IGNORED

A new VCS or a classic controller from MyArcade Gaming?

RadiATIon

Seems to be very locked down with no SD card slot, Wi-Fi etc but just as I expected with the price point. Hopefully games can be added in via a firmware update or it’ll eventually be hacked and games can be added that way. I’ll definitely be buying the Gamestation if I can get my hands on one, it’s a great looking device and one of the best looking mini consoles I’ve seen and seems to be good value for the money at the asking price. I expect pre orders to sell out quickly on this one. 

On 1/5/2023 at 2:36 PM, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I’ll definitely be buying the handheld and console for my collection but will pass on the mini arcade. 

Same. I'd buy the handheld but pass on the mini cab. They look cute on display but are cumbersome to play.

• Like 1

I'll stick with my current setup, my classic consoles, the multicarts I have and are available for them and my RF to HDMI converter and my 39 inch Insignia TV I play them on, no BS about lack of compatibility or disregard for the 5200 like so many of these bullshit plug n play units put out over the years have.

• 10 months later...

I'm playing with this on my TV right now. I was born in 1969 and grew up with original Atari setup and my 2 siblings. My only complaint is the joystick needs to slow down. It's too fast for accurate asteroids or centipede. I'm flying all over without control. Wish there was a setting, like mouse controls, where you can set speed if joystick ... My 50 something hands getting frustrated trying to lightly, frantically touch joystick on those games. Looked at I, robot and joystick wouldn't let me go slow enough to stop when I needed to... Great idea, just needs a little bit of help with controller.

The joystick is not a usable option for many games.  2600 Ms Pac Man or Jr are unplayable; continuously missing turns.  If I switch directions too quickly on MsPM I can get stuck inside a wall.  Lol.

The paddles are fantastic, but the stick needs a firmware update.  They are embarrassing.

Edited by suspicious_milk
Spelling