IGNORED

Do any of you mess with the Arcade1up Machines?

Cousin Vinnie

I waited to pull the trigger on these things until Wal Mart had the Tempest one for $199. I decided to grab it at this price, but its been a disaster so far. You get what you pay for.

The LCD screen will not come on- but the sound works and it sounds like the controls work. They sent me a new monitor and a new control board, I have installed both, switched it around,  flip flopped parts, and still- no screen... the sound effects work, and the controls sound like they are working. The customer service guys do not really seem to care... and they are not interested in taking it back for a refund. 

Im not sure what else could be wrong with it. It seems pretty basic. Do you guys have any thoughts?

Well I mean you could try and think this out.  They already ate it sending you a new screen and control board, so odds are they didn't send two duds out to replace two duds, so what's left?  Seems to me a bad plug, bad jack, bad wiring, something between A to B there is keeping the screen off.  Also given the time of year, Walmart should just take it back.

On 12/29/2022 at 4:01 PM, Cousin Vinnie said:

I waited to pull the trigger on these things until Wal Mart had the Tempest one for $199. I decided to grab it at this price, but its been a disaster so far. You get what you pay for.

The LCD screen will not come on- but the sound works and it sounds like the controls work. They sent me a new monitor and a new control board, I have installed both, switched it around,  flip flopped parts, and still- no screen... the sound effects work, and the controls sound like they are working. The customer service guys do not really seem to care... and they are not interested in taking it back for a refund. 

Im not sure what else could be wrong with it. It seems pretty basic. Do you guys have any thoughts?

Weird that that's happening.. so you now have 2 monitors and 2 control boards and no combinations of either work?  Try them outside of the cab to make sure. 

I bought that Tempest $199 cab at Walmart too and just assembled it this week. I had no sound at first but then found it was just because I didn't plug the audio cable all the way in :lol: 

• Like 2