IGNORED

L'Abbaye des morts

TIX

3 hours ago, TIX said:

Hello,

I'm starting a fresh topic for this, as the old one turned out to be the best kept secret ever !

The team  @fantômas, @Synthpopalooza and myself, are still at work tweaking and polishing things..

As for the release date.. let's pray it's soon (😉 wink) ↓

Happy holidays to all !

loading-screen-8-export.thumb.png.2781824b85c46304bc7e542f6411549a.png

No .png there...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, José Pereira said:

No .png there...

6 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Appears to be behind a secured page link. I get an access denied message when trying to open the full link separately vs clicking.

..you mean you can't see the pic ?

the "let's pray" joke is ruined.. OK here it is again ↓

image.thumb.png.0d6dccb574357b2eb54e259a206ab8fe.png

Edited by TIX
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mikesk8 said:

Sorry if this already been answered, but will it be physical or / and digital release?

Personally I am all for free distribution !

on the other hand if the team decides to go that route, I wont stand in the way 👍

• Like 3

Wow, where anyone has naturally assumed by looking at the teaser images in this thread that this was achieved using VBXE they have paid a massive compliment to the coders creating this. They have really pulled out all the stops and used tricks up Atari's sleave to pull this off. Can't wait to play it. 

I'd there were a further VBXE version in future it would be great but I suspect the native release will look amazing already. 

:)

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, patjomki said:

What the...? Are we talking about the same game? Look at the screen in this posting alone!

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/322679-adm-teaser/?do=findComment&comment=5111348

If you are referring to my post then perhaps you might consider reading ALL the post before jumping :)

• Haha 1

Ok, I must admit I didn't think of that....

I never criticise out dev's or posters unless they are rude to me first, this rarely ever happens, 3 times in all the time I've been on here, all not my fault in the slightest, I do however like a laugh and thought / hoped I had then, TIX's artwork has always been superb, I just thought I'd have a wee joke with him.

Anyway, no harm done, just wanted to assure you that it was a joke and TIX's work (as with all our people doing stuff for us) IS appreciated..

Paul..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

Jest is a great word. 

jest
/dʒɛst/
noun
  1. a thing said or done for amusement; a joke.
    "he laughed uproariously at his own jest

I believe the term Jester is derived from it. 

images (1).jpeg

A world without jest and jesters would indeed be a boring world!  Or at least if it were illegal, I'd have been thrown in jail long ago!  Also, Chuckles has the Key!

5 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

I never criticise out dev's or posters unless they are rude to me first, this rarely ever happens

Hope you didn't find my posting rude? That was not my intention. My apologies. 

Apart from that I am glad I learned a new english word today (well, actually, two, considering Beeblebrox' posting about a jester).

• Like 1

No need for apologies, offence was not taken. I didn't realise that English was not your main language, to be honest, most of the folk whose first language isn't English, speak it better than I can, certainly in your case..

Careful about Bebblebrox, he might try and teach you some other English words that are not good :)

And yes, I am joking..

You carry on enjoying the forum..

Paul..

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

I looked at it and thought it was from a ZX81 with coloured cellophane on the screen like the early invaders...

why you little.... 🤬

2 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

Of course, I jest, with TIX, the 3G man on this, it's gonna look sexy..

ahem..  🙄

2 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

Wow, where anyone has naturally assumed by looking at the teaser images in this thread that this was achieved using VBXE they have paid a massive compliment to the coders creating this. They have really pulled out all the stops and used tricks up Atari's sleave to pull this off. Can't wait to play it. 

Thanks guys, we appreciate the good word !

To blow my own horn, the A8 port is my favorite version of the game, in part because it's the 1st game I drew every single thing myself..

but mainly because it has a unique style that separates this from all the rest.

Yes I know the c64 port has it's own style too, but it has deviate from the source IMO by making the screens match larger thus losing the claustrophobic feeling.

Of course don't expect miracles.. the stain-glass pic above is not an in-game image, we hope to include it elsewhere 😉

2 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

I'd there were a further VBXE version in future it would be great but I suspect the native release will look amazing already. 

no vbxe

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TIX said:

why you little.... 🤬

Actually, I'm quite big :)

As Bebble said, for someone to think it was using a VBXE is stunning praise for your work..

Keep at it 3G...

EDIT: Just an edit to say that from looking at the footage and hearing the music, it's a very polished production all around... (Don't want TIX's head to swell too much :)

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Haha 1