IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2023)

carlsson

Here are my times for this past week (May 15th through 21st) on modern systems:

Browser-based:

Flashbert - 80 minutes

Flashbert is a Flash version of Q*bert (which apparently still works on Windows 10) which seems to be pretty good on the surface, but if you play it for longer, you start to realize its downfalls... first, the only enemies are Coily and red balls. And they are coming down in huge numbers on later rounds. The rounds themselves, though, only go to #6 and then repeat, with the end-of-round bonus going back down from 2250 to 1000 points. Actually, there's only the simplest "level" where if you change a cube to the destination color, it stays that way. There are no Levels 2, 3, 4 and 5 in that respect where you'd have to jump on each cube multiple times to have it take on the destination color. Consequently, the game doesn't introduce the levels either. And another bug is that if you start a new game after failing once, the difficulty level (rate of falling red balls) doesn't revert to the easiest setting no which it was, but stays the way it was previous to Game Over,. And sometimes if the level is crowded with red balls, Coily fails to hatch and simply disappears for the rest of the level instead. Well, at least the game gets a little easier during that perios since you only have to deal with the masses of red balls now.

• Like 5

This week I played:

Suikoden III for Playstation 2 - 903 minutes

progress:

I completed Chapters 2 and 3 of Geddoe's story, then saved my game on three files. On one file I completed Chapter 4 as Hugo while recruiting the rest of the available characters. On the second file I completed Chapter 4 as Chris while recruiting the rest of the available characters. Next I will choose Geddoe on the third file and complete it with him. This way I can experience the alternate points of view this time.

• Like 5

On 5/10/2023 at 10:33 AM, wongojack said:

I have started to get deeper in.  What's your gamertag?  Mine is Wongojack.  I will look for your Rivals times.  I am actually focusing on Class D right now - LOL.  I don't really do Twitch, but I guess I can find you there too. 

Sorry.  Haven't been around here much lately.  (Even after saying I would get back to recording times...)  And haven't really been on Forza a lot lately either.  I hopped on a bit the other day to do some of the weekly challenges, but not enough to get a car even.   lol

Gamertag is ControlIssue619.  ControlIssues on Twitch if you ever want to see what I'm doing over there.  Mainly only stream on Wednesdays between around 9am and 4pm Central.  Next week, I'm considering playing World Court Tennis for the TG-16, but we'll see.

• Like 2

XOne 

Fallout Shelter 676 

Forza Horizon 5 1443 

Hi Fi Rush 87 

It Takes Two 120 

Out of Space 43

It was a heavy week for me with lots of Forza Horizon 5 broken up by lots of Fallout Shelter and some other co-op games (and a little Hi-Fi Rush in there too).  I got sucked into tuning in Forza which kept me trying different configurations of various cars based mostly on cars that I've actually owned.  I really need to play on a different platform to reduce the load times.  Fallout Shelter is a "free-to-play" single player simulation game where you control a vault and kinda make decisions for the dwellers.  It is sort of like The Sims and Fallout had a baby and it is displayed from the perspective of Little Computer People.

• Like 4

For me:

Apple iOS:

Duolingo - 156 minutes

IMG_5437.thumb.jpeg.effe0136eba329f7d7d3a88b2eb0dcaf.jpeg

Pikmin Bloom - 631 minutes

Nintendo 3DS:

Fairune 2 - 10 minutes

Nintendo Switch:

Caverns of Mars Recharged - 15 minutes

Rainbow Billy and the Leviathan’s Curse - 20 minutes

Tetris 99 - 20 minutes

And I recommissioned:

Sony PlayStation 3:

3D Dot Game Heroes - 15 minutes

Pinball Dreams - 20 minutes

IMG_5671.thumb.jpeg.e8a59127e813c281d7ad321402a9543c.jpeg
If I understand right this is the same executable I played on Vita, so what platform should it count as? Hmm.

• Like 3

Week 20

Top games

1. Forza Horizon 5 (Xbox One) - 1443 min. (#1)
2. Suikoden III (PS2) - 903 min. (#3)
3. Fallout Shelter (Xbox One) - 676 min.
4. Pikmin Bloom (iOS) - 631 min. (#2)
5. Survive (Android) - 200 min.
6. Retro Bowl (Android) - 160 min. (#8)
7. Duolingo (iOS) - 156 min. (#4)
8. Star Wars RL Rogue Squadron II (Gamecube) - 128 min.
9. It Takes Two (Xbox One) - 120 min.
10. Hi Fi Rush (Xbox One) - 87 min.

Top systems

1. Xbox One (5 games) - 2369 min. (#1)
2. PS2 (1 game) - 903 min. (#4)
3. iOS (2 games) - 787 min. (#2)
4. Android (7 games) - 460 min. (#3)
5. Gamecube (1 game) - 128 min.
6. Browser based (1 game) - 80 min.
7. Switch (3 games) - 55 min. (#6)
8. PS3 (2 games) - 35 min.
9. DS (1 game) - 15 min.
10. 3DS (1 game) - 10 min.

Total 4842 minutes and 24 different games (of which 6 new) on 10 different systems, with 7 participants.

Forza Horizon 5 and the Xbox One remain their respective first places, with Suikoden III as overall second in both lists since it is the only PS2 game to have been played.

No records broken except that Pikmin Bloom (iOS) moves ahead Alien: Isolation (Switch) by a margin of 63 minutes and is the new all-time #9. While 17368 minutes is impressive, for 8th place there are another 4700+ minutes to catch up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This week I played:

Suikoden III for Playstation 2 - 2,151 minutes

progress: I completed Chapter 4 on my file for Geddoe as Flame Champion, then went back to my Hugo file and completed his Chapter 5, leveling up all of the characters to at least level 50 in the process. I also played through Luc's story (Chapter 6) immediately after, which is pretty simple in comparison to the main game. I didn't stop there. I loaded up my save file for Chris as the Flame Champion and have made it far into her Chapter 5. I am currently leveling up all the characters again.

• Like 3

More on the classic side this week, I think.

Arcade:

Gunbarich - 15 minutes

IMG_5751.thumb.jpeg.a8974ac41ac97931f4a4d491371985bc.jpeg

Gunbird - 25 minutes

IMG_5749.thumb.jpeg.30220c77692c80f2c54e306d33760bdd.jpeg

Apple iOS:

Duolingo - 177 minutes

IMG_6066.thumb.jpeg.2567bc3a50d32884e8a06baad1099ecd.jpeg

Somebody asked who the final boss was. I said, I think I am…

Pikmin Bloom - 479 minutes

IMG_6136.thumb.jpeg.346bc8859e396b6c3936770ec6fc7d45.jpeg

It’s looking like I won’t get the complete set this time.

EDIT: I did. Just in the nick of time.

Nintendo Switch:

Caverns of Mars Recharged - 10 minutes

Dream Gallery - 10 minutes

For a Vast Future - 40 minutes

Necroworm - 10 minutes

Bought in a bundle because the other game in the bundle was cheaper that way. Essentially they paid me to download this and after playing it I understand why.

Tetris 99 - 20 minutes

Sony PlayStation 3:

3D Dot Game Heroes - 125 minutes

IMG_5783.thumb.jpeg.b1f9957c6efd039952d16bdbaca1333c.jpeg

• Like 3

Week 21

Top games

1. Suikoden III (PS2) - 2151 min. (#2)
2. Forza Horizon 5 (Xbox One) - 622 min. (#1)
3. Pikmin Bloom (iOS) - 479 min. (#4)
4. Duolingo (iOS) - 177 min. (#7)
5. 3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) - 125 min.
6. Fallout Shelter (PC) - 105 min.
7. Star Wars RL Rogue Squadron II (Gamecube) - 92 min. (#8)
8. Retro Bowl (Android) - 55 min. (#6)
9. Fallout Shelter (Xbox One) - 50 min. (#3)
9. Picross 3D (DS) - 50 min.

Top systems

1. PS2 (1 game) - 2151 min. (#2)
2. Xbox One (2 games) - 672 min. (#1)
3. iOS (2 games) - 656 min. (#3)
4. PS3 (1 game) - 125 min. (#8)
5. Switch (6 games) - 122 min. (#7)
6. PC (1 game) - 105 min.
7. Gamecube (1 game) - 92 min. (#5)
8. Android (2 games) - 65 min. (#4)
9. DS (1 game) - 50 min. (#9)
10. Arcade (2 games) - 40 min.

Total 4078 minutes and 19 different games (of which 6 new) on 10 different systems, with 6 participants.

Last week, Forza Horizon 5 was 540 min ahead of Suikoden III. This week the tables have turned, and Suikoden III is 1529 min ahead Forza Horizon 5. A similar situation happens on the system side, though over there the iOS is a mere 16 minutes behind the Xbox One in second place.

Suikoden III (PS2) enters the 150 Hours (9000 minutes) club with a total of 10523 min. There now are 33 games with more than 150 hours played, which equals 1.35% of all games entered in this tracker. That old meme about "you can't call yourself a real gamer if you haven't invested at least 200 hours in a single game" seems to not really hold waters, unless of course barely none of us around here are real gamers...

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

This week I played:

Sonic World DX Version 1 for PC - 123 minutes

Suikoden III for Playstation 2 - 795 minutes

Progress:

Sonic World DX Version 1 - 1.1.2 is a new update patch to Sonic World DX Version 1 that was just released. The save files from previous updates of Version 1 are supposedly incompatible, so I just started a new file. 1.1.2 has fixed some but not all level design bugs and has also added unlockable costumes for characters in the game and backward compatibility with Sonic World legacy character mods (ones compatible with R9 and earlier). Without adding any mods to the game yet, I just spent time getting at least one emblem in each of the levels as Sonic alone (except Worst Cave until I've built up many more lives). What I am probably going to do is create a separate folder for the game with mods added and leave this one alone just to see how much I can unlock without extras.

Unlike R9 (rev 2), I think with Sonic World DX I am just going to do one file and use whatever characters I feel like instead of doing separate files because I can still play every level as each character if I want. I might also go back to R9 (rev 2) and just do that as well with whichever character's file already has more S rank emblems earned. I'm guessing it would be Tails. After all, some characters wouldn't be able to start a new game because they aren't unlocked until later. Sonic World DX's new way to unlock characters that was added in this update is done by earning unlock tokens. From there you can just unlock characters in any order you want by spending the tokens. So like if you just really want to play as Ray or Mighty for example, you could just earn a few tokens as the first 5 characters you start with and unlock them first. They still have a long way to go in officially re-adding the large cast of characters from Sonic World R9.

Suikoden III - I completed Chapter 5 with Chris as the Flame Champion and re-completed Chapter 6 as Luc to see the alternate storyline interactions from Chris being the leader, then started Chapter 5 with Geddoe as the Flame Champion. This is my last file. I am at the point where each of the three main characters have done their mandatory part and am just training all the characters to at least level 50 again so I can have an easy time in the final major war battle again.

Edited by TheGameCollector
  • Like 2

DS 
Picross 3d 121 

GBA 

F-Zero GP Legend 16 

F-Zero Maximum Velocity 16 

Game & Watch Gallery 4 128 

GT Advance 24 

GT Advance 3 4 

Hot Wheels Velocity X 8 

Hot Wheels World Race 12 

Mario Kart Super Circuit 15 

Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed 11 

Racing Gears Advance 77 

Top Gear Rally 7 

PC 

Fallout Shelter 110

Xbox One 

Fallout Shelter 38 

Forza Horizon 5 264 

Out of Space 40 

I was travelling this week. so I ended up playing a bunch of handheld games via both original media and emulation.  Racing Gears Advance was a really nice surprise.  It is a great little racing game that got me almost immediately hooked!

• Like 3