IGNORED

DaDither - another one image converter

DecAns

13 hours ago, DecAns said:

Also I'm looking for sample YAPP and FRACTALS images. It doesn't have to be something highly artistic. If there are a couple of circles and rectangles, then that's fine with me.

Here are some images from Fractals; as it is the only program which uses that format, I don't have simpler images. TIImageTool can display them for reference.

fractals_images.dsk

• Like 1

G6 and G7 modes added. Some details.

512x192: Image can be saved as MyArt file (.MyArtG6FA, magic byte - 0xFA) and as YAPP file (.yapp, magic byte - 0xFA). TIIimageTool displays images correctly.

512x212: Image can be saved as MyArt file (.MyArtG6FA, magic byte - 0xFA) and as YAPP file (.yapp, magic byte - 0xFA). TIIimageTool displays images correctly.

512x424: Image can be saved as YAPP file (.yapp, magic byte - 0x7A). TIIimageTool displays images correctly.

256x192: Image can be saved as MyArt file (.MyArtG700, magic byte - 0x00) and as YAPP file (.yapp, magic byte - 0xFE). TIIimageTool displays .MyArtG700 as 256x212 and displays .yapp incorrectly (I don't know where the error is, in my code or in the TIIimageTool code).

256x212: Image can be saved as MyArt file (.MyArtG700, magic byte - 0x00) and as YAPP file (.yapp, magic byte - 0xFE). TIIimageTool displays .MyArtG700 correctly and displays .yapp incorrectly (I don't know where the error is, in my code or in the TIIimageTool code).

256x424: Image can be saved as YAPP file (.yapp, magic byte - 0x7E). TIIimageTool displays images incorrectly (I don't know where the error is, in my code or in the TIIimageTool code).

Maybe someone can check how files open in viewers in an emulator or a real machine.

The images that don't work are obviously some YAPP pictures. The 256x192 Myart G7 pic looks good to me; there is just a black bar at the bottom (lines 193-212).

I'll have to check whether YAPP uses some features that are not compatible with Myart.

5 minutes ago, mizapf said:

there is just a black bar at the bottom (lines 193-212)

It means that you detect 212 lines instead of 192.

5 minutes ago, mizapf said:

I'll have to check whether YAPP uses some features that are not compatible with Myart.

The only difference is the Magic value, which is in the second byte of file. The files 256x192_YAPP.yapp and 256x192_MYART.MyArtG700 are absolutely identical byte-to-byte, except for the Magic value, but 256x192_MYART.MyArtG700 is displayed correctly, and 256x192_YAPP.yapp is not.

I did not check for 192 lines, in fact. My intention for TIImageTool was rather to have a quick way of checking the picture content, so the black bar was OK for me.

As for the YAPP issue, I need a closer check; I suspect an error in the file record reading. I'm getting a bad export from TIImageTool, so it is likely that the records are wrongly read.

7 minutes ago, mizapf said:

but I see numerous differences

Could you also compare original files from zip?

Something strange:

1) Create empty floppy disc in TIImageTool.

2) Drag&Drop file 256x192_YAPP.yapp to TIImageTool to add the file to to disc

3) Run Save as TIFILES command.

4) And 256x192_YAPP.yapp is not equal to saved file.

1 hour ago, DecAns said:

Could you also compare original files from zip?

I was too slow to remove my previous posting, so you answered to it; these differences are not real. Or let's say, they originate inside TIImageTool.

The error is in the TIImageTool ImageFrame class;

nPos = (g6 | yapp)? 0x22 : 0x02;

This means it treats G6 and YAPP equally, which means that a G7 YAPP image does not work. When I remove the "|yapp", it works, but I have to check why it is there.