IGNORED

Silly Venture 2022 (Winter Edition)

MrFish

3 minutes ago, solo/ng said:

They are last to say, when 90% of their effects novadays are decompressed animations (and im fine with that also). We can drop 64kb statue part version and talk with with them again;).

Haha true… 😉

i am more interested in the 3d env mapped parts… 🙂

well when coding for 7800 or SNES and d-zero I used esp on the SNES the what? 2 mega byte ROM cart… on a 128kb ram machine with VRAM PPU… so same there… 😉

Edited by Heaven/TQA

On 12/15/2022 at 7:44 PM, Heaven/TQA said:

Haha true… 😉

i am more interested in the 3d env mapped parts… 🙂

well when coding for 7800 or SNES and d-zero I used esp on the SNES the what? 2 mega byte ROM cart… on a 128kb ram machine with VRAM PPU… so same there… 😉

still why you bashing the 1MB? At last we bring something fully new and fresh (~<0.5MB version on the move anyway). You picked up few parts (without any code changes) from Arsantica and dropped is as new demo on compo. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, solo/ng said:

still why you bashing the 1MB? At last we bring something fully new and fresh (~<0.5MB version on the move anyway). You picked up few parts (without any code changes) from Arsantica and dropped is as new demo on compo. 

Totally cool that you make use of the RAM the extensions are providing. I think that's the reason why we (all) have installed them, to make use of them.

For me as a single coder it is hard to get all the knowledge, but slowly I am getting better and better... 

Edited by pps
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 1:21 AM, solo/ng said:

Nah. Wrong. I did not bashed anything. That was not my intention. Me likes the demo esp. the 3d parts. Don’t get me wrong here 🙂

That’s why I mentioned the 7800 and the SNES where I use large ROM as well 😉 for speed code and data.

sorry if if I was not mentioning it better. Apologies.

the old released parts was an idea to support SV and Grey pushed me regarding Arsantica prototype e.g. 🙂

Edited by Heaven/TQA
  • Like 2

On 12/16/2022 at 2:42 PM, Saint (Swiety) said:

Statue working at standard 64k machine at attachment ;) Its possible , but ENV map is 4 x smaller ;)

What would you like to know about ENV part ?

!statue64k.xex 9.79 kB · 26 downloads

Swiety...

I should ask you by Oswald of Resource... 

how large is env map, how many bits do you use in the 3d part (8bit,16bit or 32bit?) and readme says "multi env map"... what is that exactly?

• 5 months later...

Unfortunately, the video is no longer available. I removed it because some guy didn't like the fact that his name was being dropped during Slawek Losowski's CD signing. As if it mattered in an almost 3-hour video of a niche event, on a channel that has 230 subscribers, which probably won't even be watched in its entirety by any of the participants, let alone anyone else. And already noticing that the name fell somewhere in the background during the general noise could probably only the person concerned himself. My SV videos have an average of a little over 200 views. I have no idea what purpose such behavior is supposed to serve. The only thing that comes to mind is the desire to feel like someone important, having an impact on reality.
I don't know if the video will come back. Its rendering in 4K took my not-so-powerful PC more than 24hrs of continuous work. Uploading it to YouTube another 12h and more than 24h waiting for YouTube to process it in all resolutions. I don't know if I can find the time to do it again. And after all, there is no guarantee that someone else will not like something in it again

Edited by Paptak
  • Sad 2

If it was the signed name, maybe blur it out, although it's weird to sign a name on something for display then complain you don't want it displayed. If audio, just beep or overdub the name, pick something like 'insignificant' as the overdub word for covering the name. You can also consider the event is always recorded in some fashion and everyone knows it, but what do any of us know. If it isn't in the sing in/up already, make sure next year there is a checkbox about video and audio, opt out etc...