IGNORED

Best approach for completing the 125

vtadave

Getting closer to completing the 125.  Probably paid too much for a few of these during COVID.  What do you all think is the best approach for getting a few more of these in 2023?  Ebay? Posting here or on Facebook? Here is what I still need. Hoping for CIB.  Yeah a few rough ones in here obviously.

Body Slam Super Pro Wrestling
Congo Bongo
Fathom
Learning Fun I
Learning Fun II
Melody Blaster
Mountain Madness Super Pro Skiing
Pole Position
Spiker Super Pro Volleyball
Stadium Mud Buggies
Super Pro Decathlon
Thunder Castle
Tower of Doom
Triple Challenge
World Cup Soccer
World Series Major League Baseball
Worm Whomper

Use anything you can.  Every platform has its drawbacks and benefits. Remember that even if you come across something on your list not in great shape, get it.  You can always upgrade and use the lower quality one for trade or sale.

Rely on this forum, it vcan help greatly, there are good people in here that are always on your side.

• Like 1

Get some Apple Air Tags and then find a Sharp Shot CIB.  Put the air tag in the box and add a MADE IN BRAZIL sticker to the box so its a variant.  Seal the box and put it on eBay for $300.00.  Whoever buys it will store it in their secret underground lair.  Bring a large bag for the loot.  Find out where Santa gets his bag.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Get some Apple Air Tags and then find a Sharp Shot CIB.  Put the air tag in the box and add a MADE IN BRAZIL sticker to the box so its a variant.  Seal the box and put it on eBay for $300.00.  Whoever buys it will store it in their secret underground lair.  Bring a large bag for the loot.  Find out where Santa gets his bag.

Not a bad idea.  I'll look into that.

1 hour ago, Sinjinhawke said:

power-puff-girls-meme.gif.83b1eca0e2698ba0c816fcd0c07cc0d4.gif

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, vtadave said:

Probably not all at once.

and this is actually what makes collecting fun!😎

It will take you quite a lot of time to get them all, at the end you’ll probably have cashed out that money, but over some years it’s not so insane!

Enjoy your Intellijourney Dude!👍👍👍

• Like 2

Collecting isn't a destination, it's a Journey.  I used to get frustrated by focusing on what I was missing instead of appreciating what I had.   One day I told myself, "I'll be alright without you, Spiker, though I'll be waiting for you with open arms." Anytime you're feeling that way, don't stop believing in the process.  Any way you want it, that's the way you need it, but if you're faithfully and patiently trusting the process, someday soon you'll get those games, even if it seems like it's taking infinity.  Just remember, the wheel in the sky keeps on turning and none of us knows where we'll be tomorrow, so be good to yourself.

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Collecting isn't a destination, it's a Journey.  I used to get frustrated by focusing on what I was missing instead of appreciating what I had.   One day I told myself, "I'll be alright without you, Spiker, though I'll be waiting for you with open arms." Anytime you're feeling that way, don't stop believing in the process.  Any way you want it, that's the way you need it, but if you're faithfully and patiently trusting the process, someday soon you'll get those games, even if it seems like it's taking infinity.  Just remember, the wheel in the sky keeps on turning and none of us knows where we'll be tomorrow, so be good to yourself.

Did you just quote like twelve songs? 😂

• Haha 2

On 1/4/2023 at 9:26 PM, vtadave said:

Getting closer to completing the 125.  Probably paid too much for a few of these during COVID.  What do you all think is the best approach for getting a few more of these in 2023?  Ebay? Posting here or on Facebook? Here is what I still need. Hoping for CIB.  Yeah a few rough ones in here obviously.

Congo Bongo
Fathom
Learning Fun I
Learning Fun II
Melody Blaster
Pole Position
Stadium Mud Buggies
Super Pro Decathlon
Thunder Castle
Tower of Doom
Triple Challenge
World Cup Soccer
Worm Whomper

Are we on Facebook here?

Well, your list (17 games @ estimated value of $5000- $5500 imo) is all of the big dogs it looks like (which will be 75% of the total value of your 125 when finished). Best bet is to get what you can when you can.. (again, my opinion). Dont save the highest priced games til the end. They will only cost you more in a few years. Ive seen Body Slam, Thunder Castle, Worm Womper, Decathlon, World Cup Soccer, and Tower of Doom on Ebay and other sites lately for descent prices. You will probably never see Spiker unknowingly pop up at a low price again (those days of people not knowing what they have are long gone). So be prepared to pay up for that one.

Just keep your eyes open and make lots of contacts here on AA. It will help you immensely to complete your 125.

• Like 2

On 1/4/2023 at 9:26 PM, vtadave said:

Congo Bongo
Fathom
Learning Fun I
Learning Fun II
Melody Blaster
Pole Position
Stadium Mud Buggies
Super Pro Decathlon
Thunder Castle
Tower of Doom
Triple Challenge
World Cup Soccer
Worm Whomper

Are we on Facebook here?

Well, your list (17 games @ estimated value of $5000- $5500 imo) is all of the big dogs it looks like (which will be 75% of the total value of your 125 when finished). Best bet is to get what you can when you can.. (again, my opinion). Dont save the highest priced games til the end. They will only cost you more in a few years. Ive seen Body Slam, Thunder Castle, Worm Womper, Decathlon, World Cup Soccer, and Tower of Doom on Ebay and other sites lately for descent prices. You will probably never see Spiker unknowingly pop up at a low price again (those days of people not knowing what they have are long gone). So be prepared to pay up for that one.

Just keep your eyes open and make lots of contacts here on AA. It will help you immensely to complete your 125.

17 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Are we on Facebook here?

Thanks.  It will be an adventure.

• Like 1

I used to drive from Orange County to Torrance to go to the INTV office to pick up games since I was in LA going to shows all the time. It was such a tiny, modest place.  I got Spiker and everything else there directly.  And then I turned around years later and sold everything I had back in '93 for $250.

All 125, ECS, changer, keyboard, all of it.

Heavy sigh...

Edited by Omnibro

1 hour ago, Omnibro said:

I used to drive from Orange County to Torrance to go to the INTV office to pick up games since I was in LA going to shows all the time. It was such a tiny, modest place.  I got Spiker and everything else there directly.  And then I turned around years later and sold everything I had back in '93 for $250.

All 125, ECS, changer, keyboard, all of it.

Heavy sigh...

Ouch.  I'm originally from Ventura County and wish I had driven down there and not sold what I bought.

I did sell my childhood INTV with games at one point many years ago for far less than I'm sure I should have.  I didn't have a ton of the big shooters like Spiker, but I know I had Congo Bongo.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how to price a game like Mountain Madness Skiing?  I have a line on a CIB copy, but there isn't much of anything on ebay sold items.  Pricecharting is all over the map and has it at $214.67.  Seems rather high, but who knows.