IGNORED

Atari 50 - Can't Move Character In Haunted Houses

Atari Nut

I can't move my character in Haunted Houses.  His eyes are moving only.  Am I missing something obvious?

Edit: It's not only Haunted Houses, but I also can't move the ship in Arcade Asteroids either.  I can spin the ship left or right.  In Atari Vault Vol.1, the ship moves as it should.

Edited by Atari Nut

56 minutes ago, Atari Nut said:

Edit: It's not only Haunted Houses, but I also can't move the ship in Arcade Asteroids either.  I can spin the ship left or right.  In Atari Vault Vol.1, the ship moves as it should.

I don't have the collection handy, but I imagine Digital Eclipse has a dedicated thrust button. 

While gamer's have grown accustomed to pushing upwards on the stick in order to move in Asteroids thanks to home ports from back in the day and compilation developer's typically mapping it that when emulating the arcade original, that's not how the arcade control panel actually was setup.

25 minutes ago, Atariboy said:

I don't have the collection handy, but I imagine Digital Eclipse has a dedicated thrust button. 

While gamer's have grown accustomed to pushing upwards on the stick in order to move in Asteroids thanks to home ports from back in the day and compilation developer's typically mapping it that when emulating the arcade original, that's not how the arcade control panel actually was setup.

Yes, I found the control setup and mapped the forward to J-Forward.  "RT" was mapped by default, but I couldn't figure out what that was.

However, I still cannot move the character in Haunted Houses.

Edit:  Well, it looks like it only works with the Modern Controller.  And the "RT" is a button that is on the Modern Controller.  Asteroids defaulted forward thrust to that RT button even though I only had the Classic Joystick connected.  Users that don't have a Modern Controller may be in for a surprise.

Edited by Atari Nut