IGNORED

Questions about my NEW Nintendo 3DS XL

MaDDuck

I have a new NEW Nintendo 3DS XL that I bought new a few years ago and love the damn thing!

To get to the Micro SD card, I have to undo 2 screws on the back and plan on doing it based on the answers I get here...

With the image sharing service now off lone, I need to know which folder my pictures are saved in? So I can review and remove them.

And also I want to throw a few .mp3 files on it to listen to when I get bored. What type must they be and into which folder do I put them in?

Any help would be helped tremendously!! oh and I have a 512GB micro SD card so even with all of my games, I still have plenty of space left

Thank all of the Atari members!

Edited by MaDDuck
for clarification

There should be a photo album on the card, although I forget whether it's at the root or not.  I'm honestly unsure at the moment.

If you go into the system settings, it is possible to set the New 3DS to wireless connection mode, and you can browse it as a network drive on some computers. I can't remember how that works, though... I got a copy of Cubic Ninja years ago and I just use that to boot into homebrew and access FTP.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, MaDDuck said:

No help on here? Guess I'll just crack the case and dig around on the micro SD card to find what I need...

Thanks anyway

I'm fairly sure there is an obvious "Photo" or "Album" or "DCIM" directory in the root of the card.

Again, you might be able to wirelessly access the card without removing the back of the unit.  Go into Settings and there should be a Wireless option -- for some versions of Windows it will automatically detect it as a network drive.

5 hours ago, DavidD said:

I'm fairly sure there is an obvious "Photo" or "Album" or "DCIM" directory in the root of the card.

Again, you might be able to wirelessly access the card without removing the back of the unit.  Go into Settings and there should be a Wireless option -- for some versions of Windows it will automatically detect it as a network drive.

tomorrow I'll boot into Windows 11 and try to have it see the 3DS.If it doesn't work, I'll try to figure out where the pictures and screenshots are and where .MP3 files go.

• 2 weeks later...

Photos on my 3DS XL are located in the /DCIM directory, such as this one of my cookie jar:

image.thumb.jpeg.39254aad98c21a26863c51b55c3d8839.jpeg

3D version:

HNI_0009.MPO

Are you aware of @llabnip's port of Stella, which lets you play Atari 2600 games on your 3DS?

image.thumb.jpeg.df5199414eff8d735a3bd48ba9fe727a.jpeg

He also ported emulators for other systems, such as ColecoVision and Atari 7800.

image.jpeg.b4f55902257ab7b64a042544d616a

image.jpeg.093f65074371630119986044d6260

You can more information in this topic:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MaDDuck said:

I'll have my N3DSXL open to take the card out again by next week. I'll try to make a "music" folder and fill it up and see if it works!!

Again, it's worth noting that you SHOULD be able to access all the files on your internal card using... samba file sharing, I believe.