IGNORED

Formatting options removed?

DZ-Jay

Hello:

I just recently noticed that a lot of the buttons in the tool-bar of a new post have been removed, which limits severely the formatting options of posts.  Is this by design?  Will they come back?

Specifically, I noticed that the following buttons have been removed:

• Font selector
  • Indent
  • Insert image

I personally use the font selector in combination with the font size and color to create "headings" in announcements post, for the sake of visual clarity.  I also use the indent rather extensively to indent in-line images in order to separate them from the textual flow and make long posts easier to follow -- especially those with photos and or screenshots.

I really hope these come back soon.

-dZ.

I've added all the icons back to the toolbar for all three modes (desktop, tablet, mobile), and probably some that weren't there before. 

There is no longer an "Insert Image" icon, I think that was removed some time ago.  Instead, you can add an image the following ways:

• Simply drag and drop the image into the editor or to the "Drag files here to attach" bar.
  • You can "Copy" an image and then "Paste" it directly into the editor.
  • Click on the "choose files..." link in the editor, then you can click on the thumbnail to add it to your post.

For all of the above, you'll want to first position the cursor where you want the image to appear.  You can also drag around the image after the fact.

..Al

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Albert said:

I've added all the icons back to the toolbar for all three modes (desktop, tablet, mobile), and probably some that weren't there before. 

There is no longer an "Insert Image" icon, I think that was removed some time ago.  Instead, you can add an image the following ways:

• Simply drag and drop the image into the editor or to the "Drag files here to attach" bar.
  • You can "Copy" an image and then "Paste" it directly into the editor.
  • Click on the "choose files..." link in the editor, then you can click on the thumbnail to add it to your post.

For all of the above, you'll want to first position the cursor where you want the image to appear.  You can also drag around the image after the fact.

..Al

Thanks, @Albert, that's great!  Yes, I've been adding images by drag-and-drop for a while now.  :)

Now ... if only the ability to edit a post lasted more than a few minutes ... :ponder:

-dZ.