IGNORED

Wifi6 + Bluetooth 5.3 upgrade NGFF M.2

digitalbilly

Since AtariOS is Linux, so it depends.   Support for that device -MAY- be in Kernel 5.10, but I am not sure what version kernel AtariOS runs by default.  It's based on Apertis v2021 which is built off Debian 10.12, I am not sure if that was Kernel 4.x when it came out.  I am busy for much of today but I can try and find out later (UK time) when I get home, unless someone else can find out in the meantime.

On 12/13/2022 at 3:07 PM, digitalbilly said:

doing more research theres more versions of this wifi card maybe AX411 is the way to go latest version?

Should be possible to figure out the Linux kernel version in AtariOS by mounting the partition up in Linux, and looking at the version installed via dpkg.  Kind of surprised if AtariOS hasn't updated to Debian 11... I mean in the next few months they're going to be going to 'freeze' for the eventual release of Debian 12.  Then again I guess that would need to be Apertis...

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, zzip said:

Even if it's supported by Linux,  there's always the chance they didn't include unnecessary hardware modules to save space.   You won't know unless you try

Yup, which is why I gave it a shot.  It seems likely that the base driver is there, and likely just missing the firmware blob.  I say this as the way it acted like Wifi / Bluetooth was there, but it couldn't find any devices.

13 hours ago, leech said:

Yup, which is why I gave it a shot.  It seems likely that the base driver is there, and likely just missing the firmware blob.  I say this as the way it acted like Wifi / Bluetooth was there, but it couldn't find any devices.

It could be something as simple as while the kernel has the drivers,  they have wifi setup scripts  in place that are looking for the expected adapter and not something else.