IGNORED

onEscape - game

Poison

1 minute ago, Mr.Bacardi said:

Many thanks! :)

What are the requirements for real HW? Luckily I still have 1 empty AtariMax flash cart available so I can try out, but are there any plans to release ATR?

atr is not planned, the requirements are Atari 64kb and stereo upgrade and for example AVG cart.

• Like 1

I had a couple lockups in Altirra.

Base system:  NTSC 800XL (576K Compy)
Additional Devices:  Host device (H:), Printer (P:)
OS Firmware:  Atari XL/XE OS ver.3 [29F133F7]
Mounted Images:  Cartridge: onEscape (7.12. 2022).rom [8749E762]

It froze once when I attempted to bypass the Intro, and once when I tried to bypass the title credits. I think I was in PAL mode on the first freeze.

[Edit]

I got a black screen the first time it froze; so, I guess it was in transition to the title screen.

I can't remember if it got that far on the second freeze or not.

I didn't think of saving a state file at those times; but I can next time it happens -- if that's useful.

Edited by MrFish

It's been more than 10 years that I programmed my 8MBit atarimax cart - can someone provide me an ATR image with the onEscape ROM on it that can be used to program the atarimax cart ?!?   (My atarimax 8Mbit cart. has a black case, so I think it is the older version.)

17 minutes ago, CharlieChaplin said:

It's been more than 10 years that I programmed my 8MBit atarimax cart - can someone provide me an ATR image with the onEscape ROM on it that can be used to program the atarimax cart ?!?

Do you have the Maxflash programmer and the software? You can take the ROM file above, run it in Alirra as a maxflash cart, then using the "Save firmware" option save the rom as a raw BIN file and use that bin in the Atarimax software to program it to an 8Mbit maxflash cart.

Edited by Beeblebrox

5 minutes ago, CharlieChaplin said:

I do not have the programmer to program the cart directly, so I will need an ATR image to do it. Alas, I do not remember how to create an ATR image with the ROM using the atarimax software (atarimax programming studio or whatever it was called).

Here ya go then. I used The Atarimax studio to convert the BIN I created in Altirra from the original ROM file to an ATR. Hope it works? :)

OnEscape.atr

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, pseudografx said:

It should not matter. Anyway, here is the appropriate .car file.

onEscape (7.12. 2022).car 1 MB · 10 downloads

Thanks for providing the bin file. I also appreciate knowing that both Atarimax 1MB types work. I had to change the mapping value to the old type. My Ultimate  Cart only recognizes the old value. 

Bob C

@Poison Fantastic work. Really enhances the game. So impressed with the collective effort in creating this game. (Gameplay, atmosphere, visuals, music). Thanks for releasing the music OST. :) 

BTW at the start alongside the obvious visual nod to Blade Runner's intro graphics and title credits, I like the initial musical nod to the film's epic cityscape intro track as the credits appear.

I would obsolutely love to see an enhanced (Vinscool RMT tracker?) version of that very same intro track recreated on A8's Pokey someday, (mono or stereo). The synth effect I am sure is possible to recreate to a degree.

Edited by Beeblebrox

1 hour ago, Beeblebrox said:

@Poison Fantastic work. Really enhances the game. So impressed with the collective effort in creating this game. (Gameplay, atmosphere, visuals, music). Thanks for releasing the music OST. :) 

BTW at the start alongside the obvious visual nod to Blade Runner's intro graphics and title credits, I like the initial musical nod to the film's epic cityscape intro track as the credits appear.

I would obsolutely love to see an enhanced (Vinscool RMT tracker?) version of that very same intro track recreated on A8's Pokey someday, (mono or stereo). The synth effect I am sure is possible to recreate to a degree.

Thank you :) try this one, it is complette new rearangement of VGL Blade Runner endtitle music :)

End Of The Game (Final Titles) | POISON6502 (bandcamp.com)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Poison said:

Thank you :) try this one, it is complette new rearangement of VGL Blade Runner endtitle music :)

End Of The Game (Final Titles) | POISON6502 (bandcamp.com)

Niiiice! Thanks - very good rendition of that classic track. That's going straight into my SIDE3's music folder for sure! :)

I've always wanted to hear one of my Fav BR OST tracks - Blade Runner Blues -  on the A8 with the iconic synth sound of that track as close to the original as possible. Now there is a challenge. ;)

• Like 1