IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - January 1st 2023

Pixelboy

Happy New Year, Colecovisioneers! :D

May 2023 bring you peace, prosperity and good health, despite possible new virus variants and economic downturns... Okay, not exactly the most wishful thinking. But it's the New Year, we can at least be cautiously optimistic, can't we? :P

As most of you know, I released my last batch of new ColecoVision homebrew games last week. I'm still not able to program the cartridge PCBs just yet, but things are moving along towards that. That's all I can say about it for now, aside from the fact that I hate to keep people waiting. I do thank everyone who have enough trust in me to give me their money even though I'm not able to ship their games yet. Hopefully it will be a short wait.

So what's next for Team Pixelboy? Two words: Trading cards. The Canadian series of ColecoVision trading cards is essentially done, but I'll wait until the homebrew series are ready before sending all the card templates to the printer later this year. With all the legacy cards now done, I will focus exclusively on the various homebrew series (Team Pixelboy, Opcode Games, CollectorVision, etc.) in 2023. My plan is to finish up all the series so I can place a single print order with the card printer, and then later ship all these series to ColecoVision fans in one single order-processing operation.

Aside from that, I have one more project I need to do with CollectorVision within the next few months, and then I'll be riding off into the proverbial sunset. But it won't be quite the end for Team Pixelboy games, because as I stated two years ago, I've handed over most of my games to other ColecoVision homebrew publishers. Below is the full list again, but keep in mind that seeing a game in this list doesn't mean that the publisher has any real obligation to release new copies of said game. It just means they have dibs on making new copies if they so choose, so you should contact them directly to enquire about their intentions.

Opcode Games:

• Bank Panic
  • Circus Charlie
  • Front Line - Standard Controller Edition
  • Ghostbusters (SGM)
  • Golgo 13
  • Gulkave
  • King & Balloon (SGM)
  • King's Valley (SGM)
  • Knightmare (SGM)
  • Konami's Ping-Pong
  • Mappy (SGM)
  • Mopiranger
  • Ninja Princess
  • Rally-X (SGM)
  • Secret of the Moai (SGM)
  • Star Force
  • The Goonies (SGM)
  • Thexder (SGM)
  • Track & Field
  • TwinBee (SGM)
  • Wonder Boy

AtariAge Store:

• Joust
  • The Black Onyx
  • Boxxle
  • Arcomage (SGM)
  • Jewel Panic

CollectorVision:

• 1942 (SGM)
  • Arabian
  • Bomber King (SGM)
  • Booming Boy (SGM)
  • Buck Rogers Super Game (SGM)
  • Caos Begins (SGM)
  • Caverns of Titan (SGM) (Budget series)
  • Champion Pro Wrestling (Budget series)
  • Children of the Night (SGM)
  • Cold Blood (SGM) (Budget series)
  • C-So!
  • Danger Tower (SGM) (Budget series)
  • Deep Dungeon Adventure (SGM) (Budget series)
  • Destructor - Standard Controller Edition
  • Dragon's Lair (SGM)
  • Flicky
  • Frostbite (Budget series)
  • Gauntlet (SGM)
  • Ghost (SGM)
  • Girl's Garden
  • GP World (Mystery Man Collection)
  • Heroes Arena (SGM) (Budget series)
  • J.E.T.P.A.C. (SGM) (Budget series)
  • Kaboom! (Budget series)
  • Knight Lore (SGM)
  • Kralizec Tetris (Budget series)
  • Majikazo (SGM)
  • Mecha-8 (SGM optional)
  • Mecha-9 (SGM optional)
  • Mikie (Mystery Man Collection)
  • Module Man
  • Monaco GP (Mystery Man Collection)
  • Multiverse
  • N-Sub (Mystery Man Collection)
  • Operation Wolf (SGM)
  • Pacar (Budget series)
  • Pitfall II Arcade
  • Princess Quest
  • Prisoner of War (SGM)
  • QBIQS (SGM)
  • Quest for the Golden Chalice
  • Remember The Flag (Budget series)
  • R-Type (SGM)
  • Sega Flipper (Mystery Man Collection)
  • Shmup! (SGM) (Budget Series)
  • Shouganai (SGM) (Budget Series)
  • Sindbad Mystery (Mystery Man Collection)
  • Spelunker (SGM)
  • Star Jacker (Mystery Man Collection)
  • Stray Cat (SGM) (Budget series)
  • Subroc Super Game (SGM)
  • Sudoku (Budget series)
  • Super Pac-Man (SGM)
  • Traffic Jam (SGM) (Budget series)
  • The Cure
  • The Stone of Wisdom (SGM)
  • Txupinazo! (SGM) (Budget series)
  • Uridium (SGM)
  • Wizard of Wor (SGM)
  • Zaxxon Super Game (SGM)
  • Zaxxon II (Mystery Man Collection)
  • Zombie Incident (SGM)
  • Zoom 909 (Mystery Man Collection)

No publisher attached:

• Asteroids (SGM)
  • Star Castle
  • Battle of Hoth (programmer requested that this game not be transfered to any publisher)
  • Nether Dungeon (was a limited collector release, only 50 official copies exist)
  • Peek-a-boo (no demand for a children's game)
  • Space Shuttle - A Journey Into Space (limited to 100 copies, ROM will be released for free on December 25th 2023)
  • Super Action Soccer (was a limited collector release, only 5 official copies exist)
  • Utopia (limited to 100 copies, ROM will be released for free on December 25th 2023)

This concludes this Team Pixelboy News Bulletin. We now return you to your regular forum activities. ;)

Again, Happy New Year!

• Like 10

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update: All the carts are now assembled, and I just finished inserting the carts and manuals into their boxes. Tomorrow I'm going to start preparing packages for those who already paid for their orders (which is the vast majority). The ladies at the post office will be seeing my face a lot during the next couple of weeks.  :D 

• Like 9

On 1/1/2023 at 12:21 AM, Pixelboy said:

Space Shuttle - A Journey Into Space

Utopia

😃 

ROM will be released for free on December 25th 2023

😱 I ❤️ U !

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update: All paid orders have been shipped, and I only have three or four orders for which payment is still pending.

Arabian is now sold out, but I have several unclaimed copies of Space Shuttle and Utopia, so if anyone's on the fence about acquiring either of those titles, now's the time to go for it.  :)

• Like 2

On 2/13/2023 at 8:16 PM, Pixelboy said:

Quick update: All paid orders have been shipped, and I only have three or four orders for which payment is still pending.

Arabian is now sold out, but I have several unclaimed copies of Space Shuttle and Utopia, so if anyone's on the fence about acquiring either of those titles, now's the time to go for it.  :)

If still available, I want a copy of Space Shuttle! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Utopia is now sold out. Please refer to the first post of this thread if you want to know how to get previously-released Team Pixelboy ColecoVision titles.

Many thanks to everyone who supported my endeavour of publishing ColecoVision games over the years!  :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...

The "last task" I was referring to in the original post is now done and behind me (I completed it about a week ago, actually) so I am now turning my full attention to the homebrew series of the ColecoVision trading cards project between now and the end of this year..

The "new people" are well-known and well-established ColecoVision homebrew publishers:

http://collectorvision.com

http://opcodegames.com

And of course, there's the AtariAge Store attached to these forums. You can contact Albert (the administrator of the forum) if you want more info.

Oh that's right; Collectorvision. I forgot about them. I like their stuff. I just found that Penguin Land game I've always liked from the Master System so I'm happy about that. Now I need the Penguin Adventure from Opcode. What I would really like from PixelBoy if anyone is ever willing to sell is Children of the Night. Any horror of dracula game, I would really like to have. :D

And btw, Opcodegames website has nothing. I've tried many times there and I only see the sgm module. I got an email of their upcoming releases and I was told to pre-order them but I have no way of doing so, even though I already subscribed a long time ago and I recently paid for a membership. So I'm still waiting on what's next.

Well, I wish you luck with your cards. I wish I had been ahead of the game with your games so I can only hope someone will like to sell any on ebay or something.

Edited by Johny_lovin_it