IGNORED

New FujiNet-Flasher Coming soon

Coming soon to a FujiNet near you is an updated FujiNet-Flasher. Here's the nitty gritty:

• Baud rate can now be set by the user but the default is 460800. Previously, the default baud rate was 921600 but due to some unforeseen circumstances, we need to lower it. All firmware released thus far has used the higher baud and all new firmware going forward will use the lower 460800 baud. You can still use the old flasher to update the firmware, but debug output will just display garbage so you should get the latest when it's available.
  • I've added a check so that if you try to install a firmware that is larger than the detected flash size on your fujinet, it will throw an error and stop. Some folks are using custom hardware and there are some other platforms using the smaller 8MB DEVKITC board but the "official" Atari FujiNet has 16MB built in.
  • FujiNet Flasher now has a version check. When run, the flasher checks fujinet.online for the most current version and will display a message that you should update if a newer one is available, otherwise it will display the version you are running. This was added since there are multiple platforms and so many different places to try and get the word out about an updated version. Now, the flasher will just let you know.

At the moment, the only firmware using the new baud rate is the latest Apple II firmware. When the new flash tool is officially released, all platforms will get a new firmware release. In the mean time, if you would like to test it, you can. The new flash tool is tagged v1.4.0 and is available at https://fujinet.online/firmware in the FujiNet-Flasher dir. You can flash firmware at any baud, then set the baud to 921600 and click the Serial Debug Output button to use the debug monitor. Please report any issues here or in the #fujinet-flasher channel on our Discord server.

Thanks and happy Fujinetting!

993146504_Screenshotfrom2023-01-0116-12-24.thumb.png.6654aada8d63e5912b13665db11bbb88.png image.thumb.png.d209077f3460c8d2c902699f351c8745.png

Edited by mozzwald
add images
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MichaG said:

I've just tested the win-x64-version and it works, but the prompt in the console window was doing funny things (deleting the lines from bottom to top). Finaly it showed cryptical log-messages.

Thanks for the test report. Which OS did you test with? I vaguely remember the deleting lines thing when the flasher was updated quite a while ago. I will investigate. 

The "cryptical log messages" are due to the serial monitor baud rate being incorrect which is noted in my first post. After flashing, change the baud rate to 921600 and click the serial debug output button to restart the serial monitor at the correct speed. The next firmware release will not require the baud change as it will be set in the firmware to 460800.

The line deletion issue was also happening for me - "Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22621.963]" according to command prompt.  I also get no GUI or logging info to the console when specifying command line arguments.  I have to pipe output to a file.  This is with the last 3 versions of the flasher.

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

The line deletion issue was also happening for me - "Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22621.963]" according to command prompt.  I also get no GUI or logging info to the console when specifying command line arguments.  I have to pipe output to a file.  This is with the last 3 versions of the flasher.

Thanks for the info. When the wife wasn't looking I tested on her win11 machine and confirmed the problems. Issues created on github https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-flasher/issues

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Back to working on this again.

On 1/3/2023 at 5:17 PM, Stephen said:

get no GUI or logging info to the console when specifying command line arguments

I've added a button to the gui for selecting a custom firmware file that should eliminate the need to run from command line and be a "fix" for the windows command line not displaying anything. The builds are available on github for testing. Note, the new flasher will show that you should upgrade (actually downgrade :D ) for the time being until I update the website.

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-flasher/actions/runs/3996693873

• Thanks 3

EDIT: I ran the flasher with root privileges, and it actually worked. I successfully updated to the November 6th firmware.

I tried using the 1.4.0 release, following the link in the first post. It does not run. My system is substantially the same as during every other attempt like this (x86-64 Fedora 37, kernel version 6.0.18)

[evie@neonlicht FujiNet-Flasher-v1.4.0_linux-x64]$ ./FujiNet-Flasher 
GLib-GIO-Message: 13:01:06.613: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend.  Your settings will not be saved or shared with other applications.

(FujiNet-Flasher:221077): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: 13:01:06.613: Settings schema 'org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.xsettings' does not contain a key named 'antialiasing'
Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)

Edited by TheHoboInYourRoom
  • Thanks 1