IGNORED

Express! Cart

Bikerbob

2 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Windows 10, FireFox, latest updates they push always automatic.

I'm using Firefox in macOS.  Can you answer the question about where you're clicking on that's taking you to the end of the thread?  Also, if you can right-click on the link and copy the URL and paste it so it's not embedded, that would also be helpful.

Thank you,

..Al

I am using it tonight on my 1088xel with 1050 drive and 850 to the UDS 10..  SO its the 800.. I will try the ph2 mod.

The other mod I have not looked into yet.  Both the 800 and my 1088 are my daily machines (8bit) so I would love if they both worked with it.  Bobterm is pretty darn good too though.

I will look back through this thread, but was there ever a manual for this?

James

3 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

For the express cart? Yes there was a manual.

For the Phi Mod and resistor mod, that was in tech tips, and installation guides for various add ons and mods.

ok, lol... where can I get the Express! Cart manual? 

As for the mods.. I will do the Ph2 mod first.. then the resistor mod if still having issues.. they are straight forward.

James

Ok, so I am reading and learning about the Express cart,

I am using my 8-bits with the UDS-10 device - so I am limited on some things - for example the UDS-10 does not work in Atasci in command mode. 

SO I need to dial in ASCII and then switch to ATASCI for my 8-bit calls.

I see there are macros, and I have read some about it.. Wondering is there a way through a macro I could go to the parms change the Translate to Atasci - and then ^M put my user name in and then password etc..  I dont see a way to access commands with macros??

James

9 hours ago, Bikerbob said:

Ok, so I am reading and learning about the Express cart,

I am using my 8-bits with the UDS-10 device - so I am limited on some things - for example the UDS-10 does not work in Atasci in command mode. 

SO I need to dial in ASCII and then switch to ATASCI for my 8-bit calls.

I see there are macros, and I have read some about it.. Wondering is there a way through a macro I could go to the parms change the Translate to Atasci - and then ^M put my user name in and then password etc..  I dont see a way to access commands with macros??

James

Yes, this exactly what I did and shared with Kyle.

also when used with a pearle device (like lantronix but usually military use) the macros called setups in pearle dialer etc.

same thing done in bobterm and 850 express, but the macros have slightly different implementation/pauses/linked lines.

Edited by _The Doctor__

1 hour ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Yes, this exactly what I did and shared with Kyle.

also when used with a pearle device (like lantronix but usually military use) the macros called setups in pearle dialer etc.

same thing done in bobterm and 850 express, but the macros have slightly different implementation/pauses/linked lines.

Sorry, so you are saying I can access the translation through macros? Should I find a thread you posted this to Kyle?

James

No thread, the macros were crafted to work regardless of the translation using the well know replacements ctrl-m ctrl-j etc...

they are the normal method used to complete let's say....

ATDT xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

without the control character issuing a standard return key code it will just sit there.

give it a whirl stay in atascii and issue a known dial address without making a mistake and hit either ctrl-j or ctrl-m and see if it doesn't 'dial'

Edited by _The Doctor__

14 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

No thread, the macros were crafted to work regardless of the translation using the well know replacements ctrl-m ctrl-j etc...

they are the normal method used to complete let's say....

ATDT xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

without the control character issuing a standard return key code it will just sit there.

give it a whirl stay in atascii and issue a known dial address without making a mistake and hit either ctrl-j or ctrl-m and see if it doesn't 'dial'

OK, so that does work, if I  TYPE ATDT xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,1234 ctrl-m  -- it dials and connects.

How do I put ctrl-m or ctrl-j in a maco? just that way? if so.. why not replace the dialing suffix to ctrl-m???

James