IGNORED

Atari 8-Bit/5200 Homebrew Games Released/Completed/WIP in 2023

Updated Completed:

Moved to Completed:

Added to WIP:

Updated WIP:

5 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Der Schränker 3 (A8) by Janko Grewe @Kveldulfur (Code) / Thomas Allen (Music) / Matiasosa (Title Music) / Dr. Peter Prodehl (Spieletest) | Video Only (20230501) No Public Binary | NOTE: Part of ABBUC Software Contest 2022

Make this ABBUC Software Contest 2023 with the URL https://forums.atariage.com/topic/350228-abbuc-software-contest-2023/

;)

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Moved to Completed:

Updated Completed:

Updated WIP:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Philsan said:

First public beta version of Andrea Cucchetto's Space Taxi conversion is available in the Italian language website dedicated to Atari 8-bit computers: https://www.santellocco.com/atari/spacetaxi.htm

The bug you found (and another one) has been corrected.

You're mentioned in the documentation!

Thanks Philsan! 🙂 It's such an extreme honour to be mentioned in the manual of an official port of Space Taxi, one of my favourite games!

8 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

Couple of games I don't think have been seen which I've spied over at Fandal's site from a May news update just gone up:

A1rlock - 2023 text adventure: https://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=8452

Plan B version 2(?) arcade 2023 version of the BBC port: https://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=8451

Thank you so much for the links, Tanya and I were away for a couple of days for our anniversary. Time to catch up on all the new releases!

- James

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Thanks Philsan! 🙂 It's such an extreme honour to be mentioned in the manual of an official port of Space Taxi, one of my favourite games!

You deserved it because you were good at finishing all the levels (but one, therefore Andrea decided to make it easier) and you found a bug.

Not so good at pronouncing my name but that is an hard task... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Added to Completed:

Updated WIP:

Added to Physical Release:

Added to Completed:

WIP Updated:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, shanti77 said:

Trax new video

@shanti77 Looking amazing. Serious kudos! Would love to see the weapons/armour shopfront progress at some stage. :) You showed us some teasers the other month and it looks very promising. That's of course unless you are keeping a lot underwraps for a big reveal! ;) 

Apologies for temporarily hijacking the Zeropage thread but whilst on the subject of this excellent in development game....

Hope you don't mind but just a few observations/suggestions as I know this far into coding you will obviously have a development game plan, and I don't know how closely you might be sticking to perhaps say the classic Chaos engine game which is obviously a big influence. Plus of course you are limited to coding space if you are aiming for a particular celing, (128K+ A8's, or perhaps even 64k?)

For example is that it would be cool if an element of puzzle solving/strategy was introduced. For example rather than having keys on display next to the areas they unlock, you have them hidden. Or, like the excellent A8 game Flob, grabbing/reaching an item (key or otherwise), unlocks an area on another part of the map. Perhaps you only get a key once you defeat a particular heavily armed enemy in an area? Or perhaps you can only defeat said enemy once you have found a particular weapon.  I know you already have to shoot gates to either destroy them or activate them to progress.

Talking of weapons, (where I am now of course getting carried away so again forgive my enthusiam), but you could go wild with things like freeze rays to temporarily stop enemies in their tracks for a few seconds. Or even as I've also previously mentioned in the past the ability to collect or buy traps and proximity mines to lay in strategic places, as part of the gameplay. These would be cool in such as engine as this, and again given another element to the collect and shoot aspect.

Again humour me as I am getting carried away here. (I was almost gonna stray into the realms of Duke nukem with shrink rays (mannnn I used to love the Duke shrink ray!) :) 

As shown in your video I really like the change in the colour set you see when entering other areas of the map.  It would look cool as an indication you have gone inside an area (bunker for example).

i think the graphics and animation are looking amazing here and you are really pushing the A8, (as you always do) :) Again you may well have plans which you are keeping secret for now, but what would elevate a game engine such as this from the "collect and shoot" engine would be elements of puzzle solving, strategy, levelling up, and hidden aspects. I'd also love to see end of level bosses in an engine like this.

Keep up the good work and whatever emerges will surely be fanastic. :)

Added to Physical Release:

Updated WIP:

• Like 1