IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, Wata Graded 9.8 A+, Nintendo DS

silentshadow56

I mean to say far too many are ignoring it or hoping scams don't exist. IDK that's how I see it. Maybe wrong..??

I'm just hoping WATA will grade my emulation collection. I've got everything defragmented and optimized file placement on the HDD platters via DiskTrix. All the checksums match and everything is complete and backed up.

1 hour ago, Keatah said:

I mean to say far too many are ignoring it or hoping scams don't exist. IDK that's how I see it. Maybe wrong..??

I'm just hoping WATA will grade my emulation collection. I've got everything defragmented and optimized file placement on the HDD platters via DiskTrix. All the checksums match and everything is complete and backed up.

Your meaning was pretty clear to be honest. I would say too many collectors are just not aware of the WATA scams. But yes also they will ignore it etc. Some will have money and emotion invested

in graded games and ignore it or not believe it. I learned something new myself from the videos mentioned - that WATA has class action lawsuit filed against them. I hope they get driven out of business.

The lawsuit should also bring a lot of negative publicity on them.

• Like 1

Good on ol Larry pointing that one out, they're such scumbags.  Sooner that goes to court sooner they lose, and with the dink in charge of this mess having been sued, lost, and fined into the low millions of dollars pulling this scam on coins in the 80s should help compound the punishment since he shows he doesn't care, doesn't learn.

• Like 1

Since the rise of emulation, flashcarts & FPGAs, and soft mods.. Owning a real copy of a "rare" game is bragging rights. And fodder for twisting flunkies into a craze.

But I'll miss the circus when it's over. The brain burning, the head drilling, the gyrations, the chasing.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, silentshadow56 said:

No it wasn't, but does that really matter? The money is in my account and the game has been shipped to the new owner. I as the seller am happy, and the buyer as the new owner is happy. I don't understand why selling video games has to be such a bloodsport...

Let me help you understand. It might have something to do with people using a fraudulent grading company to grade video games, and then attempt to sell that video game for a vastly inflated price. That could be considered "bloodsport".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, mutil8 said:

Let me help you understand. It might have something to do with people using a fraudulent grading company to grade video games, and then attempt to sell that video game for a vastly inflated price. That could be considered "bloodsport".

Nah, I've been doing this long enough to know no matter what it is someone will always cry.

Selling a dead stock Atari Falcon for x amount of dollars? I should be strung and quartered for holding someone's nostalgia hostage

Selling vintage magazines? The penalty is death for evening dreaming that I should sell something that's been uploaded and available for free on the internet 

I am just as well educated and aware of the market and the company that graded this game as was the person who purchased it. Whether it was here on Atariage, Facebook, Instagram, eBay, it doesn't matter. It was an informed transaction between two consenting adults and both of those people are satisfied with the transaction. That's all that really matters...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 5:23 PM, cvga said:

Serious question. Since I'm not into the graded scene, are all the grades in even numbers (as in 9.0, 9.2, 9.4, 9.6, 9.8, etc)? Feels like 9.9 would be as close to perfect as you can get without being perfect. 

That said, can you tell what makes this a 9.8 vs a 10.0? Do they just give you a grade or do they also point out the flaw?

Good luck with your sale

On 1/4/2023 at 8:35 PM, OLD CS1 said:

Another opinion which will apparently be unpopular: it is pretty bad form to lob a turd bomb into a thread, then set the thread on ignore for the inevitable arguments to your point.

On 1/8/2023 at 2:40 PM, silentshadow56 said:

No it wasn't, but does that really matter? The money is in my account and the game has been shipped to the new owner. I as the seller am happy, and the buyer as the new owner is happy. I don't understand why selling video games has to be such a bloodsport...

I've always wondered if they point out the flaw too. Otherwise it's just arbitrary guess work right?

"Almost" only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and Turd bombs (aka shit fights)

Well, grading has certainly contributed to furthering along the "blood sport"

Edited by Crazy Climber
messed up
  • Thanks 1