IGNORED

DaDither - another one image converter

DecAns

Either you pass the file name on the command line (like "-flop1 mydisk.dsk"), or you open the OSD menu (ScrlLock, TAB), then go to File manager and navigate to the file. BTW, if the floppy sound bothers you, use the "Slider controls" option also in the OSD menu.

3 hours ago, Nick99 said:

Attached PictureTransfer, it's a MDOS-program (when it has started, press <Enter/Return> and it will show a help screen with all commands), MAME is the only Geneve emulator I know of.

@hloberg has put together a package to download and set up the MAME Geneve emulator, and I guess PictureTransfer may be in that package. 

PICU 3.63 kB · 3 downloads PICT 8.13 kB · 3 downloads

Honestly I don't remember if it is in the Geneve package. but it will be now if not, thanks.

FYI: Here's a link to the emulation section of my website that includes the Geneve MAME amongst other packages. https://ti99resources.wordpress.com/emulation/

• Like 1

I played with PictureTransfer a bit. I can't figure out why PictureTransfer doesn't understand YAPP files with a height of 424. We need someone who knows how to handle a debugger and who can figure out the reason based on code analysis. It is possible also to check the correctness of the files that DaDither creates using the YAPP program, but I could not find it.

But PictureTransfer can work with GIF files. I have updated the program, now it creates GIF files that PictureTransfer processes correctly, including files with a height of 424.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If you hit me up this weekend, I can see what other Picture Transfer images I have that are in MyArt format.  MyArt, also released here on AtariAge, had an update for the TIPI mouse, however MAME does not presently support the TIPI mouse so you would need real hardware.  

If you are using MAME, you would need the bus mouse version of Myart.  It should be on whtech, so hopefully someone can point you towards the files.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nick99 said:

I have not been able to start YAPP, otherwise I could have seen if that work. For some odd reason even using the latest EXEC to start YAPP from MDOS don't work on my Geneve.

To load from the TI or Geneve, in its standard configuration, the file YAPPDSR must reside on DSK1.  If the file is not found, YAPP will exit.  No idea why that file wasn't just included in the program itself. (this may be the mouse driver?)  To confirm, I used my Geneve and EXEC 2.7 to load YAPP.  It failed until I copied YAPPDSR to DSK1. The behavior is consistent with the /4a and Geneve.  Also, I think YAPP requires the extra 64K VRAM - the docs should confirm this.  If all else fails, PM me the relevant files and I will compare them with my copy, when time permits.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

To load from the TI or Geneve, in its standard configuration, the file YAPPDSR must reside on DSK1.  If the file is not found, YAPP will exit.  No idea why that file wasn't just included in the program itself. (this may be the mouse driver?)  To confirm, I used my Geneve and EXEC 2.7 to load YAPP.  It failed until I copied YAPPDSR to DSK1. The behavior is consistent with the /4a and Geneve.  Also, I think YAPP requires the extra 64K VRAM - the docs should confirm this.  If all else fails, PM me the relevant files and I will compare them with my copy, when time permits.  

Thanks, I will see if I can make it work.

On 3/13/2023 at 2:06 PM, mizapf said:

You should not add a "dsk" suffix to the TIFILES; this may encourage people to use them like disk images.

My apologies; this seems to be a setting in my Firefox browser; it automatically adds the ".dsk" suffix if there is none. I have to investigate where I can change this. So that's on me.

• Like 1