Updated Completed:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Added to WIP:

Updated WIP:

• Like 3

On 1/22/2023 at 1:54 AM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Updated WIP:

Mytris v1.01 was released last weekend. Can be moved to completed. Please update credits, as I learned (a bit to late for v1.00) that sfx where created by @pseudografx

Download of v1.01 is here: ABBUC e.V. forum

• Thanks 1

On 2/8/2023 at 9:00 AM, pps said:

Mytris v1.01 was released last weekend. Can be moved to completed. Please update credits, as I learned (a bit to late for v1.00) that sfx where created by @pseudografx

Download of v1.01 is here: ABBUC e.V. forum

Thank you so much for the link and updated credits!

Moved to Completed:

Updated Completed:

Added to WIP:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Added to Physical Release:

Added to WIP:

Updated WIP:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Added to Physical Release:

On 2/28/2023 at 8:14 PM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

You might want to do some further checking here. I don't think dogdark has anything directly to do with the game. He's posted a video of a very old WIP that was dropped by the original team who subsequently released the source code to the public. In dogdark's information section below the video, he states: "Showing the demo of Rally X that is in the process of being programmed by Ascrnet". @ascrnet was part of the original team and later helped translate the source comments into English for @starwindz, who had some interest in carrying on the project (but eventually faded out, due to life issues, etc.).

So, I would say this project is not currently being worked on, and hasn't for some long number of years. There are several binary versions available ("New Rally X (3).xex" corresponds to the video). I'll post them both here (they should also be in the "Atari Betas" archive that I've posted elsewhere).

[Note: they may have problems running in Altirra and real hardware; but will run decently in Atari800Win PLus.]

New Rally X.xex

New Rally X (3).xex

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MrFish said:

So, I would say this project is not currently being worked on, and hasn't for some long number of years. There are several binary versions available ("New Rally X (3).xex" corresponds to the video). I'll post them both here (they should also be in the "Atari Betas" archive that I've posted elsewhere).

I was a little hesitant to add it to the list since there was so little information attached to the video. Thank you for the additional information and I'll remove it from the listing pending any updates.

- James

Added to WIP:

Updated WIP:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Added to WIP:

Why does the A8 community always have this crazy habit of giving new games the exact same names as existing ones? It limits visibility in all possible ways and makes zero sense. This is nuts...

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 5:55 PM, MrFish said:

You might want to do some further checking here. I don't think dogdark has anything directly to do with the game. He's posted a video of a very old WIP that was dropped by the original team who subsequently released the source code to the public. In dogdark's information section below the video, he states: "Showing the demo of Rally X that is in the process of being programmed by Ascrnet". @ascrnet was part of the original team and later helped translate the source comments into English for @starwindz, who had some interest in carrying on the project (but eventually faded out, due to life issues, etc.).

@MrFish  how well-informed, I complement the information.

The friend dogdark took a different version than the one released by the original project team. This version has some small changes that I made some time ago "May 26, 2020" I did not generate the binary because there are still some details to be solved.

My dream is to finish it someday, but my assembler programming is still not very good.😅

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, ascrnet said:

@MrFish  how well-informed, I complement the information.

The friend dogdark took a different version than the one released by the original project team. This version has some small changes that I made some time ago "May 26, 2020" I did not generate the binary because there are still some details to be solved.

My dream is to finish it someday, but my assembler programming is still not very good.😅

Good to know some more recent activity has happened. So, the youtube video statement was correct, at least to 2020. We're all, of course, hoping to see the project carried on, as the game is a good fit for the Atari systems.

• Like 2

Added to Completed:

Added to WIP:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

I just posted the download links  😜

I'd like to see Tanya trying Coordinator 😂

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, vitoco said:

I just posted the download links  😜

Haha, looks like I was updating it while you were posting! ;-)

3 minutes ago, vitoco said:

I'd like to see Tanya trying Coordinator 😂

Yes! Looking forward to playing all of them when the contest is over. Looks like the deadline is coming up soon, Mar 25th!

- James

7 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Looking forward to playing all of them when the contest is over. Looks like the deadline is coming up soon, Mar 25th!

There are 2 more (completed) games for the contest by Eric Carr:

- Jumpman: https://bunsen.itch.io/jumpman-by-eric-carr

- Star Runner: https://bunsen.itch.io/starrunner-by-eric-carr

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unsure, if "Dangerous City" and "Cosmic Hero" count as new releases, re-releases or updates...?!?

Afaik, Dangerous City was never available before, allthough it is originally from 1994.

https://atarifan-pl.translate.goog/sklep/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=de&_x_tr_pto=wapp

@Philsan: New A8 homebrews with box, manual and cartridge...  ;-)

• Like 1