IGNORED

oldlairdie

Hi everyone, hope you all had a good holiday 

In my 50's and bought a new flashback 50 anniversary from Lost Universe.... 

Been a gamer for years but this was one of the first times I actually went back to retro... always found emulators never played the same as the original Atari 2600.... remember having to replace the insert in my original joystick. You could buy replacement parts from atari back then.... any one else remember having to do this? Frogger was one of my favourites... seen a screen grab on the advert and Frogger was on the TV in the background 

Bought mine and it doesn't have it on the console.... typical

Great to play space invaders, missile command etc as it used to be. Love the site. 

• Like 7

Hi, wish I had done this years ago.... been in an xbox daze for years...

Not sure if it's the arcade version.... been so long since I played the original.

Plays really well, missile command and centipede just as I remember them... but reading some of the other posts feel I am missing out on a few belters..... Frogger and Bezerk...., and seen the cart modded version of halo.... that's brilliant. We stopped using our atari when the commodore 64 was the Christmas replacement.... screen shot below of space invaders

16730352203077232514887369269494.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome aboard!

Yeah IIRC that's very similar to the arcade version of Space Invaders,  maybe not identical...(Depending on if it's the one I think it is) I don't think the last invader moves as fast for example.  It was something where they couldn't get the home rights for some reason,  IDK...

Anyway hope you have fun here at AtariAge!  And check out the store for homebrews!

Cheers!

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 8:36 PM, GoldLeader said:

Welcome aboard!

Yeah IIRC that's very similar to the arcade version of Space Invaders,  maybe not identical...(Depending on if it's the one I think it is) I don't think the last invader moves as fast for example.  It was something where they couldn't get the home rights for some reason,  IDK...

Anyway hope you have fun here at AtariAge!  And check out the store for homebrews!

Cheers!

Thanks, when I get my uploads working need to buy some more stuff.... still amazed at the Halo one, looks like bezerk remake

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, oldlairdie said:

Thanks, when I get my uploads working need to buy some more stuff.... still amazed at the Halo one, looks like bezerk remake

If I can recall, Halo 2600 is basically Adventure combined with Berzerk...and it's themed after the Halo franchise.

• Like 1