IGNORED

Is there any way to connect an Intellivision II controller to an Intellivision I console?

livingonwheels

I recently found this Snes modded controller that is set up for the Intellivision II console with it's plug. 

It also included another modded Snes controller, but for the Colecovision.

They both work great with their respective consoles.

But I have a AV modded Intellivision I that I'd rather use this controller on instead of my stock Intellivision II.

I'm on the list to purchase a set of the Long Play Disc Controllers for use with my AV modded Intellivision I, but in the meantime, is there any kind of adapter available that will allow me to use this modded Snes controller on my Intellivision I? 

Will the controller adapter that can be purchased with the Long Play Disc controllers work with this? Even though, once I receive my Long Plays, this will be put away but I think I can order the adapter immediately, separately, before my Long Plays are ready, for they have a few adapters in stock.

DSC09889.JPG

DSC09890.JPG

If this controller is really modded for an Intellivision 2 console, then the adapter cable from Long Play will allow you to connect to the Intellivision 1 console.

The little adapter that was mentioned above is not for the Intellivision 1 console.

That little adapter is for connecting an Intellivision 1 controller to a USB adapter for your PC.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Greg2600 said:

https://cotegamers.com/shop/en/accueil/137-long-play-disc-controller-adapter-for-intellivision-1.html

Not certain if this will do it, I don't have an INTV II controller to test.

Yes, this is what the OP and I are referring to.

it will allow Inty2 controllers, and/or the Long Play controller, to be connected to the original console.

Thank you. I just ordered the Long Play Disc controller adapter mentioned above (he only had 3 in stock so better now or never). I'm in the USA so it might take a bit to get here and test with the modded Snes controller. Regardless, I will need it anyway for my pre ordered Long Play Disc controllers whenever that comes up.

6 hours ago, livingonwheels said:

I recently found this Snes modded controller that is set up for the Intellivision II console with it's plug. 

It also included another modded Snes controller, but for the Colecovision.

They both work great with their respective consoles.

But I have a AV modded Intellivision I that I'd rather use this controller on instead of my stock Intellivision II.

I'm on the list to purchase a set of the Long Play Disc Controllers for use with my AV modded Intellivision I, but in the meantime, is there any kind of adapter available that will allow me to use this modded Snes controller on my Intellivision I? 

Will the controller adapter that can be purchased with the Long Play Disc controllers work with this? Even though, once I receive my Long Plays, this will be put away but I think I can order the adapter immediately, separately, before my Long Plays are ready, for they have a few adapters in stock.

DSC09889.JPG

DSC09890.JPG

Yes this can be done. I did something similar for another client that requested the ability to use modified flashback controllers and their Intelly 2 controllers with with model 1 system. In that project I bought a pair of sega genesis/megadrive controller extension cables and cut them. I then ran the wires from the cabling to new connectors to plug into the Intellivision main board with the other ends of the cables with the male plug side sticking out through the original controller cable openings so that 9-pin compatible controllers could be used instead. On the female ends of the extension cables, I attached those to the ends of the originals so that the pair of original controllers now had 9-pin ends on them and could be used still if wanted.