IGNORED

T-DOS and BASIC

mr_gw454

Hello everyone,

Been spending time trying to find a version of BASIC that will work under T-DOS and not having any luck.  They all begin to load and then just lock the system up.  My preferred environment is using an IDE controller with the NIAD v2.3 - 100Mb (Dual) CF Card images.  I have tried booting T-DOS from FujiNet as well, but same results when trying to load multiple versions of MS BASIC.

I believe these BASIC's are compatible with CP/M, however, I don't know of any CP/M version that will work from an IDE HDD system.

Thanks for anyone who can help!

I’ll have a look through the NIAD CP/M PD Volumes when I get a chance to see if any of the versions of Basic available on them will work with T-DOS.

BTW, have you tried an original version of MS-Basic (that MicroSoft released for CP/M computers) in T-DOS seeing as those that are available on the ADAM were probably configured for ADAM CP/M’s screen formatting… a process that I have never done or had the need to learn until now.

33 minutes ago, NIAD said:

I’ll have a look through the NIAD CP/M PD Volumes when I get a chance to see if any of the versions of Basic available on them will work with T-DOS.

BTW, have you tried an original version of MS-Basic (that MicroSoft released for CP/M computers) in T-DOS seeing as those that are available on the ADAM were probably configured for ADAM CP/M’s screen formatting… a process that I have never done or had the need to learn until now.

I have only tried the various BASIC versions on the Adam Archive.  Let me see what I can find for a more "generic" version and try it.  Please let me know what you find as well.  Thank you!

5 hours ago, mr_gw454 said:

I found some generic versions of MS BASIC…

With ADAM Image Manager, I’ve had some issues with transferring files to a CP/M disk image as well. Try transferring the file(s) to an EOS format disk image. Then use the T-DOS utility to convert ADAM EOS files to T-DOS (forget the name) and test.

if you have an old PC with a 5 1/4” disk drive, 22Disk is a great DOS utility to transfer the file(s). The EOS counterpart is The ADAM Connection.

Also, since you have a FujiNet, couldn’t you use Ncat to enter the website address and download the file directly to the ADAM? It’s supposed to support a lot of web formats such as FTP, etc.

Direct connecting the PC to the ADAM via Serial Interface, a Null Modem cable/adapter and telecom software would be another option but I have never done this to offer further help.

Quick update:

I was able to get ADAM Image Manager to copy a MBASIC.COM file to an existing BLANK CP/M DSK image without issue (this would not work when creating a new DSK image using that function within ADAM Image Manager).   T-DOS recognized it as well (great). Unfortunately, the MBASIC.COM binary I found won't load and dies with an error. Not necessarily surprising, but figured I would try (based on your suggestion).  

It sure looks like MBASIC will need to be updated/patched to work under T-DOS.