IGNORED

My Xbox 360 Original only plays some discs

dudeguy

I tried multiple 360 game discs, an Xbox original game disc, a laser lens cleaner, a music CD, and a movie DVD. of those, the only things that worked were the laser lens cleaner disc, and the movie DVD (barely.) Is there a permanent-ish fix for this or is it like other old consoles with optical drives where you can breathe a bit of life into it by adjusting the pot but eventually it'll die completely and you cant buy a new laser assembly for it since they dont make them?

• 6 months later...

I know this is an older post but sounds like the disk drive isn’t oem to the console like the dvd key doesn’t match. It’s fixable 2 different ways. 1 replace the board in dvd drive with original board from old drive or temporarily jtag to dump the nand to extract your key vault and then mod the dvd key vault with hex editor or a key vault program and make a custom flash cable with a toggle switch inline. After the dump you can un jtag by flashing original nand and pull the temp soldered parts . If your dash is updated past jtag point can still be done with the reset glitch hack chip. Not sure if they’re still available but I got a spare. You do ether need a nand x usb programmer or a parallel port pc but parallel port way takes an extra hour or so to do the jtag process. You can also jtag to install a dev kit nand and modify games during in game play but that’s a little more complicated. That’s what one looks like under the dvd drive. It could also be a bad laser in drive. There’s 4 types for the fat consoles and the type has to match the original and the board in drive has to be swapped for the old or flashed with above process. I do have info on the custom flash cable as I used to repair these with a higher success rate than game stop did. I only ever had a few with 3 red lights of death that had the bad xclamp fix that I couldn’t repair due to the shady past fix. With the console tag near the tv hookup on back I can tell you which dvd drive supposed to be in it. 

image.jpg