IGNORED

Lunar Patrol

OldStyle

I'd like to see a screenshot of the alternate colors without the screen dimming issue. I actually think I prefer that one so long as the buggy doesn't blend in too much. Also, green can be somewhat problematic on the 7800, since it is much more prone to color drift than browns and reds. It might be cool to have a choice of which palette you prefer in the game.

Either way though, I'm really looking forward to this one!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Synthpopalooza said:

Ok.  I have some POKEY sounds and music for this.  They were originally for a port that @mksmithwas working on.  If, however, this version gets closer to done, would either of you be interested/okay with me contributing?

Hey Synth, I'll include whatever you got 😃, as long as @mksmith is OK with it since those were intended for his project.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OldStyle said:

Hey Synth, I'll include whatever you got 😃, as long as @mksmith is OK with it since those were intended for his project.

All good! Bobby's stuff and very happy to see it go towards your awesome project!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/11/2023 at 10:18 PM, doug0909 said:

Why not throw in backgrounds of some real Earth cities, especially ones known to have potholes? The theme could be a post apocalyptic patrol... 

That would pretty much be every major city and probably most secondary cities in the US.  Maybe there can be some derailed trains in the background graphics?  The theme of the game can be the moon buggy is bringing water to the citizens of the cities with undrinkable or unreliable water supplies.

Or maybe a subway game where instead of fighting the gang that kidnapped your girl, you are fighting off muggers.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE
OF A SECRET NEW GAME FOR YOUR 7800!

ZeroPage Homebrew has the EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE on Tue June 6, 2023 of this secret new game and interview with @OldStyle, developer of Mario Bros. and Lunar Patrol ports! We'll be talking about his new game and also updates on his two other masterpieces!

CAN YOU GUESS WHAT THE NEW GAME IS?

1088303813_20230523-BubbleBobbleTeaser1.thumb.jpg.b42a5795399b317735d4b6423067529e.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE
HINT #2 FOR A SECRET NEW ATARI 7800 PORT!

ZeroPage Homebrew has the EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE on Tue June 6, 2023 of this secret new game and interview with @OldStyle, developer of Mario Bros. and Lunar Patrol ports! We'll be talking about his new game and also updates on his two other masterpieces!

CAN YOU GUESS WHAT THE NEW GAME IS?
1494907328_20230531-Teaser2.thumb.jpg.aeb5a68e1598bc101d2860bec76698c0.jpg

• Like 5

EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE of BUBBLE BOBBLE

on ZeroPage Homebrew

1103982213_20230602-BubbleBobbleTeaser3.thumb.jpg.516f4be69cb33272fc1b90638bd821e1.jpg

The secret is OUT! ZeroPage Homebrew has the EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE of BUBBLE BOBBLE for the Atari 7800 on Tue June 6, 2023 and interview with @OldStyle, developer of Mario Bros. and Lunar Patrol ports! We'll be talking about his new game and also updates on his two other masterpieces!

- James
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE of BUBBLE BOBBLE

TOMORROW on ZeroPage Homebrew

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing the Exclusive World Premiere of Bubble Bobble for the Atari 7800 along with a LIVE interview with developer Oldstyle on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Game:

WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY

• Like 7

On 4/14/2023 at 9:48 PM, christo930 said:

That would pretty much be every major city and probably most secondary cities in the US.  Maybe there can be some derailed trains in the background graphics?  The theme of the game can be the moon buggy is bringing water to the citizens of the cities with undrinkable or unreliable water supplies.

Or maybe a subway game where instead of fighting the gang that kidnapped your girl, you are fighting off muggers.

Well you can definitely add Cleveland and Youngstown, OH on to that list. I know Youngstown isn't that big but it's pot holes are!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just finished watching the stream.  @OldStyle and @Synthpopalooza, WIP or not, this is one hell of a game.  I'm really looking forward to seeing it progress: even as an early version, it does so many things better than other ports of the game on different 8-bit platforms.

@ZeroPage Homebrew, thanks for the stream.  Really great to have had the chance to get an early look.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 6/7/2023 at 1:05 AM, x=usr(1536) said:

Just finished watching the stream.  @OldStyle and @Synthpopalooza, WIP or not, this is one hell of a game.  I'm really looking forward to seeing it progress: even as an early version, it does so many things better than other ports of the game on different 8-bit platforms.

@ZeroPage Homebrew, thanks for the stream.  Really great to have had the chance to get an early look.

It feels good, and is a relief seeing the enthusiasm behind this!  There were a couple of items that didn't appear during the stream because of last moment additions affecting those spawns.  James and Tanya did a wonderful job in presenting most of the content and avoiding most of the bugs, except avoiding the mighta meatball coming out from nowhere ;).  Building the next round:

image.thumb.png.f5436d3a4132fcc88fc0ed47773c1a99.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

On 6/10/2023 at 12:51 PM, miker said:

Ok, so when it bubbles out? :) 

22 hours ago, Eagle said:

Where is bin file? :D

Could be by the end of the week give or take some days.  There are a few bugs that need to be addressed and would like to have the bonus round working as well.

• Like 8