IGNORED

Good source for spare controller overlays?

T.A.P.

I'd like to pick up spare controller overlays for a few games.

I already have spares for Cybermorph, Trevor McFur, Battlemorph, and Blue Lightning, but I'd like to get spares for other games.

Does anyone have a good source for either genuine replacements or good reproductions?

6 hours ago, Starwander said:

pbloand on here sells great reproduction ones. I carry his overlays on my website as well. 

https://hoskinson-industries.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage

Have you used these yourself, and are these easy to use?

I've tried some reproduction overlays, and while looking nice an good fit, pressing keypad-buttons was not great as the overlay was too sturdy.

2 hours ago, Isgoed said:

Have you used these yourself, and are these easy to use?

I've tried some reproduction overlays, and while looking nice an good fit, pressing keypad-buttons was not great as the overlay was too sturdy.

I bought a couple of them ...

the overlays are the exact opposite 🙂: a little bit too thin (and too glossy)

All of the aftermarket examples I've seen for sale have not been embossed, sadly. Hence, the issue of difficulty pressing buttons. When I was researching 3rd party overlays a while back, I saw some in a thread here that were embossed, but it was posted a few years ago, and I haven't seen them for sale anywhere unfortunately.

These:

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/267811-possible-jaguar-overlaysfor-what-games/?do=findComment&comment=4310539

On 1/2/2023 at 10:57 AM, Senneman said:

the overlays are the exact opposite 🙂: a little bit too thin (and too glossy)

Yes, this. The reproductions look great and work fine for a game like Battlemorph, but I have trouble getting through more than a few minutes of play on something like Total Carnage or even something rather intense like Iron Soldier without popping them out of the controller while scrubbing my thumb around. Need something a little thicker and with embossing to hold them in place. People are going to hate this, but the best 3rd-party overlays I've used are those that come with games from @WAVE 1 GAMES. They're sturdy, have a good texture for sliding your thumb around on them, and nicely embossed. If anyone knows & cares to share how those are made, that'd probably be the best way to get some nice reproduction ones manufactured.