IGNORED

Atari 8-Bit/5200 Homebrew Games Released/Completed/WIP in 2023

Added to Physical Release:

• Cosmic Hero (A8) by Tomasz "Tbxx" Boksa (Idea) / Krzysztof Ziembik @Kaz atarionline.pl (Organization of the release, Title Art, Manual, Description) / Jakub Husak @jhusak (Intro, Loader, Cartridge, Code Fixes) / Łukasz "Pazur" Pazera (Cover Art) / Piotr "Piter" Krużycki , Piotr "Kroll" Mietniowski (DTP Team) | No Public Video / No Public Binary | Completed: 2023 | Physical Release: Mar 24, 2023 (Pre-Order) / Apr 15, 2023 (Shipped) | NOTE: Updated release of original game from 1993 | Listing Updated: Mar 30, 2023
  • Dangerous City (A8) by Kamil "Kamilos" Nowiński (Idea, Program, Game Graphics) / Kamil & Hubert Nowińscy (Script, Map) / Konrad Gmurek (Music) / Krzysztof Ziembik @Kaz atarionline.pl (Title Art, Icons, Loading Menu, Instructions, Description, Publishing Organization) / Jakub Husak @jhusak (Cartridge , Loading Menu) / Rafał Dudek @xxl & Piotr "Piter" Krużycki (Box Cover Art) / Piotr "Piter" Krużycki (DTP) | Video Only (20230326) No Public Binary | Completed: Mar 24, 2023 | Physical Release: Mar 24, 2023 (Pre-Order) / Apr 15, 2023 (Shipped) | NOTE: Original game created in 1994 but never publicly released | Listing Updated: Mar 30, 2023

Added to WIP:

Updated WIP:

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 3:15 PM, CharlieChaplin said:

Unsure, if "Dangerous City" and "Cosmic Hero" count as new releases, re-releases or updates...?!?

Afaik, Dangerous City was never available before, allthough it is originally from 1994.

https://atarifan-pl.translate.goog/sklep/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=de&_x_tr_pto=wapp

@Philsan: New A8 homebrews with box, manual and cartridge...  ;-)

Dangerous City definitely counts as a new release if I'm reading the listing correctly as it has never been released before. Cosmic Hero would count as an update to a previous release to a game.

Both will be added to the listing regardless as they've both been updated and are not just a repackaging of an older game. 🙂 Thank you so much for the heads up on those!

On 3/24/2023 at 6:17 PM, Wrathchild said:

2023 work could be added to WIP:

Thank you for letting me know about the updated video posted for Elite! I've added it to the listing.

- James

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Added to WIP:

Looks like a good engine. Unfortunately, the graphics don't fit with today's times, when you see the work of TIX or pseudografx and other talented graphic artists at current homebrew games on the A8, for example. Let's hope, the graphics will be changed. 🤞🤞🤞

Edited by MARIO130XE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MARIO130XE said:

Looks like a good engine. Unfortunately, the graphics don't fit with today's times, when you see the work of TIX or pseudografx and other talented graphic artists at current homebrew games on the A8, for example. Let's hope, the graphics will be changed. 🤞🤞🤞

I know what you mean - but the coder might have been going for that aesthetic/nod to the likes of Pitfall from the outset. :) Plus maybe whilst also going for a game that runs on lower stock ram requirements (48k)

1 hour ago, Beeblebrox said:

I know what you mean - but the coder might have been going for that aesthetic/nod to the likes of Pitfall from the outset. :) Plus maybe whilst also going for a game that runs on lower stock ram requirements (48k)

Naaaaah. I suspect, it's more because of Peter's ego, since at least in the past he only had commercial interests in programming games on A8 and therefore wouldn't consider a team for the production of a game. The ideas are always very good, but the graphics are always more like VCS games and that's the reason, I haven't bought a single of his games yet. He's a coder and not an artist. He soooooo damn heed a gfx guy and also a sfx man. And... The memory requirements don't increase because one CHARSET is prettier than the other. (my 2 cent) 🤔

Edited by MARIO130XE
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, MARIO130XE said:

I suspect, it's more because of Peter's ego, since at least in the past he only had commercial interests in programming games on A8 and therefore wouldn't consider a team for the production of a game.

I also honestly doubt that for this exact reason anyone of the gifted artists would want to work with/for him.

• Like 2

Heh, maybe the don't want to sign contracts or some shit that will also own their works?

patch patch patch the code, patch it all day long...

playfully pressing buttons, just to get along

Now you want some graphics, you know what to do,

get a decent graphist, he'll know what to do.

sounds are kind of tiring, needs an artist or two,

we'll get one to make it, it can patch in too!

------------------------------------------------------

After that's done you'll have great polished games worth having and playing.

Edited by _The Doctor__

• 2 weeks later...

Updated Completed:

Added to WIP:

• Tony (A8) by Krzysztof Dudek @xxl and Rafał Chabowski @mgr_inz_rafal (Code) / Rafal Dudek @RafalDudek (Graphics) / Michal 'Caruso' Brzezicki (Sound) | Video Only (20230422) No Public Binary | Listing Updated: Apr 23, 2023

Updated WIP:

• Like 1

Added to WIP:

Updated WIP:

• Tony (A8) by Krzysztof Dudek @xxl and Rafał Chabowski @mgr_inz_rafal (Code) / Rafal Dudek @RafalDudek (Graphics) / Michal 'Caruso' Brzezicki (Sound) | Video Only (20230425) No Public Binary | Listing Updated: Apr 25, 2023
  • Like 1