the only option, then that is where you go.  The Gates of Zendocon box I just bought was actually from MyAtari.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I also found a BOXED Hard Drivin' for the Lynx on ebay if anyone wants it!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/204272266618

Hard Drivin' isn't particularly rare, but the Boxed version is!

EDIT.......the BOX has been butchered......i WOULDN'T bid on this.

Edited by WesleyrpgAust
Butchered box
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...