IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

Everything else on my phone is fluff: phone games are too limited or simply too primitive and brain dead to be of any interest on such a platform, and the apps are too limited by the tiny screen real estate to be of real frequent use.

I only like ONE game that came pre-loaded on my phone, an Electronic Arts version of Tetris, the other games are cripple ware and I want to remove them, but I cannot seem to figure out how to to that! Of course this AtariAge siteit totally FUBAR on my phones browser, so I wait until I get home to answer anything.... but it's sure nice to get the email about the replies!

Is your phone unlocked and/or de-branded? Some carriers block out certain functionality. AT&T, for instance, disables the C905a WiFi in their firmware. Several Sprint phones will not accept OBEX from other devices, and some have the Bluetooth locked down to nothing but an earpiece.

I seriously doubt it! I've not done it, and I've only had the phone for a month. I went with the cheapest plan I could find (without a contract) and that was the Virgin Mobile "PayLo" plan. I get 1,500 minutes, 1,500 texts and 30meg of data per month. With 5 days left in my first month I've only used 78 talk minutes!

I do not know the first thing about how to unlock it, or even if I did, if the phone would still work or not afterwards. I'm afraid I'm a total Noob when it comes to dorking around with cellphones.

Okay, I did a little research on your phone. The best I can tell, your phone supports 3gp and 3gpp encapsulation (.3gp, .3g2) as well as mp4. There is a profile add-on in Mobile Media Converter called "Samsung Restore" which seems like it will provide the mp4 format for you in a 3g2 container. I have not been able to dig up anything specific on the format requirements, yet. Give that one a try. I am not sure how you are copying over to the phone, but I would try copying them directly to your SD card to save time.

• Like 1

There is a profile add-on in Mobile Media Converter called "Samsung Restore" which seems like it will provide the mp4 format for you in a 3g2 container. I have not been able to dig up anything specific on the format requirements, yet. Give that one a try.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yeeeesssssssssssssssss!

It worked! THANK YOU! :)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You know what would be neat, JUST FOR KICKS...

If someone with the ability saved a TI-Program to MP3 format, that people could stick in their cellphones.

This way even people without a P-Box, Nano or even cassette player could still play around a little.

It might even suck them in enough to upgrade!

What program do you want? I have been doing that now for the past year or so. I have a connector for my Sony Ericsson which allows me to connect the CS1 cable directly to my phone. I have some problem with the volume, but running the wav source file through sox first helps, then I use lame to encode using vbr (variable bit rate.) Works damn well.

Mind, I have cheated a little bit. I use CS1er to convert files I use in Classic99 to wav. Those do not need manipulation in sox before encoding to mp3. What I try to do is sample a cassette into CS1er to create a FIAD, then I can re-save that as a wav.

I do not know if there are any collections like this already, but I am interested in obtaining tapes and converting them to re-encoded wav, flac, and mp3 files. I am getting ready for a test this weekend, so perhaps next weekend I will attempt a first run using a couple of the Adventure tapes I have.

What program do you want?

I have been doing that now for the past year or so.

What program? I've really not given it much thought, almost anything YOU think is GOOD, would work for me. I'll start keeping an eye out for a cassette cables on Ebay. Once you send an MP3 that you say works, I'll buy the cable. For me it's mostly for the sake of being able to do it, as my Nano does almost everything I want at this point... but I do like to experiment. :-D

It looks like you have quite a few hoops you have to jump through to make a viable MP3, that takes dedication! If you do make a library, I'm sure there will be people who find it useful, especially those with just the basic console that's been in a closet for years.

The TI has a way of sucking people back in little by little, the cassette option is a good start.

Thanks again, I look forward to being surprised by your choice of program.

The TI99/4A has two major disadvantages they are 32K Memory and Composite Video.

Memory does make up for lower quality video by allowing more functions to appear better.

LOL by the way Kevan that is like declaring a no free speech week.

• Like 1

The TI99/4A has two major disadvantages they are 32K Memory and Composite Video.

Memory does make up for lower quality video by allowing more functions to appear better.

LOL by the way Kevan that is like declaring a no free speech week.

1) It's a 30+ year old computer, it is what it is. It's a hobby and nostalgia for me.

I'm amazed at what people have been able to do with the memory limitation.

2) Composite video is not really an issue anymore, ANYONE can easily upgrade if they wish.

3) Not at all, if it's on the proper thread.

Hey OLD CS1,

I might be typing that into my TI soon. I should have my cassette cable on Friday, so I'll be ready for whatever you throw at me! :)

I'm looking forward to playing!

I should be able to give a couple a go this weekend for you. All the ones I have now are my own personal programs.

. . .and the wolf huffed, and he puffed, and he blew the house down. Looks like it is time for a good pig roast! ;) Looks like we need a good conversion of Pooyan on the TI (and not just the ported Tomy Tutor version that only runs on the Geneve). Maybe I should look at that code and see if I can read out the other 17 Tomy Pyuuta carts I have and convert them for the Geneve too. Barry Boone mentioned that it was a pretty easy process when I asked him about it a few years ago.

Edited by Ksarul

1) It's a 30+ year old computer, it is what it is. It's a hobby and nostalgia for me.

I'm amazed at what people have been able to do with the memory limitation.

2) Composite video is not really an issue anymore, ANYONE can easily upgrade if they wish.

3) Not at all, if it's on the proper thread.

So let me get the logic straight here.

The TI is over 30 years old and we can purchase of a update card for the VGA video is fine.

But suggestions of fixing the memory limitations is off limits and rejected? (RAM or VDP expansions rejected)

Double standard seems to be the logic here.

By the way the memory limitations of the VGA Card was part of what I was talking about, but rejected.

Now I understand the reason as the card is not for the TI ONLY but other classic computers that use the same 9918, this is SALES not a TI topic.

Upgrades are good, but I prefer mine with software that already exists as there are programs for the AMS, SAMS, TIM, SEVA, and EVA and none for this new card.

That is the double standard plain and simple Kevan.

That is the double standard plain and simple Kevan.

There is no double standard at all. The F18A IS available, so people do care and give it the time of day. The SAMS card, or anything remotely like it, is unobtainable to the "REAL TI" (un-emulated) masses... so who gives a rip. I'm not going to waste my energy on something that does not exist. If you start making SAMS cards (like someone else suggested) and start selling them so people can actually buy one, people might start listening. You work 100% of the time in an EMULATED ENVIRONMENT, so you can create whatever NON-TI environment you want, that's cool, but I don't care. If it's not available on my TI, I'm not going to care or waste any time on it.

I'm done with this topic, I do not want to argue something that has no meaning to me.