IGNORED

Problems / delays with VCS orders

Karyyk

I'm basically just posting here to see if anyone else is having as much fun with Atari's order fulfillment as I have been (and to vent). I ordered a Speakerhat bundle during the Christmas sale (to give as a gift), ordering on the 26th of November (along with one of the Borregas t-shirts and a Yar's Limited). I received the t-shirt on 12/7 in a padded envelope, so I just thought the VCS would just be shipped separately. I went to the site and checked the shipping status the next day, and it said it was shipped, but listed the same FedEx tracking number as the shirt. That didn't seem right, especially since the listed weight is 0.6 pounds and 13" x 10" x 1"). I contacted Atari support and opened a case. Since then I'm just getting the same kind of basic, canned responses, saying that it will be shipping soon and apologizing for the delay, but I get the feeling that they're not getting the fact that according to their order system, it did already ship, but all I got was this (non-lousy) t-shirt. I'm already resigned to the fact that this isn't arriving in time to gift before Christmas, but I still feel like I'm on square one here. I keep asking for updates every 5 days or so, keep getting the same responses and it doesn't seem like there's anywhere to escalate the issue. I really don't want to have to get the credit card company involved, but another week or so of this and I'm not going to have much choice.

Anybody else experience anything like this with their orders, or am I just the luckiest son-of-a-gun there is?

image.png.1ed92f90430957c0caee041f494e9b73.png

Edited by justclaws
consolidated multiple threads
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Karyyk said:

I'm basically just posting here to see if anyone else is having as much fun with Atari's order fulfillment as I have been (and to vent). I ordered a Speakerhat bundle during the Christmas sale (to give as a gift), ordering on the 26th of November (along with one of the Borregas t-shirts and a Yar's Limited). I received the t-shirt on 12/7 in a padded envelope, so I just thought the VCS would just be shipped separately. I went to the site and checked the shipping status the next day, and it said it was shipped, but listed the same FedEx tracking number as the shirt. That didn't seem right, especially since the listed weight is 0.6 pounds and 13" x 10" x 1"). I contacted Atari support and opened a case. Since then I'm just getting the same kind of basic, canned responses, saying that it will be shipping soon and apologizing for the delay, but I get the feeling that they're not getting the fact that according to their order system, it did already ship, but all I got was this (non-lousy) t-shirt. I'm already resigned to the fact that this isn't arriving in time to gift before Christmas, but I still feel like I'm on square one here. I keep asking for updates every 5 days or so, keep getting the same responses and it doesn't seem like there's anywhere to escalate the issue. I really don't want to have to get the credit card company involved, but another week or so of this and I'm not going to have much choice.

Anybody else experience anything like this with their orders, or am I just the luckiest son-of-a-gun there is?

Luckily I have not had such a bad experience.  I have ordered a number of things from their store and have received all of them, more or less.  Their order fulfillment leaves a bit to be desired but their personal customer service has always seemed good to me.  I ordered a few shirts in late November and received three in all the same size even though I ordered one of them in a larger size as a gift.  I contacted support and they said they will forward my concern to fulfillment but I have yet to get a response from them.  It's been about 2 1/2 weeks.  If you go to their Discord server there are a few very helpful people on there, one being @davpa and the other being Ashlee.  You will probably want to contact Ashlee with your info, she seems more in depth with the customer service matters.  Here is the link to the VCS Discord.  Good luck.

17 hours ago, Karyyk said:

First off, I'm sorry this happened.  If you can send or forward me your order and shipping info that you got from Atari when you purchased then I can chat with Support to see what is going on.  Send to david.paige@atari.com

We'll get this fixed but I'm sorry it won't be in time for Christmas.

Ordered a bundle along with two shirts, and it took a while before I got a shipping notification.  Well the shirts showed up...  receipt says that the VCS bundle hasn't shipped yet.

Curious if anyone else decided to pick up the speakerhat bundle that was recently on atari.com, and have had just the shirts show up.

• 2 weeks later...

I did want to mention that they did get this taken care of quickly after David's response. I've actually ordered from them before (and since) with no issues, the weird thing here was how it said it had shipped in the same package as the shirt, but only the shirt was received (and that that package was listed at half a pound). Try as I might, that's the point I never seemed to get across.

• Like 1

I ordered the Speaker Hat All In Bundle on Dec 29th and still have not received a Shipping Confirmation.  I got an order confirmation but have not gotten a shipping confirmation and of course no shipment yet.  How long does it normally take?  The site says stuff is supposed to ship the next business day.

Here's the weird one, I ordered another one on the 30th and have already received it (along with one of the Sunnyvale tees...got it on 1/4). No issues, although both of the Speakerhats I've received were probably unused returns (seals were undone, outer boxes kind of messed up). Not a huge deal at the price point, but worth noting.

• Like 1

I ordered directly from Atari but all I got was this lousy T-shirt...... rimshot

I decided to pull the trigger and buy the Atari VCS and some other jive from the shop about 3 weeks ago. I got the T-shirt quick, within a week I think, but the poster, limited edition game, other jive and most importantly, the actual VCS itself hasn't arrived, and there have been no emails suggesting that they are working on it. Is that par for the course with them? Are  they pretty slow? I'm chomping at the bit to finally try the VCS, getting pretty impatient.

Funk

I got some news via Discord that orders for the speaker hat all in bundle should start shipping over the weekend. I just thought I’d share this here incase anyones ordered said bundle and still has not heard anything. I believe the tracking will be emailed to you directly from the warehouse. I’m still waiting on my bundle being  shipped and the tracking for it, but things are moving now finally! 

Edited by Atari_JaguarVCS
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I got some news via Discord that orders for the speaker hat all in bundle should start shipping over the weekend. I just thought I’d share this here incase anyones ordered said bundle and still has not heard anything. I believe the tracking will be emailed to you directly from the warehouse. I’m still waiting on my bundle being  shipped and the tracking for it, but things are moving now finally! 

I freaking hope so!  I am dying over here :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I got the same email! Hopefully the tracking number follows soon now as it’s been a long wait for this. 

How are you acquiring this?  I thought you lived across the pond?  Atari doesn't ship to Europe as far as I know.  I am in the U.S., so no advice for me, just looking to help others who are having trouble getting stuff in Europe.

2 hours ago, leech said:

Mine just showed up today!  Speakerhat does sound pretty decent for what it is.

I have one from a previous sale and I think they do sound great.  For sure a great value at sale prices.  The sale of $39 or even $50 was great.  The hat is very high quality and the sound exceeds expectation.  I just don't see where I would use it regularly.  I suppose gardening, working on the car, walking the dog would be good use cases but I struggle for a use beyond that.

2 hours ago, joeatari1 said:

How are you acquiring this?  I thought you lived across the pond?  Atari doesn't ship to Europe as far as I know.  I am in the U.S., so no advice for me, just looking to help others who are having trouble getting stuff in Europe.

I have a family member who now lives in states so it’s going to them and there shipping it over here to me. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, joeatari1 said:

I have one from a previous sale and I think they do sound great.  For sure a great value at sale prices.  The sale of $39 or even $50 was great.  The hat is very high quality and the sound exceeds expectation.  I just don't see where I would use it regularly.  I suppose gardening, working on the car, walking the dog would be good use cases but I struggle for a use beyond that.

I always thought they would be hilarious in a flash mob.

• Haha 1

Just got another email today saying my order is now ready and should be shipped in the next 24 hrs with the tracking number emailed and thanks for being patient. I’m hoping everyone else that’s waiting gets the same email today. I’m seriously looking forward to getting that VCS in my collection and I look forward to testing out the speaker hat.