IGNORED

Santa Panic new game

jchase1970

This is a new game I just completed.  It's been a long time since I have made a game and this was a lot of fun.  It is some of the worse code I have ever written and caused me a huge debugging issue, but I got it working.  Don't be too hard on it, it was only a couple of days of coding but it is fun for a few plays.  I had bigger dreams for it, with music and more level pictures but it's almost Christmas and it is a Christmas theme so the game is done as is.

SANTAPANICJ.jpg

SANTAPANIC

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, jchase1970 said:

This is a new game I just completed.  It's been a long time since I have made a game and this was a lot of fun.  It is some of the worse code I have ever written and caused me a huge debugging issue, but I got it working.  Don't be too hard on it, it was only a couple of days of coding but it is fun for a few plays.  I had bigger dreams for it, with music and more level pictures but it's almost Christmas and it is a Christmas theme so the game is done as is.

SANTAPANICJ.jpg

SANTAPANIC 18.88 kB · 6 downloads

Is it possible to have it also on .bin format for FinalGROM? Many thanks.

6 hours ago, tmop69 said:

Is it possible to have it also on .bin format for FinalGROM? Many thanks.

Someone would have to teach me how to do that.  Retroclouds converted my Bouncing Babies game a long time ago, so I know it can be done but I am clueless on how to do it and would love to learn how.

Edited by jchase1970

4 hours ago, jchase1970 said:

Can you teach me how.  I don't know how to make a ea5 file.  I was looking around trying to figure it out but I came up blank.

sure you read the compiler manual 

Press Enter for the LOADER then press Enter at the prompts:
DSK1.HELLO.OBJ
CALL LINK(“EA5,”DSK1.HELLO-E”)

that part in particular..

Greg

Ah so it made -e -f -g files, these are the EA5 files.

I seen this CALL LINK(“EA5,”DSK1.HELLO-E”) everytime I used it but I didn't know what it was doing. And my manual must be older then my version because it has this info in it for the file it creates.

"You can see that five files are used in the process of compiling a program. To help keep track of them,
I recommend using the following conventions. If the original XB program is called TEST then:
TEST = original XB program
TEST-M = merge format file
TEST-S = assembly source code file
TEST-O = assembly object code file
TEST-C = compiled code ready to run from Extended BASIC
TEST-A – compiled code ready to run from EA5
(The above are just suggestions. Feel free to use whatever file names you wish.)"

It said -A which I don't even have, So I didn't know why I had other files. 

I've not ever had to deal with other files and I figured out today looking back at stuff on the forums from 10-12 years ago that I was doing, I have forgot it all.  I couldn't even do stuff that I had explained how I was doing it to work.  I do good to be able to type a simply program like this and get it working.

Thank you for your help.

here are the ea5 files you requested.

SANTA-G SANTA-E SANTA-F

• Like 2