IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2023)

carlsson

A fun week for gaming this week! I spent a lot of it setting up and configuring an Anbernic RG35XX and a Retroid Pocket 3+ to my liking and testing out games, but once I got them all set up I played through Max Payne for the Game Boy Advance then started in on the original Sonic the Hedgehog :)

1281528284_20230320113442_IMG_10572.thumb.JPG.955455db937bf3bb45f07ab9570f1187.JPG

Ineligible

Ms. Pac-Man (Atari 7800) - 10 minutes 

Shanghai Pocket (Game Boy Color) - 19 minutes 

Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Genesis) - 85 minutes

Game Boy Advance 

Max Payne - 217 minutes

• Like 3

Another valedictory week for the 3DS:

Apple iOS:

Duolingo - 41 minutes

Pikmin Bloom - 350 minutes

Nintendo 3DS:

Color Zen - 17 minutes

Gotcha Racing - 20 minutes

KAROUS - The Beast of ReEden - - 47 minutes

Pokemon Picross - 214 minutes

Steel Diver: Sub Wars - 151 minutes

Streetpass Mii Plaza - 67 minutes

Vector Racing - 32 minutes

Nintendo DSi:

Metal Torrent - 27 minutes

Nintendo GameCube:

XGRA III - 15 minutes

Nintendo Switch:

Caverns of Mars Recharged - 20 minutes

Tetris 99 - 15 minutes

• Like 4

Week 11

Top games

1. Idol Manager (PC) - 875 min.
2. Idol Manager (Switch) - 865 min.
3. Steamworld Dig 2 (3DS) - 721 min.
4. Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 (Mary Skelter: Nightmares) (PS4) - 422 min. (#4)
5. Forza Horizon 5 (Xbox One) - 360 min. (#2)
6. Pikmin Bloom (iOS) - 350 min. (#5)
7. Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA) - 330 min.
8. Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) - 317 min. (#1)
9. Mario Kart Super Circuit (GBA) - 242 min.
10. Dreams (PS4) - 220 min.

Top systems

1. 3DS (8 games) - 1269 min. (#2)
2. PC (15 games) - 1244 min. (#7)
3. GBA (5 games) - 1024 min. (#3)
4. PS4 (3 games) - 959 min. (#1)
5. Switch (3 games) - 900 min. (#5)
6. iOS (2 games) - 391 min. (#6)
7. Xbox One (1 game) - 360 min. (#4)
8. Xbox Series S/X (2 games) - 256 min. (#10)
9. Android (4 games) - 205 min. (#9)
10. Gamecube (2 games) - 63 min. (#8)

Total 6698 minutes and 46 different games (of which 17 new) on 11 different systems, with 9 participants.

Idol Manager doubles up in the top, with minutes evenly shared between the PC and Switch versions. Steamworld Dig 2 is the only 3DS game to make the individual list, but together the 8 different titles bring it to become the most played one, just ahead of the PC.

No significant changes to the all-time stats, though Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 is just two hours short of catching up on Kangokuto Mary Skelter Finale, both PS4 versions. From there the step into the all-time top 10 is another 1100 minutes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday and today's (3/21 and 3/22/2023) totals:

Android

1) Retro Bowl - 40 minutes

2) Pinball Deluxe: Reloaded - 15 minutes

3) Horizon Chase - 20 minutes

GBA

1) Mike Tyson's Boxing - 15 minutes

2) Dan Doh!! Tobase Shouri no Smile Shot - 50 minutes

• Like 4

Not much here. R-Type Final 3 Evolved is here, which is not to be confused with R-Type Final 2, which is the same game, but R-Type Final 2 will eventually become R-Type Final 3, but it won't become Evolved, which is separate. Are you confused yet?

PC
Andro Dunos II - 96

PS4
Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition - 1,239
Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 - 273

Sonic Colors: Ultimate - 105

PS5

R-Type Final 3 Evolved - 540

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

Hey hey - it was a big week for me as we had the Texas Pinball festival here in DFW.  This is an annual show that must be the biggest weekend pinball event in the world.  The show has changed a lot over the years.  It is bigger now but has kind of turned into a trade show with lots of shops that make pinball machines bringing them for sale.  When I first started going, Stern would make a movie licensed game every year.  Now there are more than half a dozen companies brining multiple new tables each year, and the prices keep going up.  I'm sorta wondering if Pinball economics will cool off a bit next year, but we'll see.

PC 

Another Lost Phone: Laura's Story 26 

Archibald's Adventures 51 

ASCII Attack 20 

Pinball Arcade, The 47 

Pinball FX3 67 

Rollers of the Realm 55 

Voodoo Dice 11 

You Have to Win the Game 62 

PS4 

Pinball Arcade, The 38 

Here's a list of all the Pinball machines I played 

Aliens

Baywatch 

Beerfest 

Big Lebowski 

Demolition Man 

Doctor Who 

Dukes of Hazzard <- Homebrew project based on Firepower (I think)

Evil Knievel 

F14 Tomcat 

Fish Tales 

Foo Fighters 

Galaxy 

Getaway 

Godfather <- Brand new from Jersey Jack Pinball

Harlem Globetrotters 

Harley D 

Hurricane 

JB you only live twice <- Comes in multiple art themes (like Dr No, Diamonds are Forever) with same playfield

League of Legends <- Homebrew project

Mandalorian 

Merry Go Round 

Night Rider <- No not THAT Knight Rider

Rick Morty

Scooby Doo <- Crazy new, had to wait in long lines to play it 

Six Mil Dollar Man 

Star Trek (Abrams) 

Star Trek (Next Gen) 

Toy Story 4 <- Another new one

Terminator 2 

Time Zone 

Queen <- Another new machine

Ultimorphic Lexy Lightspeed 

Vegas 

Victory 

Willy Wonka <- Gene Wilder references only

Sadly, I took no pictures this year, so that's boring, but here's a picture of KISS pinball from last year:  PXL_20220326_000047203.jpg (onedrive.com)

• Like 5

So, finished both of them. Dig 2 was first. I managed to get all the maps to 100% and tried the optional trials a few times but my skills were not sufficient. Game length was okay, but I still wished there could have been more. 

As for Metal Arms, to final battle was fought yesterday. Such a good game. I might go back and play the best levels again for some extra secret chips.

After months of mulling about, I decided to jailbreak my Super NT, so I think SNES should be back next week. 

GAMECUBE

Metal Arms: Glitch in the System - 344 min

NINTENDO 3DS

Steamworld Dig 2 - 147 min

Edited by Wayler
  • Like 5

One game again...

XBox One

Forza Horizon 5 - 300 min (Mainly just worked on the weekly things.  Messed with some rivals, but didn't bother with it too much.  Went to my sister's house yesterday and was talking to my brother-in-law.  He has a PS5 and was talking about Gran Turismo.  So I was talking about Forza.  He had never heard of it.  So he was there on his phone looking at what it was.  I was saying "Forza Horizon 5" and I think he was thinking of Horizon Zero Dawn or something and was asking if it was a fantasy or sci fi game or something.  lol)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, wongojack said:

Hey hey - it was a big week for me as we had the Texas Pinball festival here in DFW.  This is an annual show that must be the biggest weekend pinball event in the world.  The show has changed a lot over the years.  It is bigger now but has kind of turned into a trade show with lots of shops that make pinball machines bringing them for sale.  When I first started going, Stern would make a movie licensed game every year.  Now there are more than half a dozen companies brining multiple new tables each year, and the prices keep going up.  I'm sorta wondering if Pinball economics will cool off a bit next year, but we'll see.

I saw that and was actually thinking about going to it.  They mentioned you could buy passes at the door, but never said how much they were.  And there was some free shuttle thing to the National Videogame Museum.  I'm not super into Pinball, but I bet I still would've had fun.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Eltigro said:

I saw that and was actually thinking about going to it.  They mentioned you could buy passes at the door, but never said how much they were.  And there was some free shuttle thing to the National Videogame Museum.  I'm not super into Pinball, but I bet I still would've had fun.

It is kind of an expensive show.  If you are just playing the games, you really have to go multiple days to get your money's worth.  We have so many places to play games in DFW that I'm not sure that Pinfest is quite the exclusive opportunity it once was.  We even have some groups locally who host little tournaments that I may try out someday.  Example:  NTX Pinball | The Colony TX | Facebook

• Like 2

This past week was the most games I've played in a week in a really long time! I've been having a ton of fun with my Retroid Pocket 3+ playing some old favorites as well as checking out some games for systems I've never owned like the Sega Dreamcast and PSP. :)

I can't help but think that emulation sure has come a long way in the past two years. For the last couple decades I've always been a die hard original hardware pursuit, since all my previous experiences with emulation were buggy glitchy messes that took way too much setup and configuration to try to get all the games for something as simple as a 16-bit system to play right, but so far every game I've tested on my Retroid Pocket 3+ has played absolutely flawlessly in both handheld mode and with 720p HDMI out playing on the big screen. Even Dreamcast, Saturn, and PSP all upscaled to 2x their original resolution have been perfect with no slowdown or graphical or audio glitches at all, and getting them all set up and running was simple as pie. I've heard some PSP games may have a bit of slowdown here and there, since PSP emulation is pretty much where the Retroid Pocket 3+'s CPU maxes out, but so far all the PSP games I've tried have played great.

It's kinda amazing having every game for every retro system I like (other than GameCube at least) from Atari 2600 to Dreamcast and everything in between, all on one $150 handheld where everything plays perfectly and the user interface is simple and intuitive to use. The build quality is fantastic too, if feels just as good as any Nintendo handheld I've ever held and the D-pad is probably the best I've ever used outside of the one on the original 6-button Sega Genesis controller. It feels kinda weird admitting it, since this is an Android based emulation system and not original hardware, but I'm pretty sure this is the best console I've ever owned and I totally love it! 

1789112887_IMG202303280003593.thumb.jpg.6b397c7cf84ec64a33eaeebdd40a9686.jpg

https://www.goretroid.com/collections/frontpage/products/retroid-pocket-3-handheld-retro-gaming-system-1

Ineligible 

Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge (Game Boy) - 198 minutes 

Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Genesis) - 155 minutes

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sega Genesis) - 134 minutes

Tanglewood (Sega Genesis) - 444 minutes

The House of the Dead (Sega Saturn) - 112 minutes 

The House of the Dead 2 (Sega Dreamcast) - 28 minutes

The Last Blade 2 (Neo Geo AES) - 48 minutes

Game Boy Advance

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance - 22 minutes

The Pinball of the Dead - 10 minutes

PlayStation Portable

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection - 12 minutes 

Tomb Raider: Anniversary  - 121 minutes 

Edited by Skippy B. Coyote
  • Like 4

The 3DS is dead, long live the 3DS! (Wii U too.)

Apple iOS:

Duolingo - 76 minutes

Pikmin Bloom - 383 minutes

Nintendo DSiWare:

GG Series BlackXBlock - 45 minutes

GG Series Dark Spirits - 54 minutes

GG Series D-Tank - 7 minutes

GG Series Score Attacker - 5 minutes

Pop+ Solo - 14 minutes

Thorium Wars - 5 minutes

Nintendo 3DS:

The "Denpa" Men 3 - 265 minutes

Edge - 35 minutes

KAROUS - The Beast of Re-Eden - - 33 minutes

The Legend of Kusakari - 32 minutes

Mario Kart 7 - 32 minutes

New Super Mario Bros 2 - 32 minutes

NightSky - 5 minutes

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Dual Destinies - 42 minutes

Pocket Card Jockey - 111 minutes

Pokemon Picross - 10 minutes

Pushmo - 26 minutes

StreetPass Mii Plaza - 20 minutes

Stretchmo - 18 minutes

Tangram Attack - 16 minutes

Thorium Wars: Attack of the Skyfighter - 14 minutes

(I think I logged this as just Thorium Wars before, but it turns out that the DSiWare original game was called that and this sequel is called Attack of the Skyfighter)

Toy Stunt Bike - 18 minutes

• Like 4

Week 12

Top games

1. Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) - 1239 min. (#8)
2. R-Type Final 3 Evolved (PS5) - 540 min.
3. Pikmin Bloom (iOS) - 383 min. (#6)
4. Metal Arms: Glitch in the System (Gamecube) - 344 min.
5. Forza Horizon 5 (Xbox One) - 300 min. (#5)
6. Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 (Mary Skelter: Nightmares) (PS4) - 273 min. (#4)
7. Denpa Men 3, The (3DS) - 265 min.
8. No Man's Sky (PS5) - 180 min.
9. Steamworld Dig 2 (3DS) - 147 min. (#3)
10. Tomb Raider: Anniversary (PSP) - 121 min.

Top systems

1. PS4 (4 games) - 1655 min. (#4)
2. 3DS (17 games) - 856 min. (#1)
3. PS5 (2 games) - 720 min.
4. iOS (2 games) - 459 min. (#6)
5. PC (9 games) - 435 min. (#2)
6. Gamecube (1 game) - 344 min. (#10)
7. Xbox One (1 game) - 300 min. (#7)
8. Android (6 games) - 185 min. (#9)
9. PSP (2 games) - 133 min.
10. DSi (6 games) - 130 min.
11. GBA (4 games) - 122 min. (#3)

Total 5339 minutes and 54 different games (of which 28 new) on 11 different systems, with 8 participants.

Horizon Zero Dawn is back into first place after a dip last week, with a huge margin over the others. It also helps the PS4 to the systems title, followed by a horde of 3DS games. Actually this week was entirely void of Switch gaming, which doesn't happen very often.

Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) also exceeds 150 hours (9000 minutes), which puts it in 25th place on the all-time list, the highest one just outside of 10K.

• Like 4

A few I forgot for next week:

3DS:

6180 the moon - 7 minutes

Crosswords Plus - 16 minutes

Stretchmo - 7 minutes

The “Denpa” Men 3: The Rise of Digitoll - 77 uncounted minutes

Team Kirby Clash Deluxe - 46 minutes

DSi:

Crazy Pinball - 10 minutes

Luckily these would not have altered this week’s standings any.

• Like 1

This week I played

Mario Kart Super Circuit for Game Boy Advance - 361 minutes

Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World for Game Boy Advance - 60 minutes

Progress:

Mario Kart - I completed all cups at 50cc, 100cc and 150cc for the second time, unlocking all of the extra tracks originally from Super Mario Kart. I also got the gold trophies in those extra 50cc, 100cc and 150cc cups and unlocked the extra tracks for time trial mode.

Super Mario Advance 2 - I have now made it to world 7, having collected all the Dragon (Yoshi) Coins along the way.

• Like 2

Sonic died this week or something. Alive or dead, he is here a lot this week somehow.

PC
Kyuukyoku Tiger/Twin Cobra - 55
The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog - 104

I still can't believe this exists, but it does. I also can't believe this is the best Sonic game since Sonic Mania, not that that really says much, but it is.
Out Zone - 16

Relayer Advanced - 394

It's back. Time to see if very hard difficulty is finally hard enough. New game+ is broken, so I started a new save file this time. I do actually have the original non-Advanced version on PS5, but I don't really want to play the entire game just to unlock very hard and still potentially end up with a broken NG+ save file. Besides, everyone knows that Advanced things are better than things that are not Advanced... right?

Sonic Generations - 24
Sonic Mania - 34
Tatsujin/Truxton - 11
Zero Wing - 7

PS4
Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition - 270

Finally decided to stop messing around with pointless sidequests and finish the story, which ended up being far shorter and less satisfying than I thought it would be. Probably won't bother with the free DLC that came with the Complete Edition since I really don't care anymore.
Sonic Colors: Ultimate - 271

PS5

R-Type Final 3 Evolved - 180
Sonic Frontiers - 466

This game is... okay, I guess. You would think that being able to actually do all of the stuff in the Sonic CD intro cutscene would be cool, but it turned out to be surprisingly boring. I was going to get this on PC, but I missed the Steam sale and I found a physical PS5 copy for slightly more than the Steam sale price, so I got it here instead and still managed to save some money. If you missed your chance to get the ugly Sonic Adventure 2 shoes DLC in the international versions, the Japanese PS5 version seems to have it as a free download. The shoes are ugly and huge, so they make Sonic look like he has disproportionately massive feet, but they are still available in the Japanese version if you really want them for whatever reason.

• Like 2

No retro games for me this week...  FF7 took a week off...

I did find a new game that is taking up a lot of time, though...

XBox One

Forza Horizon 5 - 180 min (Approximate time... I didn't write it down.  So I was working on the weekly stuff and the game crashed.  So I quit.  lol  When I first downloaded FH5, I was playing on my PC and it would crash on startup unless I ran it as administrator.  And then it was fine.  Now, since I've started playing on the XB1, I get random crashes.  I mean, I get crashes in a racing game, but not this kind.)

Dragon Quest Builders 2 - 780 min (Okay, I didn't think I'd like this nearly as much as I have.  It's very much Minecraft + Dragon Quest.  Minecraft is a huge time sink if you get into it, and DQ is as well.  I'm not terribly into Minecraft, but I did put quite a bit of time into it a few years ago.  If anyone has played this before, I just got back to the Island of Awakening and I'm working on building a river or whatever.)

• Like 2

Not a whole lot modern but 3DS and iPhone here.

Apple iOS:

Duolingo - 28 minutes

Pikmin Bloom - 247 minutes

Atari VCS:

Caverns of Mars: Recharged - 10 minutes

Nintendo DSi:

Game & Watch: Chef - 5 minutes (not sure if this should count as emulation or not, it seems as close as the DS compilations and much closer than the old GBA anthologies)

Starship Defense - 8 minutes

Nintendo 3DS:

Brave Dungeon - 737 minutes (not a typo... it's pretty much all I played this week.)

The "Denpa" Men 3 - 14 minutes

Pocket Card Jockey - 46 minutes

Nintendo Wii U:

Citadale: The Legends Trilogy - 11 minutes

• Like 2