IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

Start of not so great new year.  Mom passing away right in between X-Mas and the New Year.  Improper handling of her estate by her other half.  And now a completely shattered left elbow (surgery/plate/screws/reconstruction) just over a week ago.  Going to be in a cast for 5/6 months along with all the physio afterwards.  Making time with my retro computer systems and gaming next to impossible --- AARRGGHH!!!

• Sad 6

3 ore fa, Torrax ha detto:

Inizio di un nuovo anno non eccezionale. La mamma muore proprio tra Natale e Capodanno. Gestione impropria del suo patrimonio da parte della sua altra metà. E ora un gomito sinistro completamente frantumato (chirurgia/placca/viti/ricostruzione) poco più di una settimana fa. Sarò ingessato per 5/6 mesi insieme a tutta la fisioterapia successiva. Passare il tempo con i miei computer retrò e giocare quasi impossibile --- AARRGGHH!!!

Torrax.. intanto condoglianze per tua madre.. e coraggio per quello che verrà.. spero anche che tu ti riprenda presto dall'infortunio.. Per il resto.. posso solo dirti che non ho mai tempo per anche i nostri retro-gioielli, per vari motivi.. ma penso sempre che per la nostra passione (i computer retrò) arriverà sicuramente il momento! chi può farci del male? niente!😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 9:13 AM, mizapf said:

Look at the size of that thing!

I have been growing out my hair for three years now.  An old gf asked to see what it looks like, and when I sent her the pic she says, "I can't believe it's so long!"  I told her, "If I had a nickel for every time I heard that," and she quickly replied "You'd be in debt."

• Haha 5

On 2/26/2023 at 10:09 AM, jrhodes said:

Everytime this year that they say a storm is coming our way, it goes around us. Would love a good all-day n' all-night storm.

Last night the USA sent a snow storm to Canada for a change. :) 

We got a bunch of snow and something very odd, Lightning and thunder in a snowstorm.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, FarmerPotato said:

The engineer in me appreciates this intersection in Austin, TX.

IMG_5989.png.2db7869d191a897134c6b8daf868eaae.png

Ha, I've ridden my bike through that very intersection many times.  The cross street is Howard Lane, and there's a greenbelt that dumps out right near that intersection, then I usually take Metric down to Parmer Lane to get to Walnut Creek Park.  I do think it odd how many roads in Austin change names like this at an intersection.  Here it is on a map:

Screenshot 2023-03-07 at 10.38.34 PM.png

You can see the southern portion of the greenbelt trail at the top of the image where it crosses Thermal.

..Al

• Like 3