IGNORED

Season 13 ~ Week 18 ~ Paddle Week 2

Vocelli

Improvement on Demons to Diamonds. This is one that I'm enjoying more and getting into the nuances of it. In some ways it's actually quite original for the time, especially with the dynamic of needing to shoot some things and not others (rather than the "blast everything you can" dynamic which was the norm at the time. It adds an element of strategy that in some ways makes the choice to present this as a "designed for children" game a bit odd. It's great fun though, and I'll definitely try to play more before the weeks out.

Anyway, that's enough from me. Here's a new score :

Demons to Diamonds (1982) (Atari)_2.png

• Like 3

Demons to Diamonds: Rollage

I found it best to play this game in a very patient and methodical manner, especially as you get to the more challenging rounds.  Early in the round, the key is to see where the skulls initially spawn.  I may not fire at all and just focus on avoiding their fire and positioning myself in a spot where all the moving skulls are moving away from me.  At that point, I'll take one carefully aimed shot at one of the red demons and will only attempt to shoot the resulting diamond if I have a clear shot.  Rapidly firing at everything that looks like a good target can lead to a full screen of skulls.

image.png.3a33362acfbe937cb2404338d49feb9d.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Done it - Demons to diamonds rollage :)

I have got to the point where I can consistently get to about 7k  on my first life. But the difficulty from about 8,500 is just ridiculous. At that point, I am very much just moving around trying to stay alive and shoot things on the bottom couple of rows, and any success or otherwise at that point feels more like a matter of chance than anything else. Of course it doesn't help that at the point where I knew rollage was close, I was keeping half an eye on the score and one hand on f12 for a screenshot, and the distraction caused a couple of deaths in the 9,500 range. I also had a game where I hit 9,800 and then lost my last life trying to get a screenshot. I know that would have counted as rollage, but wanted to do it properly  

Anyway, that's enough of me boring everyone with details of how I got to rollage. Here's a (rolled over :) ) score :

Demons to Diamonds (1982) (Atari)_10.png

Demons to Diamonds (1982) (Atari)_11.png

• Like 3

Well, given this game was apparently designed for people in the 6-12 yr old range, my 6yr old daughter wanted to have a go and see if she could beat the grown ups. I think that it is a bit too hard for children, as my daughter kept shooting pink demons by mistake and ending up witha secreen full of skulls very quickly. Still, she had a go and asked me to post her score, so here is an effort from Izzywizzy

Demons to Diamonds (1982) (Atari)_12.png

Edited by Jasonhrb
  • Like 4