IGNORED

Retron 77 and Hyperkin Ranger issue

VTPantha

I have had the Retron 77, but got the Hyperkin Ranger to play the paddle games. However, I either get one or two issues: either I can only use the paddle on one side of the game - either goes from left side to the middle on Super Breakout, or it moves from the left to the middle, then one more slight turn veers it all the way to the right in Kaboom. Is there a way to re-calibrate the paddle or make a change? I am currently using 6.6 map and 6.7 exe.

I have gotten a 2nd Ranger along with the 2-way adapter and have the same issue. If I have the paddle on the screen on the left, I can still turn the paddle more to the left. That is why I am thinking I need to get the controller, Retron, or Stella to realize the center on the paddle needs to be re-centered and work fine.

•  

• 2 weeks later...

The first R77 I bought arrived DOA.  The replacement works great with 2 Ranger controllers and has for the entire time I've owned it, including paddle games.  I upgraded it to the latest Stella build.  I've played hundreds of games on it (no exaggeration) and I don't remember having any of these issues.

It makes me wonder if there is a newer manufacturing defect in the Ranger controllers, similar to all of the R77 consoles with bad RAM.  I guess I got lucky with the replacement console because it works perfectly.