IGNORED

Opening a rare 40 year old sealed game

Have you ever wanted to buy a Rare & sealed 40 year old jem of a game... and then open it?

I think about it when i see super rare games like this one. (I did not win this one fyi) but, If i was going to do it, i would post the video to Youtube to see the reaction of such blasphemy. Can you imagine the yelling & hate?? Lol.

What other rare games would you like to be the first to open from its early 80s shrinkwrap?

Screenshot_20221219-154440_eBay.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Have you ever wanted to buy a Rare & sealed 40 year old jem of a game... and then open it?

I think about it when i see super rare games like this one. (I did not win this one fyi) but, If i was going to do it, i would post the video to Youtube to see the reaction of such blasphemy. Can you imagine the yelling & hate?? Lol.

What other rare games would you like to be the first to open from its early 80s shrinkwrap?

Screenshot_20221219-154440_eBay.jpg

I believe I did that to that very game 20 years ago,before the LTO Flash was around because I wanted to play the game.

Still,no regrets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I open everything since I prefer to play them on original hardware and I don't re-sale the things I keep for my personal collection. But for something that rare, I'd try to find someone that collects sealed copies first and see if I can't get a good opened copy in return plus a little extra. Make all the different versions of collector happy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Papa Pete said:

I opened a sealed Space Hawk in a video courtesy of The Intellivision Collector.  Not exactly a rarity, but a 40 year old gem, nonetheless.  

https://youtu.be/Vq_eW5UJJ6o

You should make a "Open Sealed Game" segment on your show Pete! Im sure collectors would contribute games. That would be intertaining. ....Mmmmmm! Smell that 80's Air!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gunoz said:

My dad builds heat sealing machines that can be used for simulation purposes, so no actual 40 year old sealed games need to be sacrificed 😁

Thats pretty dishonest.

I dont think we need to go there.

I have about a hundred sealed games (all on accident believe it or not..lol). Some have crushed boxes and i wouldnt mind donating them for the cause. I dont think we need to open any rare games, unless Pete wants to do a Special Live Stream or something..lol. I believe a few live openings would raise the number of watchers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, gunoz said:

My comment was intended as a joke, my apologies if that wasn't clear.

Ok... Its just that people actually do that sometimes. Ive received games before that i paid alot for because they were factory sealed. A couple times i opened them to find used games and ratty manuals. Its not a good feeling. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2023 at 9:18 PM, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Ok... Its just that people actually do that sometimes. Ive received games before that i paid alot for because they were factory sealed. A couple times i opened them to find used games and ratty manuals. Its not a good feeling. 

That's why I never go after sealed games.  

It could be a piece of wood in the box. 

On 12/19/2022 at 2:06 PM, wolfy62 said:

I believe I did that to that very game 20 years ago,before the LTO Flash was around because I wanted to play the game.

Still,no regrets.

That seems about right for the timeframe when I did it. Could have been 22-23, but no earlier, based on where I remember living at the time.

• Like 1