IGNORED

Altirra 4.10 released

phaeron

Thank You so much for all the updates last year.

Some are just genius!!

The editable memory window and the updated disassembly are my favorites though.

Love the Disassembly where you can follow the program easier with Expand and Contract.

This makes my Atari experience so much more fun and better!!

Hope You had a Merry Christmas and now a great New Year!,

With great respect,

Doug

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, snicklin said:

Not so serious bug report: Copyright on AltirraOS screen only goes up to 2022!

While I invariably miss a year somewhere, this one's intended -- I didn't rev AltirraOS for the 4.10 final release, so it's still the same version and copyright year as before.

• Like 1

That's the joy with Altirra, someone who just wants to play a few games can normally get the gist of what to do very quickly (if they use the pre-created profiles, then more or less instantly). For the more adventurous wanting to add devices then its a piece of cake. For the dirty rotten hacker types who like to cheat stuff, I have the simple to use cheat system or I can dive in to the debugger even though I'm used to a simple machine code monitor, I can still hunt around. And then for the programmer types, the debugger opens the heart of the Atari in ways they could not have thought possible back in the day.

It's got something for everyone...From playing games, to making the games..

Genius work Avery..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, serj said:

phaeron, emulator crashes when running Robbo or Robbo 2 games using Altirra OS

Looks like the deferred vblank routine setup at $C28A is incorrect.

Redundant 'KIL' instruction?

Doesn't need to Push/Restore A and X as this was done but the immediate VB.

Calls RTI rather than jumping to XITVBV.

image.png.4b19d8dfdf4d7b75834dae3f654a13f5.png

[Edit]

Ah, so this in the XL OS is the location of the XITVBV routine, so perhaps something has made an assumption about that when setting the Deferred Vector?

image.png.68829f4c5f60cf982f7e2df4e786346c.png 

Edited by Wrathchild
  • Like 2

Hello there o/

Perhaps this has already been implemented or suggested earlier, but I did not find any mentions and I will try to formulate my idea:

Often, in the names of files that are opened with Altirra, in addition to the name itself and the mention of the authors, there is additional technical information in the TOSEC format.

It would be really cool if Altirra could enable session mode, the parameters of which would be taken from the file name. That is, they were applied only when this file was launched, but did not change the global settings.

For example:

if [BASIC] is present in the file name, this means that you need to enable it (start without holding OPTION).

If [128k] is present in the file name, then this memory mode must be set to 128 Kb.

If [OS-B] is encountered, then you need to install the appropriate ROM.

Well, and so on, I think the general idea is clear.

6 minutes ago, LessNick said:

Hello there o/

Perhaps this has already been implemented or suggested earlier, but I did not find any mentions and I will try to formulate my idea:

Often, in the names of files that are opened with Altirra, in addition to the name itself and the mention of the authors, there is additional technical information in the TOSEC format.

It would be really cool if Altirra could enable session mode, the parameters of which would be taken from the file name. That is, they were applied only when this file was launched, but did not change the global settings.

For example:

if [BASIC] is present in the file name, this means that you need to enable it (start without holding OPTION).

If [128k] is present in the file name, then this memory mode must be set to 128 Kb.

If [OS-B] is encountered, then you need to install the appropriate ROM.

Well, and so on, I think the general idea is clear.

maybe not part of altirra but rather as an altirra file selector/launcher util that passes all of it to the command line, Not far from best games pack front end, that's not something Phaeron would have to do though, as anyone could make such things if they wanted to.

Edited by _The Doctor__

2 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

maybe not part of altirra but rather as an altirra file selector/launcher util that passes all of it to the command line, Not far from best games pack front end, that's not something Phaeron would have to do though, as anyone could make such things if they wanted to.

I don't quite understand what utilities are talking about. 

I click on the icon in Windows and the associated program is launched.

The only parameter that can be passed there is the file name, or even more precisely the path to the file that was clicked on.