IGNORED

Atari Gamestation? What?

ColecoGamer

On 1/6/2023 at 8:03 PM, THX-1138 said:

I really do not get the negativity for these, AtariRage strikes again.

I will be getting the pocket player for playing the 2600 games I like I've already seen some of my favorites on the 100 included, I don't play mobile games so it would be handy for me when traveling or just sat on the beach.  I will buy the console to replace the fugly Flashback console I have in the lounge, 200 games is more than enough for me, especially with 2600, 7800 and Arcade games included. 

Just get the Atari 50th anniversary collection for the real consoles.  It has games from more Atari platforms than anything else Atari's put out.  This thing doesn't even have the aesthetic advantage the Flashback has of actually looking like a 2600...

WTF? No love for the 5200??? No thanks, I'll stick to my 5200, 7800 and ColecoVision. These endless bullshit rehashes of 2600 games are exactly that, how about putting in an SD card slot like what AtGames did on the FB9, if you're gonna release yet another BS mini console with the same dull games on it again and again, then that's a waste of time and money. PUT IN SOME R & D into it!!! .....and show some love for the 5200 while you're at it, it too, was a great console, once you got used to the M.O. of the CX52 controllers she was great!!! 500+ titles and growing!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

WTF? No love for the 5200??? No thanks, I'll stick to my 5200, 7800 and ColecoVision. These endless bullshit rehashes of 2600 games are exactly that, how about putting in an SD card slot like what AtGames did on the FB9, if you're gonna release yet another BS mini console with the same dull games on it again and again, then that's a waste of time and money. PUT IN SOME R & D into it!!! .....and show some love for the 5200 while you're at it, it too, was a great console, once you got used to the M.O. of the CX52 controllers she was great!!! 500+ titles and growing!!!

WOW Dude, are you reading my mind? lol. For real, what you communicated are my thoughts to a tee. After purchasing the Atari VCS and Atari 550, Im done with the rehashing of 2600 games. Like you, my main focus is collecting for the 5200 and Collectorvision (ie:Colecovision). The VCS, Atari 50 and 5200 adapter are more than enough places to play 2600 games. Why on earth would any of us need another 2600 flashback console.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Flyindrew said:

WOW Dude, are you reading my mind? lol. For real, what you communicated are my thoughts to a tee. After purchasing the Atari VCS and Atari 550, Im done with the rehashing of 2600 games. Like you, my main focus is collecting for the 5200 and Collectorvision (ie:Colecovision). The VCS, Atari 50 and 5200 adapter are more than enough places to play 2600 games. Why on earth would any of us need another 2600 flashback console.

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

Some of us have been saying this for the past 10 years as we see each new Flashback (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, gold edition, etc.)

Same reason why Sega keeps rehasing Genesis games instead of releasing games from other systems (Master System & Saturn)...because most people only care about the company's "good times" when their nostalgia runs high.

So-called "failed" systems will never be nostalgic for the masses, and that's why I don't exclusively use current releases like Flashbacks & Gamestations for classic gaming...

Edited by MrMaddog
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

I am skeptical of how well these will sell, but we in this forum are 100% not the target audience for them.

True, we aren't.  With that in mind, it seems likely that they'll follow the usual patterns for these: a purchasing flurry and YouTube video explosion at release time, then crickets (because nearly everyone who initially wanted one bought one), then another flurry of purchasing around Christmas (when they're bought for people who don't know what to get that one weirdo in their life who likes old computers and consoles), followed by tumbleweeds.

Sure, they'll sell a few more in-between those two events, but by and large things like this have two sales seasons: release and December.  Sales at other times are pretty small, from what I understand.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

when they're bought for people who don't know what to get that one weirdo in their life who likes old computers and consoles), followed by tumbleweeds.

I'm glad I'm not THAT weirdo, thanks, with my financial constraints right about now not even I would represent that remark nor intended market.

And the 7800 natively plays 2600 carts without an adapter and alongside the 5200 and ColecoVision they make a perfect classic gamer's menage au trois of consoles if you ask me. Enough said. 

Edited by BIGHMW

11 hours ago, Stephen said:

Some of us have been saying this for the past 10 years as we see each new Flashback (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, gold edition, etc.)

....and of all of those the Flashback 9 was THE BEST of the bunch and then they had to screw all that up by releasing the Flashback X without an SD card slot, The SD card slot was the reason why the FB9 sold the best..... shame on you AtGames!!!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 1/5/2023 at 1:57 PM, ColecoGamer said:

Check it out here:

Got mine last week. SD slot and all. Supposedly list of games that are supported is absolutely huge. I plan to save it for Christmas day, just something to muck about with, as I've never had anything except original hardware, video adapters and multicarts. I'm actually really looking forward to digging into this one a bit. I think I've spent more on HDMI upconverters, power supplies and cables over the past few years than I spent on this one. 

No need to hate, I'm not a flashback fan of any kind, and my 800 still loads from a trak drive :)