IGNORED

CollectorVision Experience Club 2023

retroillucid

Obviously, they can change the rules anyway they want. But if they do it should be going forward, not for previous or current years.

If they decide to invalidate the rule who says that people should follow the other rules of secrecy and not selling the secret games on the open market?  I personally wouldn't but it one rule is broken by the group that created the rules why follow any of them?

And don't get me wrong, collectorvision is great and I will continue to support them.

• Like 2

If you only missed out on year 1, IMO you didn't really miss anything game wise. Plus it's probably part of the vault by now.

Being a member since the start, out of all the games, I'd say only two get much replay for me. Don't even remember what years they came from anymore. The good games were not part of year 1 for sure. The rest of the games from the club are kinda meh. One of them had really nice packaging/extras last year. And that game also had a pretty obvious bug in it. Luckily it had a work around, even if not an obvious one, so it could still be played as intended. 

But that's just my opinion. Everyone likes different style games. 

I think only 125 or so signed up for year 1 right.  I guess I could look it up.

But I think 200+ for year 2 and over 300 last year.  But this is from memory.  I could be dreaming...

I don't think it is the GAME itself, it is the collecting of said game.  I am more a PLAY the game person then collect it.  Which is also my I like the ROM collection. I wish all vendors did similar.

I don't want to talk about other vendors here, but some are very generous, especially at Christmas :)  and others do make almost everything available for small $.  

I get some developers may not want the roms sold or distributed also. 

• Like 2

I'm going to go for the updated rom collection when its ready BUT would like it split up by club years with just the roms added that year for a decent price. I don't want to play $75 and get three new roms not to mention the secret game from 3 years ago still wasn't added when I got the last pack.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, evg2000 said:

I've been in the club the whole time, in fact I'm number 1.  I would not be happy if the rules changed.

It is awesome that you are #1 and I'm jealous, but how would it affect you if more people were able to obtain previously-released games?  That wouldn't change the fact that you have the games and will always have bragging rights and status of being a founding club member.

Honestly, this isn't a huge deal for me one way or another.  I'm only missing the year one game and I'm far from a complete ColecoVision collection anyway, so it doesn't significantly impact me to not have every game.  I just thought it might be a nice option for late comers to have, especially those who have joined over the past few years and might want to pick up the games they missed in year 2 or 3.  I get that the games were supposed to be one-time releases, but at the same time they aren't supposed to be re-sold outside the club anyway, so what is that one-time exclusivity actually getting anyone?  The prior year games could even be sold at a higher price point that incentivizes people to join the club every year rather than waiting to buy the games as one-offs in subsequent years.  I'm not sure this is worth making a huge issue out of though.  If people feel like it is really important to maintain the exclusivity that was promised, then that is what it is.

Either way, I'm excited to see the club continue to grow year over year and look forward to seeing what is in store for us later this year!

20 hours ago, retroillucid said:

Summer mean, between June to September

What do you mean by ''Do not promise what you can deliver'' 
Are you reffering to the 4th game?
If so, then the game has been completed for 2 years now and has been fully tested

Gads I have a terrible habit of thinking one thing and typing another...  "Do not promise what you can't deliver"

You have - but just sayin'.  (I'm still waiting on several items from OTHER sellers for a LONG time that were 'promised' by...)

Oh and as 'CEO' - good... blame the 'VP'... Toby  :-)

Looking forward to getting some games in the 'fall of 2023'...   ;-)

On 1/2/2023 at 4:06 PM, fallenone said:

When is the last day for signing up? I plan on ordering but I am on a monthly fixed income so I have to budget accordingly.

Last year subscription ended on the 15th of February. There was also mentioned that they would accept latecomers. See topic CollectorVision Experience Club 2022.

Love the secret games, this year will be my 3rd - I can't wait... for those of you on the fence, you only regret the money you don't spend, right ??!!

If for some reason the goal of 800 people to trigger the 4th game isn't reached, would it be a possible to consider adding it for club members to purchase as an 'add on' for this year, or would you save it for the 2024 club?

Thanks!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tep392 said:

NIAD said:

"Just gotta ask where the Global Moderator is to clean up this one?"

Done.

clean.jpg.5d33d10b7cc62c8d048aa0ea6c73f60c.jpg

First time in a while that I’ve had a message deleted and am OK with it! 😜

Plus I didn’t get locked out of the thread. 🙄

👍🏼👍🏼 for tep392.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Damn,  seems I missed some drama haha...

I just got signed up!   (WOO HOO!)  The increase in price nearly killed me.  Everything is more expensive, I get it...I just thought, Maybe I can save the money and maybe I can't.  Luckily I came up with it!   (And just in the nick of time!).

Last year,  Well (Just being honest here not being mean I hope) I wish the collision detection, Well,  specifically the collision detection with the Ammo in the arcade conversion was better...But that said I only tried it with my original ColecoVision and it was glitchy (the Machine, not the Game),...Gonna try it with the Phoenix today, but I assume that is the way it was programmed...Anyway I have, by and large, been very happy and very impressed with the games in this club and will continue to do my best to support it.

I love getting the games, and for me it feels like Christmas morning the day they arrive!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2023 at 7:40 AM, 1980gamer said:

I think many people missed the first year.  So if an exception was made, maybe it should be for first year game(s) only.

I imagine there will always be new Colecovision fans discovering these clubs and memberships for the first time, each year. So have missed a lot of back products.

I'm one myself 😃 Had a Colecovision since the early-2000s from a thrift store but only recently unearthed it and repaired it with a small set of games to enjoy. Now have a multicart so am also interested in ROMs as well as physical homebrew.

I just happened to stumble upon the membership and joined for the first time. But I completely understand the arguments against suddenly offering old exclusive releases again when the language has always indicated that wouldn't happen.

Personally I just love to play games (old and new) and it does make me sad to see a lot of them likely lost to time or very limited availability. No matter, I am looking forward to my first time experience in this club! I've only played a single new Colecovision game (Sydney Hunter and The Sacred Tribe) and it astonishes me what the system is capable of!

Edited by MattPilz

• 4 weeks later...

Alot of people contacted us lately and asked us to push back the deadline for the club registration to the end of March since some folks are waiting for their taxes return. 

So, LAST CALL! 

You have till the end of March to subscribe to the Experience Club!

Subscribe here:
https://collectorvision.com/store/shop/colecovision/collectorvision-experience-club-membership-2023/

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...