IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2023 (Season 16)

carlsson

On 1/18/2023 at 8:54 AM, Atarian7 said:

Great, now I don't stand a chance.  :lol:

I wouldn't get too concerned, I've been really off my game this whole season and just haven't felt up to putting the effort into performing as well in the High Score Club this year as I did last year. I also missed most of the games for the last half of the season so you've already got some practice I haven't had at the games we'll be playing in the minor league tournament :)

Also, no classic gaming for me this week but I have been doing my traditional beginning of the new year playthrough of Alien: Isolation on the Switch for the modern tracker!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Week of 1/16/23 - 1/22/23

Atari 2600

Flash Gordon - 45

Frostbite - 5

H.E.R.O. - 5

Commodore 64

Jumpman - 30

Jumpman Junior - 45

Total time = 130 minutes

Flash Gordon was for the HSC and I wish I had had more time to practice. It's a fun game and I figured out way too late what I was doing wrong! Frostbite and H.E.R.O. are just a couple Activision favorites which I felt like having a quick game of.

Jumpman is probably my favorite game of all time and after posting a picture of my Jumpman collection I was inspired to play a few games. Actually the 30 minutes on Jumpman is one game which I wasn't able to finish (I thought I had paused it but when I came back all my Jumpmen were dead!)

• Like 6

19 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Star Castle Homebrew - 10

not to be confused with Star Castle Arcade, this earlier game is a lot harder. A lot a lot.

Since previously, there is an entry for Star Castle (solidcorp version). Would this equal the one you played, or is this a third version?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, carlsson said:

Since previously, there is an entry for Star Castle (solidcorp version). Would this equal the one you played, or is this a third version?

I had no idea, but it turns out that it is: 

It looks like people have settled on calling it Star Castle 2600 vs Star Castle Arcade (2600).

• Like 4

This last week I played:

Final Fantasy VII for Playstation - 400 minutes

Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus for Playstation - 500 minutes

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater for Playstation - 54 minutes

Progress:

Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus - I finished the rest of the game with 273 escapees and got the good ending, but not the perfect 100% one. Pretty good for not using a guide this time.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater - I started a new game and completed it with all tapes and gold medals as Tony Hawk.

Final Fantasy VII - I started a new game and just made it out of Midgar.

I can't believe my exact times for two games either round up or down to such round numbers, right down to the minute. That's pretty crazy.

• Like 5

Here's the summary for Week 03, running from January 16 - 22. We logged 3351 minutes of eligible play, playing 74 games on a total of 20 systems.

Top 10:

1. Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus (PlayStation) - 500 min. (#4)
2. Final Fantasy VII (PlayStation) - 400 min.
3. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 385 min. (#3)
4. Flash Gordon (Atari 2600) - 255 min.
5. Gate of Doom (a.k.a. Dark Seal) (Arcade) - 205 min.
6. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 123 min.
7. Slap Fight (a.k.a. ALCON) (Arcade) - 103 min.
8. Out Zone (Arcade) - 92 min. (#5)
9. Mine, The (TI-99/4A) - 85 min.
10. Slap Fight / Slap Fight MD (Genesis) - 79 min. (#9)

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 385 min. (PN#2)
2. Flash Gordon (Atari 2600) - 255 min. (PN#10)
3. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 123 min. (PN#6)
4. Mine, The (TI-99/4A) - 85 min. (PN#5)
5. Jumpman Jr. (Commodore 64) - 45 min.
5. Lunar Lander (Arcade) - 45 min.
7. Lode Runner (Apple II) - 41 min.
8. Asteroids (Atari 2600) - 32 min.
8. Buzz Worm (CoCo 1 & 2) - 32 min. (PN#3)
10. Jumpman (Commodore 64) - 30 min.

Top 10 systems:

1. PlayStation - 954 min. (#2)
2. Atari 2600 - 877 min. (#1)
3. Arcade - 588 min. (#3)
4. NES/Famicom - 153 min. (#8)
5. Apple II - 108 min.
6. Genesis - 95 min. (#4)
7. TI-99/4A - 85 min. (#6)
8. SNES - 83 min.
9. Commodore 64 - 75 min. (#10)
10. Atari 8-bit - 72 min. (#9)

The PlayStation games Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus and Final Fantasy VII are the top two, though Solar Fox is only 15 minutes behind and secures the pre-NES title. While the Atari 2600 has 15 titles but the PlayStation only three, the later has the higher totals and re-takes first place on the systems list.

No changes to the 1000/5000/10000 Minute Clubs. Final Fantasy VII (PlayStation) at least clocks in at an all-time 6502 minutes (despite the machine doesn't have that CPU).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I'M BACK!  At least I'm gonna try to be back...  been away from AA for a while.  No particular reason, I just go through ups and downs of being on here I guess.  So anyway...

Playstation

Castlevania Symphony of the Night:  776 min  (I started playing through this again and I'm working on the achievement set on RetroAchievements.  Because of that, there's been more grinding and farming and stuff... I doubt I will get all the achievements, some are just too much for me... I'm just not one to work THAT hard at it.  Once it becomes a chore or gets too hard or frustrating, it just isn't fun anymore and I'll stop.  So I'm not pushing myself to do all of them.)

Final Fantasy VII -  277 min (Let me start by saying, that I haven't had disc 2 and 3 for this game in over 20 years.  I gave a bunch of PS1 games to a friend to borrow when I got my PS2.  And that friend lost them.  Fast forward to a few weeks ago...   ...sometimes when I'm streaming, I do this "Goodwill Window Shopping" thing where I just browse Goodwill's online auction site and look at stuff and talk about it.  Well, during one of these, I saw a copy of FF7 with the printing flaw on the back (the "i" in "masterpiece" is wonky on some copies).  I put in a couple bids and was immediately outbid.  I gave up.  Kept going and found a copy of FF7...  greatest hits version... no manual... no disc 1... just the case and disc 2 and 3.  I figured, what the heck and put in a bid.  And won.  So I finally have all three discs (still need a manual).  So I stared playing disc 1 while waiting for the other discs to come in... and this week, I switched from disc 1 to disc 2 in FF7 for the first time in over 20 years.)

GameBoy Color

Turok 2:  Seeds of Evil - 15 min (Was watching a friend play this and they were complaining about how bad it was, so I had to try it.  I mean... not the worst... but I've def played more fun games.  I didn't bother with it long.  lol)

Sega Genesis

Truxton - 10 min (Just messing about a bit.  I'm terrible at it, but like to try it every once in a while.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Here are my times for this past week (January 23rd through 29th, 2023) on classic systems...

sorry, I haven't played anything neither on classic nor modern systems. As you may or may not know, since January 2nd I'm the adult representative for my father, and as such, I have to deliver a starting report which takes quite a lot of time to do, putting together all the financial statements, scanning them etc. Since my father also wants me to do more direct stuff for him, that doesn't lead much time for gaming, so basically I dropped out of that for now.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Here are my times for the week:

Atari 2600:

Tapper- 8 minutes

Star Wars: Empire strikes back- 12 minutes

Vanguard- 3 minutes

Spiderman- 2 1/2 minutes

Taz- 6 minutes

Time Pilot- 4 minutes

Dodge 'em: Dodger cars- 2 minutes

Q*bert- 5 minutes

NES

Alien Syndrome (Unlicensed)- 4 minutes

Burai fighter- 5 1/2 minutes

Baby Boomer (Unlicensed)- 8 minutes

Sega Genesis/Mega Drive

Sonic the Hedgehog 2- 6 minutes

Sonic the Hedgehog 1- 4 minutes

Midnight Resistance- 2 minutes

Super Street Fighter 2 the New Challengers- 5 1/2 minutes

Edited by Prosystemsearch
  • Like 5

ATARI 8-BIT

Megamania - 70 minutes

NES / FAMICOM:

Ms. Pac-Man [Tengen License] - 210 minutes

SNES:

Ms. Pac-Man - 200 minutes

EVIDENCES OF THE WEEK:

1) My SNES Ms. Pac-Man gameplay footage - Pac-Booster Always ON, Crazy, Mini Maze and Level 5 Start

2) My NES Ms. Pac-Man gameplay footage - Pac-Booster A or B, Crazy, Arcade Maze and Level 1 Start

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 5

Apple IIc

H.E.R.O. - 32 min

Strip Poker - 20 min

Atari 800

Ardy the Aardvark - 12 min

CoCo2

Buzz Worm - 46 min

CoCo3 

Tetra - 23 min

Commodore 64

Ardy the Aardvark - 6 min

Attack of the Muntant Camels - 9 min

C64 Anabalt - 32 min

Grid Pix - Advent -11 min

Hero2 Preview - 2 min

Jumpman Jr. - 42 min

Ladybug - 6 min

Mike Quarter, Present Sorter - 3 min

Millie & Mollie - 69 min

Milles Bourne - 28 min

Neptune Lander - 4 min

Oil's Well - 40 min

Old Tower - 30 min

O'Riley's Mine - 10 min

Shadow Switcher - 10 min

Sheep Is A Key - 4 min

Tutankahm Returns - 35 min

Ultimate Wizard - 14 min

Way of the Exploding Fist - 15 min

Zombie Calavera Prologue - 6 min

Edited by onlyinajeep
  • Like 6

Week of 1/23/23 - 1/29/23

Atari 2600

Q*Bert - 60

Commodore 64

Bruce Lee - 35

Conan - 15

Phantasie - 240

Total time = 350 minutes

Q*bert was for the HSC. After beating Bruce Lee I decided to revisit another Datasoft game by RJF which I remember really liking back in the day: Conan. Now I would say it is charming but flawed, and nowhere near the quality of Bruce Lee.

I'm not sure how accurate my Phantasie time is. The game is so slow (not just load times but even in combat or exploring) that I spent a lot of time doing other things and I tried to adjust it accordingly.

• Like 6

DOS 

Commander Keen Complete Pack 20

I played this on Steam through DOS Box.  I'm not sure when I got this, but I do have a few DOS Box games in my Steam library which is kinda dumb since those games are usually easy enough to find for free, and I'm familiar enough with DOS Box that I could just configure it myself.  But hey-ho here we go, and I chose to fire this one up on the weekend.  Technically, I played the first game in the Invasion of the Vorticons trilogy, but I believe the complete pack was its own retail release.  I don't really know this series, and while I was playing DOS games in 1990, I don't know if this would have gotten my attention.  I was really impressed with my brief time with it though and would like to spend more time in the future. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Keir said:

Commodore 64

Bruce Lee - 35

Conan - 15

Phantasie - 240

Phantasie is great. This was my first RPG style game, spent many hours back in the day playing that. I revisited it a couple years ago and still enjoyed it. I played Roadwar 2000 after finishing, it was pretty much a reskinned Phantasie, but still good. I might hafta play that again this year.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, wongojack said:

Technically, I played the first game in the Invasion of the Vorticons trilogy, but I believe the complete pack was its own retail release.

I would argue that all episodes are standalone and should be tracked separately. The first one is Commander Keen in Invasion of the Vorticons Episode 1: Marooned on Mars.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

I would argue that all episodes are standalone and should be tracked separately. The first one is Commander Keen in Invasion of the Vorticons Episode 1: Marooned on Mars.

Wongojack is lucky that on PC DOS, so far only Marooned on Mars has been tracked, so we'll keep it in that way.

• Like 4